hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 484 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty sure his preferred formation is 4-4-2 but do wonder if he might go 4-2-3-1
    We don’t play two upfront

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Do you know that for a fact ? I also thought it was 1 year with another 1 year option. I was hoping he'd leave in the summer and his wages freed up.
    Every newspaper piece at the time of the transfer in August stated it was a 2 year contract as did the official Hibs release.
    A few folk on here have said it was a year with a years option but i have never seen this anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by joe_hfc View Post
    He said it in an interview before the celtic game when a journalist asked about Gray and other players whos contracts were expiring
    He never said that was the only money he had to play with. He said it was the only way he could free further money up which is different. That’s the way in interpreted it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Ridiculous we have no pre contracts signed other than Scott Allan.

Other clubs are doing much more.

(Just thought I would say it before someone else)
    You only sign pre-contracts with players coming out of contract...and they a very small part of the overall market.

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    Brandon Barker is out of contract at the end of the season. In Agepong's first interview he said he spoke to Brandon about the club and that he would love to come back at some point. Hope its soon
    To be honest I would hope Man City see value in allowing Thomas another season with us given his spell with us has been injury ravaged.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    To be honest I would hope Man City see value in allowing Thomas another season with us given his spell with us has been injury ravaged.

No thank you. Take nothing away, Agyepong does look a good wee player but is far too injury prone.

Would rather have Brandon Barker back or someone else. Someone mentioned on here that PH is interested in Ryan Hedges from Barnsley.
    Last edited by hfc rd; 22-04-2019 at 04:21 PM.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Every newspaper piece at the time of the transfer in August stated it was a 2 year contract as did the official Hibs release.
    A few folk on here have said it was a year with a years option but i have never seen this anywhere else.
    Cheers I probably read the 1 year bit on here.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    I don't think we can risk another year of Agyepong unless he's coming for free (which might not be beyond possibility as they'll struggle to get him another loan after his injuries the last two seasons). That's if he's even kept on by City for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Why does anyone see any sense in taking him another year? We need someone who can play more than a handful of games all season

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Why does anyone see any sense in taking him another year? We need someone who can play more than a handful of games all season
    Totally agree. He's been injured most of the past 3 seasons, little to suggest that will change any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post

I think it was suggested that that Milligan had the option to cancel the deal after the 1st year.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Totally agree. He's been injured most of the past 3 seasons, little to suggest that will change any time soon.

He might be a nice gy but we can't carry passengers all season nowadays, his injury record is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Dylan on a season long loan is the chat from a ST holding mate with board connections at the stadium of shight.

Dylan doesn’t want to drop wages but isn’t getting enough game time, is the reason given.
    Yes please.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Fishy, BBC, SKY and Hootsmon all reported Milligan as being a two year deal. None said 1 year +1 option

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9097

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Fishy, BBC, SKY and Hootsmon all reported Milligan as being a two year deal. None said 1 year +1 option

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9097
    I was under the assumption it was a 2 year deal with an option from either side to cancel after a year if they've felt it hasn't worked out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I was under the assumption it was a 2 year deal with an option from either side to cancel after a year if they've felt it hasn't worked out.
    Yeah me too. We can take the extra year if required which on his reported high salary I would be enclined to decline. We should also take a took The Oz national team schedule too before making a decision.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Yeah me too. We can take the extra year if required which on his reported high salary I would be enclined to decline. We should also take a took The Oz national team schedule too before making a decision.
    I think he's been great since Australia, would happly keep him for the extra year.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I think he's been great since Australia, would happly keep him for the extra year.
    I would say better than he was but I feel we could do better. He’s not the worst mind you and came on to a game. Also cover for CH.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I would say better than he was but I feel we could do better. He’s not the worst mind you and came on to a game. Also cover for CH.
    Agree with that though agree he played well at centre in recent games. Thought he was pretty average on Sunday for example.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think Milligan is the kind of guy to offer a lot more than just on the pitch. I think he is a great senior role model for the younger players and Heckingbottom likes these kind of players around the team, maybe that's why he's ahead of the likes of Slivka and Bartley (not doubting that Bartley is not that type of character too btw) but I think Hecky would let Bartley go before Milligan.

What’s this with Mcgeouch being rumoured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I see that The Rangers have signed Hastie on a pre contract from Motherwell. They seem to be going down the cheap route, weakening competition along the way. Jones, Kamara and Hastie are all players I would have in this Hibs team but I expect they will be on wages a lot higher than we would pay. I believe we could get similar quality players, if not better, if the recruitment is on point for a lot less

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I see that The Rangers have signed Hastie on a pre contract from Motherwell. They seem to be going down the cheap route, weakening competition along the way. Jones, Kamara and Hastie are all players I would have in this Hibs team but I expect they will be on wages a lot higher than we would pay. I believe we could get similar quality players, if not better, if the recruitment is on point for a lot less
    They are signing decent SPL players in the hope of recouping some sell-on fees I think but these signing are not of the quality that is going to challenge Celtic. This will become a problem for the Sevco half-heids in the stands......

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    If Petrie loosened the purse strings for once instead of focusing on the SFA job and filling his own pockets we’d be much better off.

Of course then we’d just have to deal with his Hun puppet that calls herself a “CEO” worrying about installing CCTV just to catch some people throwing smoke bombs and flares (which only increases atmosphere btw) instead of actually spending money on players.

Another season of piss poor loan players like Omeonga and Mcnulty await us.
    Are you for real

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    Are you for real
    I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest he was taking the piss.

First Team Breakthrough
    Saul Goodman you are either a jambo or insane RP does not take money out of the club and LD is the best thing to happen to Hibs in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    Saul Goodman you are either a jambo or insane RP does not take money out of the club and LD is the best thing to happen to Hibs in a long time
    I think he's at the wind up

Left by mutual consent!
    Hastie is going to have a suberb future in the game, Kamara is a class player and Jones gives them something different. Three very good signings.

@hibs.net private member
    Hastie is going to have a suberb future in the game, Kamara is a class player and Jones gives them something different. Three very good signings.
    Maybe at Scottish level but not if they want to challenge Celtic.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    To play most teams in this league yes. To challenge Celtic and progress in Europe? No.