hibs.net Messageboard

Page 145 of 558 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,350 of 16724
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What other club tries this our top players are injured or bug is widespread in the squad pathetic really
    Dundee United, oddly enough, just before our last cup replay 😏

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    Does anyone seriously believe Boyce was due to miss tonight?

What he's got is a severe case of the De Vries virus (first discovered by Levein) which has him most definitely 100% out of every single must win game only to make a miraculous recovery for each and every one of them 5 minutes before kick off.
    The same was said before the Hamilton game, that him and Maldini hadnt trained and defo’ our. Both started.

Left by mutual consent!
    Boyce looks as slow as a week in the proverbial.

I wouldn't swap any of our front men for that carthorse no danger.

Testimonial Due
    Two good things about the postponement : ST Mirren get to rest and Hearts are rock bottom for another week.

Hopefully, a third one tonight; the gap is 20 points.

A Hamilton win today would fairly ratchet the pressure onto hearts for whenever they play the rearranged game with st mirren

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankhfc View Post
    Boyce looks as slow as a week in the proverbial.

I wouldn't swap any of our front men for that carthorse no danger.
    Now not scored in over 7 hours of football.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Now not scored in over 7 hours of football.
    6k per week well spent

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    6k per week well spent
    Certainly from a Hibs standpoint.

The Derby is now a must win for them - not saying we won’t attack and try and win but they simply have to win games to move away from the bottom of table.

A draw suits us better than them but also a missed opportunity for us to deny them points and make up for the farce of the last Hecky home derby.

After we play them it will be 10 games left. Hopefully Hamilton win today so the gap is 4 points then pressure increases even more.

Can see a quite open game which I think will suit us.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    The Derby is now a must win for them - not saying we won’t attack and try and win but they simply have to win games to move away from the bottom of table.

A draw suits us better than them but also a missed opportunity for us to deny them points and make up for the farce of the last Hecky home derby.

After we play them it will be 10 games left. Hopefully Hamilton win today so the gap is 4 points then pressure increases even more.

A draw doesn’t suit us in the slightest. We’re chasing a European place and need to win. We’re playing the team bottom of the league, at home, and should win.

Them being further adrift with less games to go will be a nice bonus, but it’s the least important thing about the game from our point of view.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Watching the highlights of the Hamilton game last night, there high line was unbelievable

Can see Boyle and McNulty getting success there if we can get Allan on the ball

Hamilton boy was pretty unlucky to be sent off too

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

A Draw would be massiy dissapointing forget that its hearts we want three points from any teams at the bottom of the league member the further up the league the more money for the club and possible Euro spot

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Two good things about the postponement : ST Mirren get to rest and Hearts are rock bottom for another week.

Hopefully, a third one tonight; the gap is 20 points.
    I think you mean four points to Hamilton.

The gap between us and them is amusing but hardly relevant to either Hibs chasing Europe or Hearts seeking to reach the possible safety of the relegation play off spot.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Anyone know when St Mirren v Hearts game is (likely) to be replayed? I am guessing not this weekend with a water logged pitch

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Causewayside PR View Post
    Anyone know when St Mirren v Hearts game is (likely) to be replayed? I am guessing not this weekend with a water logged pitch
    Earliest possible midweek game would be between 7th-14th March

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    If Hearts or St Mirren draw their cup tie replays would be played that midweek.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    If Hearts or St Mirren draw their cup tie replays would be played that midweek.
    At the same time, if Rangers progress bast Braga then the next round of the EL will be played that midweek.

Just begs the question, what was that winter break all about as it’s going to be a massive fixture pile-up from now until the split.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Was said on Sportsound that midweek has to be kept free in case the cup game goes to a replay so I imagine they'll wait and see if it does before rescheduling the game v Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I didn’t realise Robinson’s tenure was so quick and so disastrous.
    Robinson and Deans took over in 1994.

Another milestone moment yesterday for the deluded of Tinycastle. A few weeks ago their conviction that St.Endall would have them racing up the league to challenge for Europe evaporated.

Their next delusional target was to make the top 6 and in the process over take us. Yesterday that delusion was shattered as our points total now makes it impossible for them to make the top 6 and as a consequence we cannot be caught by them before the split. I'll mourn the passing of the 4th derby even though the 3rd has not yet been played

Their next delusional target is making 10th place yet Ross County's win and St.Midden's gd appear to make even this simple task appear a mountain rather than a mole hill to climb.

As the often are wont to say over on Keekback...we live in "pleasing" times.
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 23-02-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Another milestone moment yesterday for the deluded of Tinycastle. A few weeks ago their conviction that St.Endall would have them racing up the league to challenge for Europe evaporated.

Their next delusional target was to make the top 6 and in the process over take us. Yesterday that delusion was shattered as our points total now makes it impossible for them to make the top 6 and as a consequence we can be caught by them before the split. I'll mourn the passing of the 4th derby even though the 3rd has not yet been played

Their next delusional target is making 10th place yet Ross County's win and St.Midden's gd appear to make even this simple task appear a mountain rather than a mole hill to climb.

We've not officially secured a top six spot yet (though defeats for Killie and St J today would put us in a strong position) so there could yet be a fourth derby. But yes, the breezy claims after beating the huns that they would finish above us now look absurd.

On another tack it's interesting to note that Berra seems to be getting rave reviews at Dundee. Kicking him out could prove to have been an error of judgement by Stendel.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    We've not officially secured a top six spot yet (though defeats for Killie and St J today would put us in a strong position) so there could yet be a fourth derby. But yes, the breezy claims after beating the huns that they would finish above us now look absurd.

On another tack it's interesting to note that Berra seems to be getting rave reviews at Dundee. Kicking him out could prove to have been an error of judgement by Stendel.
    Dundee v Hearts in a playoff possibly ??

Berra wouldn’t play surely ???

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post

Their next delusional target was to make the top 6 and in the process over take us. Yesterday that delusion was shattered as our points total now makes it impossible for them to make the top 6 and as a consequence we can be caught by them before the split. I'll mourn the passing of the 4th derby even though the 3rd has not yet been played

We live in "pleasing" times.

As their spending continues to rise and the megastand's completion date disappears even further over the horizon the level of their post Romanov aspirations is frequently and rapidly downward.

We'll soon see them congratulating each other on achieving 11th place or swiftly celebrating the chance to get Desperate Dan a winning run going in the Championship before settling for a play off party and the return of Craig Levein.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Dundee v Hearts in a playoff possibly ??

Berra wouldn’t play surely ???
    Is he not signed permanently for Dundee?

Edit: just checked; he’s on loan.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Maybe not in the contract as in different leagues, currently.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Qqa

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post

Kickick Berra out was indeed an error of judgement by Stendel, Berra was there top goal scorrer with three at the time, ok it was three own goals but it is the yams your talking about

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    Kickick Berra out was indeed an error of judgement by Stendel, Berra was there top goal scorrer with three at the time, ok it was three own goals but it is the yams your talking about
    I also note Jordon Forster scored the winner for Dundee yesterday. I'd all but forgotten about him but used to like him as a player for us. Not a bad Championship defence with him and Berra as part of it.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    A thread on KB about HoF/ Sporting Director is almost wholly critical of Dr Mrs. Also debating whether the job will go to Levein or McPhee. Reality is slowly setting in. One poster said the decision was being put off as the role would be a luxury they could not afford in the Champioship.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    A thread on KB about HoF/ Sporting Director is almost wholly critical of Dr Mrs. Also debating whether the job will go to Levein or McPhee. Reality is slowly setting in. One poster said the decision was being put off as the role would be a luxury they could not afford in the Champioship.
    I believe they are head hunting a Sporting Director of PT Directors of Football...