hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar

Heckingbottom took a week off...

Was talking to a youth player recently and he told me that during the international break Heckingbottom was no where to be seen for a week. Although it seems like the wrong time, this may have been arranged well before the abysmal performance of late or since the start of the season for that matter.

What struck with me is that, seemingly the players were more relaxed and enjoyed the training during his week long sabbatical.

I'm not judging him as it may have been a family matter but if it was only for pleasure, you would have thought he would have been around to try and put things right.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I watched Steve Sidwell and Jon Walters on Liquid Football last week which you can find on Youtube. They talk about how players and managers go on holiday's during the international break, apparently it's a regular occurrence. Sidwell mentioned that players understood managers reasons for getting away due to being away from family for long periods of time etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched Steve Sidwell and Jon Walters on Liquid Football last week which you can find on Youtube. They talk about how players and managers go on holiday's during the international break, apparently it's a regular occurrence. Sidwell mentioned that players understood managers reasons for getting away due to being away from family for long periods of time etc.
    I get that, I really do, but I wonder how many cancel their holiday if the team is in crisis.

Plus the part about how relaxed the players felt and enjoyed the training more was also a concern for me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    I get that, I really do, but I wonder how many cancel their holiday if the team is in crisis.

Plus the part about how relaxed the players felt and enjoyed the training more was also a concern for me.
    Considering we are only a couple of months into the new campaign I think it would be a strange idea to take a week away with nearly every member of the squad being home. I was in hospitality for the St Johnstone game and Kamberi said he was looking forward to having a break.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Considering we are only a couple of months into the new campaign I think it would be a strange idea to take a week away with nearly every member of the squad being home. I was in hospitality for the St Johnstone game and Kamberi said he was looking forward to having a break.
    Hecky said that the players had the weekend off. I don't have a problem with that.

Was talking to a youth player recently and he told me that during the international break Heckingbottom was no where to be seen for a week. Although it seems like the wrong time, this may have been arranged well before the abysmal performance of late or since the start of the season for that matter.

What struck with me is that, seemingly the players were more relaxed and enjoyed the training during his week long sabbatical.

I'm not judging him as it may have been a family matter but if it was only for pleasure, you would have thought he would have been around to try and put things right.
    He can take the rest of his life off from managing Hibs as far as I'm concerned.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Hecky said that the players had the weekend off. I don't have a problem with that.
    Yeah no issues if that's the case

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    He can take the rest of his life off from managing Hibs as far as I'm concerned.

I should be looking forward to the game on Sunday but it feels like a chore due to the manner in how we are playing (I can take defeats but it's the manner of them) and it's all due to having a hopeless guy in the dugout.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    I've never been so underwhelmed going into a Derby ..I just cannot get myself up for it.

You Ken what your going to get , garbage drivel uninspiring boring football with very few chances.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    I've never been so underwhelmed going into a Derby ..I just cannot get myself up for it.

You Ken what your going to get , garbage drivel uninspiring boring football with very few chances.
    I feel much more confident going into this derby than I did during the **** years of 2010-12 when we were beaten before the game even started. At least they're as **** as we are.

First Team Breakthrough biotech's Avatar
    Would it make any difference? He doesn’t have the slightest idea how fix this slump!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

He had the weekend off not the week, players were also off that weekend as well.

Yes you are.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    He had the weekend off not the week, players were also off that weekend as well.
    I wonder why said player lied.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Just me that's still buzzing for Sunday then?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Well I thought it was the done thing in the run up to a derby?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Just shows you, anything posted on the internet becomes fact quite quickly.

Player wouldn't have lied about something like that, IMO of course, which begs another question.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    No. I'm forever optimistic when it comes to Hibs. It hurts a lot at times though.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

Player wouldn't have lied about something like that, IMO of course, which begs another question.

Exactly.

Coaching Staff
    To be fair though, I think most workplaces feel a bit more relaxed when the possibly demanding, boss is away on holiday.

I know when I worked my staff felt like that, and I felt less pressure when some of my bosses were away.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Nope I was at every game during the 2 long unbeaten runs they hadin the 80s and 90s. This isn’t even close to how it was back then. We’re favourites to win and they’re *****.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Man and players take time off, and .net go into meltdown

It’s a long hard season, need a few days here and there

"Employee on Annual Leave Shocker"

Can see the headlines now.

That clearly showed on Saturday.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

Same could be said for the other rumours about Murray and Porteous as well. Funny how when people want rid of the manager they also hear negative stories about him as well.

Reminds me of Lennon having a jolly in France when he took the Hibs job

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Just a week?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Same could be said for the other rumours about Murray and Porteous as well. Funny how when people want rid of the manager they also hear negative stories about him as well.
    What were those ones?