hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What's your preferred outcome from the financial problems over at Yam land?

Voters
1526. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hertz do not exist anymore

746 48.89%
  • Hertz survive but play in a lower league

560 36.70%
  • Hertz survive and stay in SPL

49 3.21%
  • Don't care about them

171 11.21%
Page 599 of 1582 FirstFirst ... 994995495895975985996006016096496991099 ... LastLast
Results 17,941 to 17,970 of 47452
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also the Merrick Labour MP Ian Murray was in the bar I work in last week and was sat there discussing the plans for FOH from the snippets I heard. He was in with a bunch of older looking guys and women who looked like they needed a scrub down with wire wool in a radiation shower. He kept coming up to the bar and asking for a receipt so hopefully all those pints come out of the FOH money rather than MP expenses.

I clocked who he was as he is my MP and there was a group of regulars who are Hibs fans at the end of the bar and they were berating MP's for being '*****' and 'fannies' who lie all the time and Ian started to look down at them. I told them there was an MP in the bar and one of them asked who it was and I said "it's that arse that looks like an elephant with tumours" and they asked me about him. I told them about FOH and they started laughing about it and how diddy a politician he is. I told them about me pledging using fake names as well and we had a right good chuckle.

He got his coat on and was getting ready to leave when one of them approached him and said "Ian Murray of FOH?" and Ian replied with "Yes I am, I'm guessing you're a pledger?" and had a smile on his face. Oh the glory as his mug turned to downtrodden and pissed off when the customer told him I was a pledger and he came over to thank me and actually said "Your pledges are of great help to the club at this time and we all appreciate it" I asked him if he had received pledges from names such as Connie Lingus and Hugh G. Rection and told him I hoped Hearts rot in hell along with the kiddy fiddlers they have paid wages to. Not a peep as his mug looked like it was about to split in two and expose the fact that he wears an mask to keep his misshapen head in a relatively normal shape. He just turned and walked out.

**** him and **** FOH and **** Hearts. Absolute cretins the lot of them.
    Very harsh

I remember Ian from the time he worked at our local chippy in the nineties. He came across as mature beyond his years and was very self-confident, perhaps bordering on arrogant. I remember him being a lot slimmer too but weren't we all!
    In his defence, he was actually a good bloke. You could have a laugh with him and dealt with the usual chippie radges fairly well and he's obviously had elocution lessons in the time between then and his latest TV appearances.

Seeing the way he is now and remembering the way he was, I have to take my hat off. He was brought up in Clovenstone IIRC, was handed nothing and has worked hard to get to where he is unlike others in a similar position. He's still quite young and to get to this stage by that age, however you do it, is some achievement.

I'm not sure about the whole FoH thing though. It's a massive gamble in my opinion for an MP to do something like this in a two-team city. Like anyone who has the mindset to become accountable, I'm sure he has weighed up the pros and cons and decided on the course of action that will benefit his reputation. Sorry, I meant benefit his constituents!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    It's almost going to be more fun if they DO miraculously manage to raise it and stagger into next season.

It's a bit like watching somebody trying to play Monopoly with only twenty quid and The Old Kent Road and Whitechapel, sweating with a dice in their hand as they throw to get past a row of hostile hotels stacked up on Trafalgar Square, Coventry Street, Oxford Street, Mayfair, etc, while thinking: "if we can just get past them and collect 200 quid for passing go, all will be barry."

They somehow manage this.

Then somebody slaps a hand on their shoulder and says: "it's your throw again, mate."
    priceless Bob. sums it up brilliantly.no community card either!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Very harsh

I remember Ian from the time he worked at our local chippy in the nineties. He came across as mature beyond his years and was very self-confident, perhaps bordering on arrogant. I remember him being a lot slimmer too but weren't we all!
    In his defence, he was actually a good bloke. You could have a laugh with him and dealt with the usual chippie radges fairly well and he's obviously had elocution lessons in the time between then and his latest TV appearances.

Seeing the way he is now and remembering the way he was, I have to take my hat off. He was brought up in Clovenstone IIRC, was handed nothing and has worked hard to get to where he is unlike others in a similar position. He's still quite young and to get to this stage by that age, however you do it, is some achievement.

I'm not sure about the whole FoH thing though. It's a massive gamble in my opinion for an MP to do something like this in a two-team city. Like anyone who has the mindset to become accountable, I'm sure he has weighed up the pros and cons and decided on the course of action that will benefit his reputation. Sorry, I meant benefit his constituents!
    Not doubting he worked hard to get to where he is, I just don't think he is the right man for Edinburgh South, he'd be more suited to Edinburgh West or another constituency. What is wrong with me wondering why my MP is struggling to deal with matters in my area but then is off helping out matters in another constituency of which he has next to no chance of salvaging. He was elected to benefit the people of Edinburgh South and he is not really doing much in that respect.

Not doubting he worked hard to get to where he is, I just don't think he is the right man for Edinburgh South, he'd be more suited to Edinburgh West or another constituency. What is wrong with me wondering why my MP is struggling to deal with matters in my area but then is off helping out matters in another constituency of which he has next to no chance of salvaging. He was elected to benefit the people of Edinburgh South and he is not really doing much in that respect.
    I was meaning that there is an element of self-interest in whatever they do. Murray would probably run for Leith if he could and would keep his trap shut about hearts if he was an MP for that area. FoH would be the last thing on his mind. It's all about pandering to the masses and Edinburgh South? Probably worth the gamble.

Don't get me wrong, If he was my MP in a "neutral" area like that he would be getting clobbered!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I was meaning that there is an element of self-interest in whatever they do. Murray would probably run for Leith if he could and would keep his trap shut about hearts if he was an MP for that area. FoH would be the last thing on his mind. It's all about pandering to the masses and Edinburgh South? Probably worth the gamble.

Don't get me wrong, If he was my MP in a "neutral" area like that he would be getting clobbered!
    I guess certain areas can be classed as a Yam heartland in Edinburgh South so it probably is. However in a seat which is as tight as Edinburgh South and the Lib Dems hoovering up all the information they can on their opponents and release it slowly and comparing it to their work in the area and that is how they deal with the South. Will the gamble pay off? I hope not (more so because Labour are very poor in dealing with this area than Murray himself) and then Labour finally lose the seat.

Anyway, back to Hearts and the topic at hand. Die you *******s.

It might be worth FoH posting on here for funds, worked for Hibeernian!

I guess certain areas can be classed as a Yam heartland in Edinburgh South so it probably is. However in a seat which is as tight as Edinburgh South and the Lib Dems hoovering up all the information they can on their opponents and release it slowly and comparing it to their work in the area and that is how they deal with the South. Will the gamble pay off? I hope not (more so because Labour are very poor in dealing with this area than Murray himself) and then Labour finally lose the seat.

Anyway, back to Hearts and the topic at hand. Die you *******s.
    Agreed.

And FoH....here's my reply to your predicted attempts to turn my several pledges into actual funds:

:fenlon

@hibs.net private member tamsonsbairn's Avatar

Our mp Ian Murray

I wouldn't be surprised if he loses the seat of Edinburgh South in the next election, the SNP will push hard for the spare votes that may likely drop off from the Lib Dems and this will make Ian's job harder as it may open the constituency up to be a three horse race. Also the Labour vote may drop, which happened last time, which will close the gap between the Lib Dems and Labour. For what it's worth the Lib Dems candidate is very active in Edinburgh South whilst Ian Murray is more interested in an ongoing concern outwith his realm of power.

He is a fanny and I never voted for him and never will, he has not got the slightest idea of how to deal with his constituents. Running off to help a football club which is outwith his constituency should hopefully impact on him.

Edinburgh South is one of the most marginal seats in the whole of the UK and I hope that he won't get in next time round. If the Labour Party come canvassing round my house I'll be telling them to bolt because of Murray's poor media appearances, poor track record in the area, poor communication with constituents and generally for him being a deluded bumhole.
    My thoughts too, nobody been round my house with regards to the by election were having at the mo, would be told where to go as we'll.

this is all highly entertaining stuff, particularly for us poor unfortunates who find ourselves detatched from it outside of Scotland. Thanks heavens for Hibsnet, it's the only place I can get any decent reporting on what's really going on since the MSM seem as willfully oblivious to the story as the yamtards have been to the debt.

BTW - Mixu62 had a little Mixu62 Junior last month. He will now be able to say he was alive when the yams went bust!!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    "We've got some of the best youngsters in Scotland, if not the UK"

I can't believe I just read that quote, especially when mchatties name keeps popping up as one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    "We've got some of the best youngsters in Scotland, if not the UK"

I can't believe I just read that quote, especially when mchatties name keeps popping up as one of them.
    It's unbelievable. Even at the 11th hour, facing into the abyss they can't help coming out with "we are a big team, remember" line. It's so comical. Best youngsters I'm Britain? You finished 10th and your youth team finished almost as low in the u20 league!!!

And with SO many sub plots in the story that keeps on giving and giving and giving..... That world class youth set up is about to be sold for bids of £25k here and there or admin will release most of them!!!!!

Well worth the investment them yams!!

I would take walker, Paterson and holt. Even just to piss them off. Or even just bid £10k each for them, take or leave offer for 48 hours. Gets them off payroll and they get £30k to pay off another chunk (but not all) of the overdue tax bill!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Perry View Post
    Scotland Tonight! Wow, just wow. If Ian Murray and FOH are the answer, then I am one happy camper!
    Not wishing to open a political issue except to say that as a long standing Labour voter and union member I have felt the need to contact the party to question if Murray is defending this tax evading organisation in an official capacity. I also pointed out that there is potentialy a criminal case to answer and feel that it is unfair for a Labour party MP to be seen to be abusing his position to indirectly apply pressure to another sovereign state, and EU member, who appear to have been the victim of a fraud. And by Murray defending the benficiaries of the fraud the Labour party may be seen as complicit in the matter with potential repercussions at the ballot box.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    It might be worth FoH posting on here for funds, worked for Hibeernian!
    Ah but you see, Hibeernian are part of the Hibs family

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Perry View Post
    Scotland Tonight! Wow, just wow. If Ian Murray and FOH are the answer, then I am one happy camper!
    If they're the answer what the hell is the question!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    The Killer woke at dawn
    he put his boots on
    and he walked on down the hall...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Hail Sir Rod Superbly worded reply
    Ha ha, have a look at the comments below this morning's Scotsman article.

A hibby on the wind up points out that the first SEVEN letters of Rod's statement contain a subliminal message for the Yams:

"It's a concern......"

First Team Breakthrough Smiggy 7-0's Avatar
    Ian Murray MP

GTF

You've lost my vote next time

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar
    Keekback keeps offering comedy gold!..one melt at least offered a little bit of insight about the main stand dilemma....."the game when the ball put a hole in the roof was ' embarrassing"!!!
    Last edited by MSK; 14-06-2013 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Swear filter

Just turned on Forth 2, to be greeted by "Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts" (1986 Marshalls Chunky Chicken Champions Remix).

They are still advertising season tickets for next season, even after all that has been said over the last few days.

****** joke of a club.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon unit View Post
    Keekback keeps offering comedy gold!..one melt at least offered a little bit of insight about the main stand dilemma....."the game when the ball put a hole in the roof was' embarrassing"!!!
    Seen that one. also the debris hit a punter in the stand. Yet it gets a safety certificate.
    Last edited by MSK; 14-06-2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Quote edited

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon unit View Post
    Keekback keeps offering comedy gold!..one melt at least offered a little bit of insight about the main stand dilemma....."the game when the ball put a hole in the roof was ' embarrassing"!!!
    Apologies Ed!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Ah but you see, Hibeernian are part of the Hibs family
    You guys need as many opponents as you can find though!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think all the Liths have quietly slipped onto lifeboats, while Captain David Southern is sailing into uncharted waters on HM HOMFC? Fed's not been quoted for a few days and I think he's taken his last wage and ****ed off.

GGTTH

A bit off topic but it looks like the brickwork needs repointing, if they don't deal with this it could cause problems in the future.

Have the players been paid yet? :-)
    Cougars!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post

A bit off topic but it looks like the brickwork needs repointing, if they don't deal with this it could cause problems in the future.
    bit of a waste of time really like painting the steps made a good target for the bulldozers that disgusting badge would make a good target for one of these

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Have the players been paid yet? :-)
    big teams pay on the Monday efter the Sunday