hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Lightbulb

Re James Collins... are the same folk who're defending Kamberi at the moment and saying his poor form is purely because of 'lack of service' not going to do the same for Collins? He seems to score elsewhere.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Re James Collins... are the same folk who're defending Kamberi at the moment and saying his poor form is purely because of 'lack of service' not going to do the same for Collins? He seems to score elsewhere.
    Kamberi isn't missing sitters, is younger, faster, more talented, higher potential, actually done well for us.

Look at Kamberis goal vs Celtic at Parkhead. Collins couldn't do that on FIFA never mind real life.

Collins scored 6 goals in 40 games, Kamberi has 9 this season already.

No comparison.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Kamberi isn't missing sitters, is younger, faster, more talented, higher potential, actually done well for us.

Look at Kamberis goal vs Celtic at Parkhead. Collins couldn't do that on FIFA never mind real life.

Collins scored 6 goals in 40 games, Kamberi has 9 this season already.

No comparison.
    Collins was actually younger than Kamberi (marginally) when he signed for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    No, he was actually just a solid player. Good pro who had a solid career.
    My main memory of him was getting ripped apart in the Scottish Cup final.

Other than that I think he played nearly every game the season we got relegated. Very solid

Collins sitter at Easter road will haunt me till my dying days. Almost scored a screamer right at the end of that game too

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    My main memory of him was getting ripped apart in the Scottish Cup final.

Other than that I think he played nearly every game the season we got relegated. Very solid
    Everyone got ripped apart that day. Sauzee and co got ripped apart in 2001.

Many other good players played most games that season. Craig, Williams, Robertson, Stevenson, Hanlon. It was much more management to blame. Fenlon had them 5th.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Kamberi can shoot. Collins couldn't. Kamberi has his faults but he is 20 times the player JC was.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He’s scored goals elsewhere because the level of football he’s been playing at is lower than up here. Stick Kamberi in at league one/two and he’d bang them in as well.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Everyone got ripped apart that day. Sauzee and co got ripped apart in 2001.

Many other good players played most games that season. Craig, Williams, Robertson, Stevenson, Hanlon. It was much more management to blame. Fenlon had them 5th.
    It didn’t help our cause Latapy getting himself sacked the night before

We held our own but the game changed when they brought on Jackie MacNamara Jnr who ripped us apart scoring their first goal after 38 mins after that there was only going to be one winner

IIRC I don’t think Sauzee looked fully fit that day either

99 years and counting ��
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 10-01-2019 at 08:15 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

We held our own but the game changed when they brought on Jackie MacNamara Jnr who ripped us apart scoring their first goal after 38 mins after that there was only going to be one winner

101 years and counting 😁
    Was carried off at Ibrox the week before or so before the Final, 4-0 defeat. To be fair this Hibs team was on a downward spiral well before the final

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

99 years and counting ��
    Sauzee had a broken foot bone.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Langlee Hibs View Post
    For all the rankness being talked about I still think Duffy's mob were worse!
    Who would win a 2 legged playoff between Duffys Duffers and Butchers Balloons? One things for sure it wouldn't be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Who would win a 2 legged playoff between Duffys Duffers and Butchers Balloons? One things for sure it wouldn't be pretty.
    It's Butcher's Mince!

Coco's Clowns were pretty awful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Was carried off at Ibrox the week before or so before the Final, 4-0 defeat. To be fair this Hibs team was on a downward spiral well before the final
    Latapy broke team curfew by going out drinking with Dwight Yorke and was effectively dismissed by Alex McLeish as he was caught drink driving causing him to miss the last Derby of the season and the 2001 Scottish Cup Final which we lost 0-3 to goals from McNamara and Larsson two( one pen)

We were up against it but held our own until the 38 th minute when the influential McNamara fired in the opener after that there was always only going to be one winner
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 10-01-2019 at 08:38 PM.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    That's my only memory of him.

Fans were negative to him because he stole a living from us for a year. The various people who allowed the move to happen probably have a case to answer as well mind you.
    I remember reading Butcher saying that when he came in with Marsella, as a club we used Wikipedia as part of our recruitiment. We were an absolute shambles until Dempster came in so it’s no surprise when we signed players ready for the scrap heap like TUdor Jones.

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I remember reading Butcher saying that when he came in with Marsella, as a club we used Wikipedia as part of our recruitiment. .
    Surely not? That’s a damning indictment if ever there was one. You mean to tell me that I could’ve gotten myself signed by Hibs if I’d bothered to make myself a Wikipedia page that looked decent? I blame Petrie, just ‘cos

OTJ interviews Rowan Vine.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...=1000430274367

Didn’t see a thread on this. Guy sounds like a complete nutter. Good background in Butcher and Malpas and an incident at Ross County that led to Vine never playing for Hibs again.

Also claims he told Petrie that Butcher had lost the dressing room in the January and Petrie didn’t believe him.

Talks of faction splits in the team and a dry boaking incident with Collins

Hibs stuff is a bout 40 mins in.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

99 years and counting ��
    Latapy wasn't sacked the night before the final was a few weeks before when he got done for drink driving with his mate Dwight just before a Derby.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Sauzee had a broken foot bone.
    Pretty sure it was a hamstring injury 6 days before the final at Ibrox. Personally don't think he should have played at Ibrox given his importance to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Latapy wasn't sacked the night before the final was a few weeks before when he got done for drink driving with his mate Dwight just before a Derby.
    👍🏾
    Getting my Friday nights mixed up

It was almost 20 years ago

😁👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

Please see my post dated 10/1/19 😁
    10.35pm
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 20-07-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Just before the cup final v Celtic I think it was.

@hibs.net private member
    Rowan Vine. One on the least effective players I’ve seen in my 37 years watching Hibs.

Not a scintilla of positive influence on the team or club.

Butcher didn’t make friends in the dressing room, we all know that, but Vine lost any ability he was supposed to have the minute he walked across the threshold at ER.

Some of these spoilt laddies, moving straight out of school and boys clubs and into the world of professional football, wouldn’t know real responsibility if it punched them square in the pus. The entitlement is pathetic.

Displacing the blame onto others is a losers method.
    Last edited by judas; 20-07-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I think I'll pass on listening to that.
    I could not take it after the Duff Gray thread made spine chill an got me really angry again. The Philippines police are very unforgiving.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    TudorJones was absolutely brutal. Straight into my worst Hibs XI. More interested in golf than football. Disgraced the shirt. Vine wasn't much better. The only positive about watching crap players like them is it makes the good times all the sweeter.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Testimonial Due

99 years and counting ��
    Sauzee not over injury from Ibrox and Latapy sacked for being on the piss.

Don't think our form was good at all going in to that final. Needed to be firing all cylinders against that excellent Celtic team. They were so powerful all over the park. They'd have given Rodgers treble treble winners the run around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    TudorJones was absolutely brutal. Straight into my worst Hibs XI. More interested in golf than football. Disgraced the shirt. Vine wasn't much better. The only positive about watching crap players like them is it makes the good times all the sweeter.
    Don't really blame OTJ. Hibs signed him when he was finished as a player but didn't see it. Sure OTJ admitted he was surprised at the Hibs move happening as he was done but couldn't refuse the money on offer.

Alan Maybury a solid player for hibs 😂 he was absolutely dreadful. Between him and tim Clancy for 2 of the slowest footballers I've ever seen

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Alan Maybury a solid player for hibs 😂 he was absolutely dreadful. Between him and tim Clancy for 2 of the slowest footballers I've ever seen
    Maybury was far from dreadful for us. He played 50 games (started 46) and did what was asked of him. He was a good, committed pro in a squad carrying too many passengers.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Maybury was far from dreadful for us. He played 50 games (started 46) and did what was asked of him. He was a good, committed pro in a squad carrying too many passengers.
    Maybury was guff. It shows the level the club and team had fallen to that he was considered a good committed pro’.