hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    Quote Originally Posted by munchar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All about opinions, but I couldn’t care if players have left under a cloud. If they’re quality, & available, it’s a no brainier for me.

Efe, McGeouch, McNulty.
    All PROVEN premier league players, & better than what we have. Should be looking at permanent deals for all 3.
    If Griffiths is available on loan, another no brainer.
    Although I could be greedy & want another 4/5 in, think they could be realistic, improve the squad, & strengthen again at end of season, when it’s easier to move other players on.
    A thread called ‘realistic January signings’ would not include those in bold above IMO.

Will be interesting to see who our recruitment team have in line for Ross to assess and whether Ross has any players in mind of his own.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    His impact was fantastic without McGinn in his first season. He would still be fantastic without McGinn.
    Mcgeoch is similar in style to Mallan, so you would have the same problem of lack of a ball winner in midfield if you played either alongside Scott Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Mcgeoch is similar in style to Mallan, so you would have the same problem of lack of a ball winner in midfield if you played either alongside Scott Allan.
    This.

If McGeouch comes back, would he work in a midfield with Allan and Hallberg? I'd say we still need that defensive player..
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Why do it seem that folk are always desperate to go back and re sign players? It works sometimes but more often than not it doesn’t.

I think Naismith would make a good DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    A thread called ‘realistic January signings’ would not include those in bold above IMO.

Will be interesting to see who our recruitment team have in line for Ross to assess and whether Ross has any players in mind of his own.
    Efe- free agent.
    Dylan- Not in favour, final 6 months of contract.
    McNulty- Only on loan, not getting game time, parent club don’t want him.
    Griffiths- Probably the least realistic, but not getting much game time, Celtic might see him getting up to speed at us, & also maybe helping tame points of Rangers.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This.

If McGeouch comes back, would he work in a midfield with Allan and Hallberg? I'd say we still need that defensive player..
    Wouldn't work in midfield but would certainly keep the physios extremely busy.

You might have the lack of a ball winner, but a midfield with McGeouch in it would lose the ball significantly less often than a midfield with Mallan in it.

That loss of possession is far less expensive in the "Scott Allan" position, but it is costly for us deeper. McGeouch would be an improvement - head, shoulders, night and day and then the rest - on Stevie Mallan in a deeper position.

Mcgeouch is only similar to Mallan in that they are both footballers. Otherwise they are totally different. Mcgeouch is so much better and his best role is totally different.

They done just fine in 2018 when him and Allan played together. And 2014/15. They would again.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Efe- free agent.
    Dylan- Not in favour, final 6 months of contract.
    McNulty- Only on loan, not getting game time, parent club don’t want him.
    Griffiths- Probably the least realistic, but not getting much game time, Celtic might see him getting up to speed at us, & also maybe helping tame points of Rangers.
    Efe not kicked a ball in over a year

McNulty wasn’t that great last time

Dylan, injury prone, hopefully we could get a decent run out of him

Griffiths, can’t see it ever happening

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This.

I think we need a footballer like McGeough rather than the big physical type. Most of the time at least. With the exception of the obvious games, we have the ball more often than not. We need someone deep who can get the ball moving forward quicker to the likes of Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Efe not kicked a ball in over a year

McNulty wasn’t that great last time

Dylan, injury prone, hopefully we could get a decent run out of him

Griffiths, can’t see it ever happening
    Efe would still be our best defender.
    McNulty was good when he was here. Wouldn’t have got in Scotland team if he wasn’t.
    Dylan got over his injuries & had a great season with us, & also got in Scotland squad.
    Griffiths is more hopeful a loan signing, but also a no brainier if available.

All in my opinion though.

Mcgeouch is only similar to Mallan in that they are both footballers. Otherwise they are totally different. Mcgeouch is so much better and his best role is totally different.

They done just fine in 2018 when him and Allan played together. And 2014/15. They would again.
    You say that Mcgeoch is “so much better “. Mallan has scored 10 times as many goals and seven times as many assists as Mcgeoch. So would suggest that Mallan deserves a bit more respect than you are giving him.

You say that Mcgeoch is “so much better “. Mallan has scored 10 times as many goals and seven times as many assists as Mcgeoch. So would suggest that Mallan deserves a bit more respect than you are giving him.
    Comparing two different types of players. Mallan could be compared (unfavourably imo) with Allan maybe.
    McGeogh is a DM but not a tough tackling stopper type, more a QB type. Although he is a decent ball winner as well his strength is taking the ball from defence and playing it forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark Oxley scored more goals for Hibs than Jim Leighton but I know which player I'd want between the sticks.

Its an insult to mcgeouch for mallan to be mentioned in the same breath as him.

All about opinions, but I couldn’t care if players have left under a cloud. If they’re quality, & available, it’s a no brainier for me.

Efe, McGeouch, McNulty.
    All PROVEN premier league players, & better than what we have. Should be looking at permanent deals for all 3.
    If Griffiths is available on loan, another no brainer.
    Although I could be greedy & want another 4/5 in, think they could be realistic, improve the squad, & strengthen again at end of season, when it’s easier to move other players on.
    McNulty realistic on a permanent?
    Lets think about that.

He still has 2.5 years left on his Reading contract at £10k a week.
    That is £1.25 million.

Hibs would pay circa £3k a week which over 2.5 years is £375k

So you expect him to chuck almost a million quid in the water for the joy of playing for Hibs?

Reading might offer him say £375k to piss off but that still leaves McNulty half a million quid down.
    No chance of a permanent.

Additionally if Sunderland are paying his wages for the season Reading will be keeping him there whether Sunderland want him now or not. So no loan to Hibs either.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Mark Oxley scored more goals for Hibs than Jim Leighton but I know which player I'd want between the sticks.
    Are you sure?
    Jim is really old now and Mark is still playing for Southend.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    McNulty realistic on a permanent?
    Lets think about that.

He still has 2.5 years left on his Reading contract at £10k a week.
    That is £1.25 million.

Hibs would pay circa £3k a week which over 2.5 years is £375k

So you expect him to chuck almost a million quid in the water for the joy of playing for Hibs?

Reading might offer him say £375k to piss off but that still leaves McNulty half a million quid down.
    No chance of a permanent.

Additionally if Sunderland are paying his wages for the season Reading will be keeping him there whether Sunderland want him now or not. So no loan to Hibs either.
    If loan move doesn’t work out for both parties, it will be cut short. Reading don’t want him. I’m sure they will subsidise his wages to get him out the club. Didn’t the same thing happen with Derek Riorden coming back to Hibs. Obviously McNulty will have to take some sort of financial hit, but nobody else will pay him that kind of money, and can’t see him being happy to sit tight for 2 1/2 years. Contracts can be made up of loyalty bonuses & yearly singing on fees etc.

If loan move doesn’t work out for both parties, it will be cut short. Reading don’t want him. I’m sure they will subsidise his wages to get him out the club. Didn’t the same thing happen with Derek Riorden coming back to Hibs. Obviously McNulty will have to take some sort of financial hit, but nobody else will pay him that kind of money, and can’t see him being happy to sit tight for 2 1/2 years. Contracts can be made up of loyalty bonuses & yearly singing on fees etc.
    All depends on the terms of the loan contract.
    Sunderland might be able to end it early but there will be penalty clauses to encourage them not to.
    Reading will keep loaning McNulty out to the club willing to pay the biggest part of his wages until such time as they can either sell him or his contract ends. McNulty will never get a contract like this again in his life so will sit tight.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    All depends on the terms of the loan contract.
    Sunderland might be able to end it early but there will be penalty clauses to encourage them not to.
    Reading will keep loaning McNulty out to the club willing to pay the biggest part of his wages until such time as they can either sell him or his contract ends. McNulty will never get a contract like this again in his life so will sit tight.
    Yip, agreed. Unless player & both clubs can work together, we wouldn’t be able to sign him permanently. If he’s that far out the picture though, it makes sense for all parties to work something out. Doesn’t do his club or his career any good floating about on loan long term.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    How many Scottish Cups has Mallan won compared to McGeouch?

Mcgeouch is absolutely miles better.

Mallan scores more goals than Xavi and Iniesta ever did. That doesn't matter either.

Mallan has a decent shot and a decent corner on him. He has decent long range passing. Dylan does everything else better. Much better.

Goals from midfield are great but they start to matter less when you give the ball away often, don't track runners, don't tackle, don't consistently play well etc. I'd rather have a top quality midfielder who controls the game rather than a decent one who scores the odd screamer.

I'm confused.com.

Thought this was the Winter Transfer Thread https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?...-thread/page22

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I'm confused.com.

Thought this was the Winter Transfer Thread https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?...-thread/page22
    This is the splinter group

Mcgeouch is absolutely miles better.

Mallan scores more goals than Xavi and Iniesta ever did. That doesn't matter either.

Mallan has a decent shot and a decent corner on him. He has decent long range passing. Dylan does everything else better. Much better.

Goals from midfield are great but they start to matter less when you give the ball away often, don't track runners, don't tackle, don't consistently play well etc. I'd rather have a top quality midfielder who controls the game rather than a decent one who scores the odd screamer.
    "Goals from midfield are great but they start to matter less when you give the ball away often"

Goals from anywhere matter, what a daft thing to say.
    Last edited by ekhibee; 04-01-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    I think Naismith would make a good DM.
    Thanks
    I've always wanted to say "wait what"

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I can't see the clamour for McNulty, had a fair start, fluffed a couple of sisters
    I wish I'd seen that.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I wish I'd seen that.
    Matron

No it implies the are very different players. Dylan is a far far better player than mallan.