hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not too bothered if I’m honest, just desperate to see Liverpool win another major trophy. Maybe would have felt differently if the league had not been so close, there was really nothing between us. Also very satisfying the amount of other countries champions we beat on the way to winning it.
    Fair enough.

I reckon the fact Liverpool have not been he champions of England for 30 odd years now is a monkey they need off their back asap.

Im sure the Berlin Wall was still standing last time Liverpool won the league
    Last edited by Since90+2; 16-06-2019 at 09:21 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Fair enough.

I reckon the fact Liverpool have not been he champions of England for 30 odd years now is a monkey they need off their back asap.

Im sure the Berlin Wall was still standing last time Liverpool won the league
    The Champions League wasn't even a thing, the last time Liverpool won the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The Champions League wasn't even a thing, the last time Liverpool won the league.
    Although I don't support an English team I don't currently mind Liverpool , Klopp is a class act and Liverpool's style of play is fantastic to watch. Prefer them to Man Utd anyway

The fact that they have not won the league for so long though is a failure of that football club and I dont think they can be seen as a success until they do.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    No but the European cup was 😂

A Manure fan laughing at Liverpool 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Exactly. You can win the Champions League finishing 4th in your domestic league. Spurs almost won it FFS.
    You can win the Scottish cup being a part time 4th tier side,can't be very prestigious.

Th Berlin Wall wasn't even bulit yet the last time Hibs won the league

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Th Berlin Wall wasn't even bulit yet the last time Hibs won the league
    I know but we're not trying to claim that we're one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I know but we're not trying to claim that we're one of the biggest clubs in the world.
    Neither are Liverpool, they don’t have to claim it, it is already fact and has been for years, Probably before you were born 😂

Neither are Liverpool, they don’t have to claim it, it is already fact and has been for years, Probably before you were born ��
    You are correct. Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world undoubtedly.

Their failure to win the league for almost 3 decades though is a disgrace for a club that size and I don't think the club will be seen as successful until they do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    A chance to watch the likes of Salah, Mane, Robertson and Alexander Arnold strut their stuff on our home soil? Yes please. Don't know why some people are so against this.
    Because these great players won't be trying that hard as its a pre season friendly and there is nothing at stake and they may not be even playing or at best get a half each.

Nor will the brilliance and athleticism of these players be on show as there is an unwritten rule in any friendly game between the players of both sides that you don't tackle hard and you don't play at full pace.

The managers are only concerned with building up fitness and trying out different shapes so will join in the charade by substituting half the team after 60 minutes and just like every other friendly the game dies and peters out after around 75 minutes.

None of this is reasons for not going as you get to say you watched two of the worlds most well known teams in front of 70,000 people in a happy friendly atmosphere in a top class venue.

Lets not try to pretend its proper football though as its not.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    You are correct. Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world undoubtedly.

Their failure to win the league for almost 3 decades though is a disgrace for a club that size and I don't think the club will be seen as successful until they do.
    😂 That is a stance taken by those who are jealous of Liverpool’s previous successes and seek to belittle them by any yard stick they can. It’s not one shared by the club and their supporters who rightly still proclaim Liverpool as a massive club in English and European football. The word disgrace in terms of success on the pitch can never be levelled against Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Because these great players won't be trying that hard as its a pre season friendly and there is nothing at stake and they may not be even playing or at best get a half each.

Nor will the brilliance and athleticism of these players be on show as there is an unwritten rule in any friendly game between the players of both sides that you don't tackle hard and you don't play at full pace.

The managers are only concerned with building up fitness and trying out different shapes so will join in the charade by substituting half the team after 60 minutes and just like every other friendly the game dies and peters out after around 75 minutes.

None of this is reasons for not going as you get to say you watched two of the worlds most well known teams in front of 70,000 people in a happy friendly atmosphere in a top class venue.

Lets not try to pretend its proper football though as its not.
    The footballers on display will still show more than what we normally watch in the SPL at allegedly 100%. It’s proper football all right just on a different level that you recognise.

The footballers on display will still show more than what we normally watch in the SPL at allegedly 100%. It’s proper football all right just on a different level that you recognise.
    Its a friendly match so it can't possibly be a proper football match.

Proper football involves fan rivalry, it requires controversy, it requires a nasty edge on the pitch, it requires passion, it requires people caring about the result, it requires dissent, it requires getitrightfknupye.

This is not a competitive game of football as nothing is at stake. There is no win bonus, there is no goal scoring bonus for the strikers, nothing goes into the player pool bonus and every single player is under strict instructions not to over tackle.

No one remembers the score and no one really cares who wins or loses other than the diehard fans and even then I doubt it.

Ask yourself this when either team scores how will the players celebrate compared to a EPL or Serie A goal.

The won't give a flying fck.

I am assuming you are a Liverpool fan in which case name me a memorable Liverpool friendly win that you cant get out of your mind and let's see if anyone has heard of it.

It is still a very well worth occasion if this is your thing and enjoy saying "you were there" but the pretence that this is some huge competitive showdown between the Champion League winners and Series A's finest is frankly laughable.

Proper football involves fan rivalry, it requires controversy, it requires a nasty edge on the pitch, it requires passion, it requires people caring about the result, it requires dissent, it requires getitrightfknupye.

This is not a competitive game of football as nothing is at stake. There is no win bonus, there is no goal scoring bonus for the strikers, nothing goes into the player pool bonus and every single player is under strict instructions not to over tackle.

No one remembers the score and no one really cares who wins or loses other than the diehard fans and even then I doubt it.

Ask yourself this when either team scores how will the players celebrate compared to a EPL or Serie A goal.

I am assuming you are a Liverpool fan in which case name me a memorable Liverpool friendly win that you cant get out of your mind and let's see if anyone has heard of it.

It is still a very well worth occasion if this is your thing and enjoy saying "you were there" but the pretence that this is some huge competitive showdown between the Champion League winners and Series A's finest is frankly laughable.
    This has never been billed a as a showdown and quite frankly the only laughable thing is your pathetic attempt to belittle what is a friendly and has only ever been a friendly along with the many friendliest that are played every pre season. Do me a favour and **** off with your pish made up descriptions of a pre season friendly game. If you have no interest then fine, leave it to those that do and stop trying to belittle it you sad *******.

For an unimportant game you are certainly getting pretty worked up about it! Chill out and get a life!

This has never been billed a as a showdown and quite frankly the only laughable thing is your pathetic attempt to belittle what is a friendly and has only ever been a friendly along with the many friendliest that are played every pre season. Do me a favour and **** off with your pish made up descriptions of a pre season friendly game. If you have no interest then fine, leave it to those that do and stop trying to belittle it you sad *******.
    If I can try to unpick your wee rage then I think you are saying in between your little temper tantrum that this game as you say yourself is just a friendly friendly and is only ever meant to be a friendly that ranks alongsige the many other friendliest friendly that every team plays when it plays a pre sesson friendly.

Now had you been a little bit more knowledgeable and had a bit more savvy about you then you would have comeback with what would have been quite a clever ratort about what happened last year pre season between exactly the same two teams.

Wee mind working is it......lol.

Liverpool 5 v Napoli 0 in Dublin. Lovely summer night, full house, some classy goals and an all round excellent football evening for those that like this sort of occasion.

Unfortunately you let your rage take over and proved my point utterly and completely as you didn't know this game had taken place or if you did it had completely disappeared from your mind as it was a game that ultimately meant nothing.

Now run along as you are completely out of your depth though by all means have another strop and I promise not to respond. 😂.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    😂 That is a stance taken by those who are jealous of Liverpool’s previous successes and seek to belittle them by any yard stick they can. It’s not one shared by the club and their supporters who rightly still proclaim Liverpool as a massive club in English and European football. The word disgrace in terms of success on the pitch can never be levelled against Liverpool.
    I can think of a time it was off it though. 5 years with no European football for any English side is testimony to that. Conquering that part of Europe doesn’t get much commemorating these days.

If I can try to unpick your wee rage then I think you are saying in between your little temper tantrum that this game as you say yourself is just a friendly friendly and is only ever meant to be a friendly that ranks alongsige the many other friendliest friendly that every team plays when it plays a pre sesson friendly.

Now had you been a little bit more knowledgeable and had a bit more savvy about you then you would have comeback with what would have been quite a clever ratort about what happened last year pre season between exactly the same two teams.

Wee mind working is it......lol.

Liverpool 5 v Napoli 0 in Dublin. Lovely summer night, full house, some classy goals and an all round excellent football evening for those that like this sort of occasion.

Unfortunately you let your rage take over and proved my point utterly and completely as you didn't know this game had taken place or if you did it had completely disappeared from your mind as it was a game that ultimately meant nothing.

Now run along as you are completely out of your depth though by all means have another strop and I promise not to respond. 😂.
    Out of my depth 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Away and try to belittle someone as clueless as yourself, your mock intelligence is wasted on me.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 17-06-2019 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I can think of a time it was off it though. 5 years with no European football for any English side is testimony to that. Conquering that part of Europe doesn’t get much commemorating these days.
    And nor should it be commemorated , that’s why I said on the pitch as I was well aware that issue would be raised.

Patronising.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Patronising.
    I didn’t mean it to sound so, in the context of the discussion I was just making a point.

Does anyone just actually watch football anymore? Always has to be some agenda against just enjoying a match on here.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Does anyone just actually watch football anymore? Always has to be some agenda against just enjoying a match on here.
    If watch even a second of football not involving Hibs, live or on TV, I throw chilli powder in my eyes and carry out a 4 day self flagellation process.

It's been a tough few days after I accidentally walked by my local park and saw a few kids having a kick about.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    If watch even a second of football not involving Hibs, live or on TV, I throw chilli powder in my eyes and carry out a 4 day self flagellation process.

It's been a tough few days after I accidentally walked by my local park and saw a few kids having a kick about.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Why are Scottish peoples “English teams” always the likes of Manchester United or Liverpool? Rarely hear of anyone following unfashionable clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Why are Scottish peoples “English teams” always the likes of Manchester United or Liverpool? Rarely hear of anyone following unfashionable clubs.
    This. You very rarely saw Man City mentioned before their recent success. Always find it odd that Hibs fans go down the glory hunting route when most will dislike old Firm fans for that very reason. Also Hibs fans calling the likes of Liverpool and City 'we' is just weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I guess the answer lies in your second last word. Choosing a "second team" is rarely going to be about the same reasons you support your first team. So of course most people (kids) are going to choose the popular clubs, they's generally better to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    This. You very rarely saw Man City mentioned before their recent success. Always find it odd that Hibs fans go down the glory hunting route when most will dislike old Firm fans for that very reason. Also Hibs fans calling the likes of Liverpool and City 'we' is just weird to me.
    I agree with your last sentence. But then I also find it weird Hibs fans referring to Hibs as 'we,' unless they actually have an active role in the club. Maybe controversial...

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    I guess the answer lies in your second last word. Choosing a "second team" is rarely going to be about the same reasons you support your first team. So of course most people (kids) are going to choose the popular clubs, they's generally better to watch.

I agree with your last sentence. But then I also find it weird Hibs fans referring to Hibs as 'we,' unless they actually have an active role in the club. Maybe controversial...
    Most football fans would call the club you support as we surely? You support a team your whole life it becomes a part of you. Not quite the same as watching and English fantasy league team on tv. I find it weird that you would find it weird (or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Most football fans would call the club you support as we surely? You support a team your whole life it becomes a part of you. Not quite the same as watching and English fantasy league team on tv. I find it weird that you would find it weird (or something like that).
    See, I knew it would be controversial!

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    See, I knew it would be controversial!
    Nah its just weird