hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Newell

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrahib View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think football fans of all clubs have found Hibs.net and are having a good laugh at a lot of the posters on hers.
    Probably laughing at us because it is a fans forum for HIBS fans but you are not allowed to have an opinion that criticises any HIBS player

I would suggest that fans of other clubs that want a good belly ache can do worse than visit the ramblings on Keekback.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Probably laughing at us because it is a fans forum for HIBS fans but you are not allowed to have an opinion that criticises any HIBS player

I would suggest that fans of other clubs that want a good belly ache can do worse than visit the ramblings on Keekback.

Please stop.

You are ‘allowed’ any opinion you like but should be prepared for it to be challenged if you can’t back it up. If you are not prepared to have your opinion challenged then maybe a discussion forum is a bit much for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Please stop.

You are ‘allowed’ any opinion you like but should be prepared for it to be challenged if you can’t back it up. If you are not prepared to have your opinion challenged then maybe a discussion forum is a bit much for you.
    I am happy with my opinion and I am sticking to it please retrace this thread and look at my many posts in defence of this opinion it is well documented

I’ve watched every preseason game on Hibs TV, I can’t see Newell making an impact at us. He’s struggled to make any sort of impact against part time players. Guys that graft for a living and train 1-2 a week. Just can’t see him coping against the Aberdeen’s and Old Firm.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    I’ve watched every preseason game on Hibs TV, I can’t see Newell making an impact at us. He’s struggled to make any sort of impact against part time players. Guys that graft for a living and train 1-2 a week. Just can’t see him coping against the Aberdeen’s and Old Firm.
    I think he will be fine.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    4 pages about a boy who has been at the club for about two minutes.
    Couldn't agree more the boy is just in the door. Time to give him a break.

Knowing how much young players are into social media etc, it wouldn't surprise me if players looked at forums. Imagine what this guy must be thinking if he has cast his eye on this thread.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barman Stanton View Post
    Knowing how much young players are into social media etc, it wouldn't surprise me if players looked at forums. Imagine what this guy must be thinking if he has cast his eye on this thread.
    I’m hoping he either agrees with the initial assessment of him and knows he has to work harder or ignores it completely in the know how that it takes him a good part of pre-season to get up to speed coupled with a move of house and environment to get used to too.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    I’m hoping he either agrees with the initial assessment of him and knows he has to work harder or ignores it completely in the know how that it takes him a good part of pre-season to get up to speed coupled with a move of house and environment to get used to too.
    I hope he has been advised to not go near any social media

All players a different though. Some thrive on criticism, others go into their shell. You just know that people are going to get on this guys back quickly at games if he doesn't perform. There was a good interview with that other famous Joe, Tortolano recently. There was times when he didn't want to enter the pitch due to the abuse he got. I never think it helps. Not saying you shout abuse by the way. But this type of thread certainly gets people into the frame of mind that the guy is s***.

Left by mutual consent!
    I hope he has been advised to not go near any social media

All players a different though. Some thrive on criticism, others go into their shell. You just know that people are going to get on this guys back quickly at games if he doesn't perform. There was a good interview with that other famous Joe, Tortolano recently. There was times when he didn't want to enter the pitch due to the abuse he got. I never think it helps. Not saying you shout abuse by the way. But this type of thread certainly gets people into the frame of mind that the guy is s***.
    True. The advantage these days though is players at Newells age grew up through social media (msn messenger baby) and will know to ignore what they read online (I hope).

I think the lad will come good, he’s got a good pedigree and played at a good level last season - I actually think he’s meriting the most frustration because he was possibly the second most exciting we’ve made.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    True. The advantage these days though is players at Newells age grew up through social media (msn messenger baby) and will know to ignore what they read online (I hope).

I think the lad will come good, he’s got a good pedigree and played at a good level last season - I actually think he’s meriting the most frustration because he was possibly the second most exciting we’ve made.
    Yeah fingers crossed he does well. Well over 100 games in the Championship would suggest there is a player there.

Testimonial Due
    The players will have warned him about Hibs net. An ex colleague who ages with the players and friends with the Edinburgh players told me Hibs net is a source of fun amusement for them.

Testimonial Due
    Yeah fingers crossed he does well. Well over 100 games in the Championship would suggest there is a player there.
    PH said somewhere he needs to become more consistent. Sure the run of games is to build up his experience of the game in Scotland.

Didn't someone on here say Newell was blowing everyone away at HTC?

Quote Originally Posted by thegaffer12 View Post
    Didn't someone on here say Newell was blowing everyone away at HTC?
    Was that not Moon?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Was that not Moon?
    Nah I'm sure it was before Moon was here. My memory isn't what it used to be though😅

Just a reminder what he can do.

Newell isn't a Boyle with loads of pace.

He's not Barker either with loads of dribbling tricks.

He's more the creative player who can thread a ball through.

The challenge is to find a role that get's the best out of him.

Hecky said after Pars friendly...

“He can make things happen in the final third and we will keep pushing him to make that happen”
    “We want him to play will real energy in his game."

“We want players like that in our side and that’s why I signed him.”

So it seems Hecky know's he may be lazy and he will have to turn this around if he is to be a success here.

Let's at least give him a few more weeks to settle

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Very few people use forums nowdays, doubt most of the youth players even know what they are. Twitter etc, fair enough.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Very few people use forums nowdays, doubt most of the youth players even know what they are. Twitter etc, fair enough.
    If people know that they risk to be talked about on the internet, then they know where to look. Whether they choose to do so is a different story.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny View Post
    As a Peterborough fan, this reaction is something I feared after his signing was announced. A decent player on his day, but that day didn't come around very often for us. People were very surprised that he made the step up so well at Rotherham.

The comments about body language stuck out for me - Peterborough fans are very similar to Hibs fans in their expectations for a player (looking like you give a toss is high up on the list!) and despite him coming through the youth ranks, the fans never really took to him at all. I mentioned on a Posh forum straight after he'd signed that I hope he's grown a pair of bollocks or he'll get mauled at Tynecastle... if the Hibs fans don't get there first!
    Neighbours a big posh fan so mentioned it this morning. He said the boy's definitely got ability, wasn't upset when he left but if he applies himself he could really kick on.

Time needed I guess.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post

Just a reminder what he can do.

Newell isn't a Boyle with loads of pace.

He's not Barker either with loads of dribbling tricks.

He's more the creative player who can thread a ball through.

The challenge is to find a role that get's the best out of him.

Hecky said after Pars friendly...

“He can make things happen in the final third and we will keep pushing him to make that happen”
    “We want him to play will real energy in his game."

“We want players like that in our side and that’s why I signed him.”

So it seems Hecky know's he may be lazy and he will have to turn this around if he is to be a success here.

Let's at least give him a few more weeks to settle
    Well I suppose that depends if he actually is a winger? I always thought wingers were fast, he must be an exception to the rule, he doesn't seem to have much pace. So far.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Well I suppose that depends if he actually is a winger? I always thought wingers were fast, he must be an exception to the rule, he doesn't seem to have much pace. So far.
    John Robertson a good example of a great winger with little pace.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Please can you point out where you have been told you're not allowed an opinion that criticises a Hibs player?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Please can you point out where you have been told you're not allowed an opinion that criticises a Hibs player?
    Told by a poster #95 that my posts are gash because he did not agree with my opinion even although he did not attend said game

I of course respect his opinion he is perfectly entitled to it

I have now said on a few posts now that I am happy to be proved wrong and indeed I hope that is the case time will tell

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    Hopefully he hasn't discovered hibs.net yet.
    The players read this forum, they have a right old laugh at some of the folk who cannot find it within themselves to say anything positive despite posting multiple times on multiple threads. Experts in all things Hibs. Time for some folk to have a word and get behind the team, we are barely in to July ffs, cut the boys a bit of slack.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Told by a poster #95 that my posts are gash because he did not agree with my opinion even although he did not attend said game

I have now said on a few posts now that I am happy to be proved wrong and indeed I hope that is the case time will tell

GGTTH
    To be fair he was spot on in his description of your posts.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

GGTTH
    I don't care if you're proved wrong or right, just stop typing Hibs in capital letters and I'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    To be fair he was spot on in his description of your posts.

Promising Youngster
    Hecky knows best. The man with the plan.

"Joe Joe Super Joe"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    He's an attacking midfielder, not a winger. He plays wide but he comes inside often. Think a young Liam Craig or Barry Robson.