hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: SCOTTISH CUP FLASHBACK | HIBERNIAN 1-0 HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN (2012)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    One of my favourite results, ensuring that Hearts' time as champions was short-lived and getting a bit of pride back after the cup final a few months earlier.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

In much the same way as when Scotland beat England at Wembley in 1967 made the national team “unofficial” world champions, being the team to knock out the Jambos as they tried to defend their tainted victory at the first attempt, made us the “unofficial” Scottish Cup holders up to the final in 2013.

Thankfully, the 2012 & 2013 disappointments were well and truly buried but a short 3 years later.

Ended up on the sky sports advert for football in 2013 celebrating the goal in this game. What a night it was. All hope was lost when Griffiths stayed down injured (remember the cheer from the away end like they had scored a goal).

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of my favourite results, ensuring that Hearts' time as champions was short-lived and getting a bit of pride back after the cup final a few months earlier.
    Me too - was the first derby win my son witnessed in person, and he'd been inconsolable on, eh, the last occasion we'd played them in the cup so I was as delighted for him as anything else.

Had a right good bevvy after it tae (me that is, no ma 8 year old boy)...

Passed my driving test the day after this game, too. What a couple of days that was.