hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other half just watched his interview and first impression is “he looks a bit like Dane Bowers”.
    I'm still hopeful he can take us to another level.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Other half just watched his interview and first impression is “he looks a bit like Dane Bowers”.
    One of the first interviews i watched of Dane Bowers was with Katie Price.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    I'm still hopeful he can take us to another level.
    Reminds me of the late great Scottish manager Tommy Docherty
    Late 1960s.....
    ...The month following his departure from Chelsea, Docherty became manager of Rotherham United.
    He said of his year there: "I promised I would take Rotherham out of the Second Division – and I took them into the Third.
    The old chairman said ....'Doc, you’re a man of your word!

Has McAllister been confirmed as assistant ? Lee doesn’t want to be alone no more!

@hibs.net private member
    Congratulations Lee and welcome to the Hibees

Give us a streak of victories v the Yams and your star will rise

My read of this appointment is that LJ is here to oversee the turnaround of players and that he showed to RG that he has a wide knowledge of available players to suit his style of play. Bearing in mind that RG and mini-me have no knowledge of players themselves, they will be relying heavily on LJ's contacts in the English game.

Maybe the other short-listed candidates did not demonstrate the same level of availability of players knowledge.

I am excited on seeing what players LJ will bring in over the summer and how much money RG will back him with.

Will Hibs hit the ground running? I do hope so.

Nisbet and Doidge both quality strikers who'll be here next year. If he plays 442, or something with 2 up front, we need a striker. Maybe 2. But it's midfield and wide areas that are the problem.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Nisbet and Doidge both quality strikers who'll be here next year. If he plays 442, or something with 2 up front, we need a striker. Maybe 2. But it's midfield and wide areas that are the problem.
    Not fussed about seeing Doidge here next season but could certainly see LJ bringing Nisbet’s performance levels up. Ross Stewart’s developed well under LJ into one of the best strikers in the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by buktapurple79 View Post
    Massively underwhelmed by this appointment but obviously wish him all the best despite the Yam connection.

Welcome to our club Lee, may you have a long and happy stay with us.

@hibs.net private member cameronw-hfc's Avatar
    Read in an interview his ideal formation is a 433 with a 6, 8 and 10 as the 3. Sounds very Pep/total football influenced

Quote Originally Posted by cameronw-hfc View Post
    Read in an interview his ideal formation is a 433 with a 6, 8 and 10 as the 3. Sounds very Pep/total football influenced
    Taken from the Northern Echo
    Northern Echo
    Northern Echo

'WHATEVER league Sunderland are playing in next season, Lee Johnson has revealed he will be recruiting players this summer to fit into the 4-3-3 formation he fielded at Hull City last night.

Johnson has chopped and changed systems on a number of occasions since taking over in December, but most of the tinkering has been a response to the injury issues that have blighted the Black Cats in the second half of the season.

Ideally, Johnson wants his side to line up as they did at the KCOM Stadium, with a flat back four, a relatively narrow central midfield, and two wide attackers flanking a central striker'

@hibs.net private member
    Exactly how I posted yesterday I’d be hoping we set up.

Fingers crossed.

@hibs.net private member
    Welcome Lee.

I think this is a good appointment and fit for Hibs.

He is young and yet, experienced.

He’s had a pretty steady management performance given his age.

He likes attacking football.

Anyone holding his 4 games for Hearts against Hibs, surely has an IQ in the region of 80?!

Read in an interview his ideal formation is a 433 with a 6, 8 and 10 as the 3
    Can you explain this?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Can you explain this?
    6 is pretty much defensive midfielder who can also play. 8 is more box to box with 10 a more attacking midfielder obviously these three roles can interchange and be flexible.

Can you explain this?
    In old money a 6 is more of a holding midfielder/deep lying playmaker someone to take the ball of the CH's and 8 is your old box to box and your No 10 is just that an attacking midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    6 is pretty much defensive midfielder who can also play. 8 is more box to box with 10 a more attacking midfielder obviously these three roles can interchange and be flexible.
    It’s this as ‘the three’ expression that confused me, I usually hear “the ‘3” to mean the front 3. I was thinking he liked playing a front 3 comprised of midfielders for a minute

It’s this as ‘the three’ expression that confused me, I usually here the ‘3’ to me the front 3. I was thinking he liked playing a front 3 comprised of midfielders for a minute
    His front 3 in the game before the article I read was published was

Jordan Jones one the left
    Lynden Gooch on the right
    Charlie Wyke through the middle

I think we need at least 5 maybe 6 players if we lose certain players who will start,

Marshall
    Cadden
    Porteous if he stays
    Hanlon
    new left back
    Clarke if he stays
    new midfielder
    McGennis if he stays fit.
    new midfielder
    Doig
    New centre forward.

Subs from Dabrowski, Stevenson, McGinn, Campbell Newell, JDH, Mitchell Henderson, Melkerson Nisbet and Jasper.

Macey will probably go, along with Rocky Drey Wright Scott Allan and James Scott. Not sure about Doidge.

If we are to play a more high tempo game( where have i heard that before) then we need players who can play that way, and i look at that bench and think very few if any can.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It will be interesting to see how he fits our best players into this system
    Both Cadden/Clarke are best high up the park, as is Doig. Don’t think either are traditional full backs

As it stands we don’t have a right or left winger in our squad, a stack of midfielders. Is Magennis the attaching midfielder, as he has goals in him!

Looking forward to see how it all pans out

Porteous, and probably Doig, will be gone over the summer and Daz is no longer available as a back up and Rocky hopefully has a return ticket. We need a complete back unit brought in to bolster Cads, Lewy and Hanlon.

Midfield we missed Magennis too much as there is no back up for him so get someone in for that role

Small minded/insular interview to begin with....'can't wait to play against Hearts'. Eh?
    Ron has said numerous times he wants us playing like Atletico Madrid and Sevilla so was this really a 'pitch' that Johnson made in his interview.

Wish these guys would just get on with their jobs effectively and try to turn this debacle of a club around, instead of making sound bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Small minded/insular interview to begin with....'can't wait to play against Hearts'. Eh?
    Ron has said numerous times he wants us playing like Atletico Madrid and Sevilla so was this really a 'pitch' that Johnson made in his interview.

Wish these guys would just get on with their jobs effectively and try to turn this debacle of a club around, instead of making sound bites.
    I thought the point he made about the derbies was a decent one?

Derbies are pretty big occasions and due to circumstance he hasn't really experienced them much yet as a manager. He's looking forward to taking us into derbies as it will be a fairly new experience for him.

Not particularly small minded to me, sounded like a genuine reason to be excited.

Maybe we grow to undervalue them a bit, since they come round so often?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Can’t wait to experience some of our biggest games? Well **** me that is an insular view.

A bizarre way to interpret a comment about a big derby.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

Shock you’re moaning. You watched his whole interview and that’s your only takeaway, some run-of-mill sound bite about looking forward to the derby matches.

@hibs.net private member

When did Ron say he wanted us playing like Athletico or Seville ? Apologies if I missed his comments

Found it, cant find where he says he wants hibs to play like them

Hibs owner Ron Gordon has revealed he looks to a Spanish model as a potential pathway to success for the Leith club.

Gordon, who took charge at Easter Road two years ago, believes the environments created at Atletico Madrid and Sevilla can be transported to Edinburgh.

The American chief reckons Jack Ross' men can look to La Liga for inspiration as the Hibees look to build and compete at the top of the Premiership table.

Speaking on a fan podcast, Gordon laid out his vision for Hibernian and what clubs he looks to and admires.

"I think two clubs in Spain stand out to me - Sevilla and Atletico Madrid," Gordon said on the Strong Opinion Hibs Podcast.

"There's a sense at Sevilla they're a club that always delivers and is particularly good at building youth programmes and in the Europa League is probably one of the most successful clubs in the last 10-15 years

"It has a culture and an environment we want to emulate and is one of the things I put in the strategic plan for Hibs - hopefully we do that.

"We're a players' club and want to nurture our players and create an environment for them to be as successful as possible.

"Clubs like Sevilla do that - they bring young players and develop them.

"It knows it can't compete with Barcelona and Real Madrid at a different level, but it competes and delivers. It's a successful club.

"Atletico Madrid I like because it's a gritty club.

"It doesn't matter who they play, you know you're in a match with them.

"I think sometimes at Hibs I'd like for us to show that a little bit - it is a game and they're going to give you a game.

"I'd like for us to have that aspirational thing where you play Hibs and you know you're in a game."

Gordon also paid tribute to former owner Sir Tom Farmer and ex-chariman/chief executive Rod Petrie for their advice since he took over the reins at Hibs.

The Peru-born businessman believes he has a responsibility as a guardian of the club and feels things are "headed in the right direction".

Gordon added: "I'm very grateful because I think both Rod (Petrie) and Tom Farmer were very particular as to whom they would pass the baton on to.

"I am very grateful and feel very blessed that they actually found in me somebody who was going to be a good steward of the club.

"I think to some degree I feel that was their final responsibility as trustees of the club so I'm very honoured they saw in me somebody who could carry this forward."

He continued: "My hope is that I'm going to work hard to make it the best club that it can possibly be.

"I think we're on that path, it's only been two-and-a-bit years, but I think the club is headed in the right direction.

"We've had some bumps on the road, it's never going to be easy, but generally speak I think the club is in a much better place.

"We've had many more good days than bad days so it's been a very good and exciting ride.

"We're building and there's still progress to be made - which is good."
    Last edited by Bridge hibs; 21-05-2022 at 09:54 AM.

I might be wrong here, but i do think he will be able to get on with the job, and say a few words to the press at the same time, well i hope he can do a couple of things in tandem.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

He hasnt said that numerous times so if you are going to have a pop at him at least get your facts correct

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974

Having a mare today

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Why do you hate hibs ?
    Are you actually a Hibs fan?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn