hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Hasn't travelled with the team to Denmark due to "injury"

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...league-injury/

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree but Griffiths isn't our player and only recently signed a new deal with Celtic.

Even before this latest episode became public, I don't think there was any way he was coming to Hibs - at least not during this window.

That he's done too much daft stuff isn't even up for debate IMO, and TBH it's probably the last straw as far as I'm concerned, but I think people are going well OTT with this particular incident.
    OTT? 30 year olds trying it on with a girl who probably hasn’t even sat her exams yet.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Baffles me why some would think he'd be motivated to put in performances for Hibs week in week out when he couldn't get himself fit for celtic's biggest season in decades or a chance to pretty much walk into the national side playing at a major tournament for the first time in a generation. Dodged a bullet by not signing him.

Fair enough but he’s a player who obviously needs careful management. Pat Fenlon was brilliant with him.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    OTT? 30 year olds trying it on with a girl who probably hasn’t even sat her exams yet.
    She posted the underwear photo. She looked older. He didn't know her age and hinted at wanting more photos.

It might be seedy but he was hardly "trying it on".

Had he known her age then yes, that would have been indefensible - but he didn't.

She posted the underwear photo. She looked older. He didn't know her age and hinted at wanting more photos.

It might be seedy but he was hardly "trying it on".

Had he known her age then yes, that would have been indefensible - but he didn't.
    She was 16, that’s the fact. He’s 30. He should be far more aware of his surroundings. He wasn’t trying it on asking for more pics? Defending the indefensible. Like I’ve said before, ignorance isn’t a defence and he should be thanking his lucky stars that she wasn’t a few months younger or he’d be finding himself with all sorts of unwanted records, but being a few months older doesn’t make it any less creepy from his point of view.

She was 16, that’s the fact. He’s 30. He should be far more aware of his surroundings. He wasn’t trying it on asking for more pics? Defending the indefensible. Like I’ve said before, ignorance isn’t a defence and he should be thanking his lucky stars that she wasn’t a few months younger or he’d be finding himself with all sorts of unwanted records, but being a few months older doesn’t make it any less creepy from his point of view.
    Creepy - maybe. Beast - no.

I'm in no way condoning his behaviour but I can't be bothered going round in circles on this so I'll leave all you paragons of virtue to continue blowing things out of proportion.

Creepy - maybe. Beast - no.

I'm in no way condoning his behaviour but I can't be bothered going round in circles on this so I'll leave all you paragons of virtue to continue blowing things out of proportion.
    Legally not a beast but asking school girls for more pics when replying to an underwear picture when your 30 is beastly enough. If the truth is blowing it out of proportion then so be it. At least she wasn’t underage though eh, that few months makes all the difference!

Legally not a beast but asking school girls for more pics when replying to an underwear picture when your 30 is beastly enough. If the truth is blowing it out of proportion then so be it. At least she wasn’t underage though eh, that few months makes all the difference!

What makes more of a difference is the fact that he did nothing remotely illegal regardless of how much of an issue some people are determined to make of this.

The fact he's been reported, investigated, but cleared of any wrongdoing, to me says his judgement is flawed, and has in the past been flawed.

No matter which side of the fence you sit, for all he's a talented footballer, the negatives of this and other events far outweigh any positives for me.

Hibs need to look forwards, not backwards.

What makes more of a difference is the fact that he did nothing remotely illegal regardless of how much of an issue some people are determined to make of this.
    So you keep saying. Not that he knew it wasn’t illegal as you’ve already said he had no idea her age. He wasn’t bothered about her age. As I’ve said on that front he’s a very lucky man. It’s still creepy and beastly though.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    So you keep saying. Not that he knew it wasn’t illegal as you’ve already said he had no idea her age. He wasn’t bothered about her age. As I’ve said on that front he’s a very lucky man. It’s still creepy and beastly though.
    Turning it round, do you think he knew how young she was, or more likely foolishly assumed she was much older ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Turning it round, do you think he knew how young she was, or more likely foolishly assumed she was much older ?
    Only he knows.

You can't possibly know that he wasn't bothered about her age. He could quite easily have thought she was older.

And how is he lucky? That would suggest that he did something and got away with it which isn't the case. Quite the opposite in fact.

You can't possibly know that he wasn't bothered about her age. He could quite easily have thought she was older.

And how is he lucky? That would suggest that he did something and got away with it which isn't the case. Quite the opposite in fact.
    ‘Thought’ - not a great argument. He’s very lucky seeing as he never knew her age, she could’ve been any age. He’s lucky she was a few months above legal age. Others haven’t been so lucky. I’ll reiterate, he’s 30, she was school age. Creep!

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Only he knows.
    I’m prepared to believe he didn’t know her age.

‘Thought’ - not a great argument. He’s very lucky seeing as he never knew her age, she could’ve been any age. He’s lucky she was a few months above legal age. Others haven’t been so lucky. I’ll reiterate, he’s 30, she was school age. Creep!
    Can you explain the "luck" part please? I honestly don't see it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I get the impression from your posts that you’re almost a bit disappointed she wasn’t under age. It’s a bit like you’re desperate for this to be a bigger scandal than it’s turned out to be.

I’d imagine a lot of guys on here have slept with a female without asking their age. Are they all just lucky beasts as well because they didn’t do full background checks?

You keep referring to him being lucky when really it’s as simple as he’s done nothing legally wrong. There’s lots of things people don’t do for moral reasons, I eat meat but I’m aware others don’t. To some that’s morally wrong that I do that but we all have different morals.

I wouldn’t ask a 16 year old for naked pictures because my morals would tell me it’s wrong, but it’s not really my or anyone else’s place to start referring to someone as a beast because they have when there’s been nothing illegal commited.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 27-07-2021 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I get the impression from your posts that you’re almost a bit disappointed she wasn’t under age. It’s a bit like you’re desperate for this to be a bigger scandal than it’s turned out to be.

I’d imagine a lot of guys on here have slept with a female without asking their age. Are they all just lucky beasts as well because they didn’t do full background checks?

You keep referring to him being lucky when really it’s as simple as he’s done nothing legally wrong. There’s lots of things people don’t do for moral reasons, I eat meat but I’m aware others don’t. To some that’s morally wrong that I do that but we all have different morals.

I wouldn’t ask a 16 year old for naked pictures because my morals would tell me it’s wrong, but it’s not really my or anyone else’s place to start referring to someone as a beast because they have when there’s been nothing illegal commited.
    If your ok with 30 year olds perving on girls not out of school yet, whether illegal or not, then fair play. I can refer to him as whatever I see fit, as can you. It’s not your place to tell people what they can and cannot see people as. Everyone has an opinion, mine and plenty of others is that it’s creepy at best, and absolutely beastly.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    If your ok with 30 year olds perving on girls not out of school yet, whether illegal or not, then fair play. I can refer to him as whatever I see fit, as can you. It’s not your place to tell people what they can and cannot see people as. Everyone has an opinion, mine and plenty of others is that it’s creepy at best, and absolutely beastly.
    Yes of course, you can keep calling folk whatever you want. Why don’t you go down the street and call some random guy a rapist to his face? I mean it would seem that you make the call nowadays rather than the law. The guy most likely won’t be a rapist but why let that stop you.

As I said, you really just come across as if you’re disappointed that she wasn’t underage because you wanted a ‘bheast’scandal to discuss with some of your claims. He was just lucky she wasn’t underage, he didn’t care about her age etc.

You keep telling us about how she’s school age to try and make it sound like he was chatting up a 10 year old. She could have left school since you weirdly seem to be obsessed with the school side of it. She could be in full time employment. In reality she was old enough that he hadn’t done anything legally wrong.

Was Zemmama a beast? Was Graham Stack a beast? Neither of them ever done anything legally wrong but why let that get in the way of declaring them beasts?

It certainly wouldn’t be me doing what he was doing, it’s not my bag. But I’m not sure your own personal morals being different to someone else’s should ever be considered an acceptable reason to be going round calling someone a beast.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 27-07-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Not my decision of course but not sure what this debate is doing in the football part of the forum.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Not my decision of course but not sure what this debate is doing in the football part of the forum.
    Agreed, it's about a female posting pictures of herself half undressed with her face hidden looking for a reaction.

One of those that reacted is a married man who should have known better.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Yes of course, you can keep calling folk whatever you want. Why don’t you go down the street and call some random guy a rapist to his face? I mean it would seem that you make the call nowadays rather than the law. The guy most likely won’t be a rapist but why let that stop you.

As I said, you really just come across as if you’re disappointed that she wasn’t underage because you wanted a ‘bheast’scandal to discuss with some of your claims. He was just lucky she wasn’t underage, he didn’t care about her age etc.

You keep telling us about how she’s school age to try and make it sound like he was chatting up a 10 year old. She could have left school since you weirdly seem to be obsessed with the school side of it. She could be in full time employment. In reality she was old enough that he hadn’t done anything legally wrong.

Was Zemmama a beast? Was Graham Stack a beast? Neither of them ever done anything legally wrong but why let that get in the way of declaring them beasts?

It certainly wouldn’t be me doing what he was doing, it’s not my bag. But I’m not sure your own personal morals being different to someone else’s should ever be considered an acceptable reason to be going round calling someone a beast.
    Good post
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Admins. Any chance of just ending this here? The ‘discussion’ has become tediously circular with nothing new really being added.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    Admins. Any chance of just ending this here? The ‘discussion’ has become tediously circular with nothing new really being added.
    I concur.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I concur.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Me too.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I don't, i cant see anything wrong here with what people of both sides are saying, just because you dont like what you see, doesn't mean it should be shoved under the carpet and hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I don't, i cant see anything wrong here with what people of both sides are saying, just because you dont like what you see, doesn't mean it should be shoved under the carpet and hidden.
    I also agree with this!.... I think the pont now though is we seem to be going round in ever decreasing circles

I was thinking the same myself.

I'm not necessarily looking to add to the discussion, and I'm not sure if it belongs on the main board, but I don't think it merits being closed more than any other thread.

@hibs.net private member
    I guess it's because they keep saying the same things over and over again.
    Anyway, I won't be opening it again, which I guess is the sensible solution