hibs.net Messageboard

Page 149 of 558 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 16724
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t understand the Hearts fans theory that if they’d replaced Levein with Stendel sooner they would be in a better position and it’s all Budges fault for leaving it so long.

They have been worse since Stendel took over, leaving it so long is looking like it’s giving them a wee chance if saving their season.
    I was talking with a Hearts fan on Friday who is convinced that Stendel will keep them up and money will be available in the summer to overhaul their squad. He's normally quite sensible so I was too surprised to point out all the evidence to the contrary.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    What they conveniently forget though is that back then the top league consisted of 10 teams and there was no split like now.

They have to face up to the fact that after the next 6 games they are in a dog eat dog scrap to avoid the drop with the teams around them sharing 15pts each from the games after the split. Its why the new set up works so well.
    I would have thought that the lack of split made it harder to get points because they were playing the top teams too.

They got 18 points out of a possible 27. That's an amazing haul for a team at the bottom of the league.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 25-02-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I would have thought that the lack of split made it harder to get points because they were playing the top teams too.
    How many times have bottom 6 teams landed up with.more points than a top 6 team.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    How many times have bottom 6 teams landed up with.more points than a top 6 team.
    A few times. Why?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

They got 18 points out of a possible 27. That's an amazing haul for a team at the bottom of the league.
    Yeah but the split ensures that the teams around them in the bottom six must pick up points as they all play each other. It’s therefore much harder to catch the teams above you as they can’t all be losing.

I just can’t see hearts going down, even though they’re bottom and have been for quite some time.

The lack of criticism Stendel is getting from Hearts fans is quite bizarre, for as bad as Levein was I still think he would have gotten more points than Stendel has from the games he’s been in charge. Especially with having the January window too and signing Boyce.

There’s something really wrong down there.

Michael Smith
    Hickey
    Halkett
    Connor Washington
    Meshino
    Jamie Walker
    Naismith
    Boyce

They’re not bad players by any means but for some reason it’s not happening for them at all.

The big one that will make or break them is the game at Easter Road next Tuesday. Another defeat to us will see the fans in uproar and real pressure mount, a win could completely rejuvenate them and get the fans and players believing.

No matter where either of us are in the league I’m never confident playing them, let’s just hope we can batter them.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Yeah but the split ensures that the teams around them in the bottom six must pick up points as they all play each other. It’s therefore much harder to catch the teams above you as they can’t all be losing.
    Hearts had 9 games to go and were bottom of the league. They had to play every team in the league. That included playing the top 6 teams 6 times. (Or top 5, 5 times as it was a 10 team league.) They got 18 points only losing once.

They're currently bottom and have 10 to go. They only have to play top 6 teams 3 times. I don't understand how that's a harder task than they one had in 98/99.

I accept that could be me misunderstanding the possible bottom 6 calculations.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 25-02-2020 at 10:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    There are 10 games before the end of the season.

Almost anything is possible.

It’s in their own hands, I’ll give you that.

But if the fans are losing hope then it’s looking ominous for them.

Levein's derby wins bought him a lot of time which has probably played a big part in them ending up where they are now.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Levein's derby wins bought him a lot of time which has probably played a big part in them ending up where they are now.
    To be fair - albeit in my beer addled mind - they always seemed to use a win against us as a spring-board when things were going bad for them over the years. I see from BoakBack some are still pinning their hopes on looking forward to a Derby victory. Time will tell but that the one thing g that’s no on their side.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

County 10 points clear of Hearts now, will Hearts win 4 games more than them by the end of the season? Would be a hell of a turnaround if they did.

Even the 6 point gap to St Mirren looks big, with the potential to go to 9 with the game to be replayed.

The Derby is crucial, if they get a result, it just might get a reaction out of them, if we beat them, they might not recover.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Although bizarre, I reckon the farts fans realise that steaming into “Their Daniel” at this stage is a bit futile.
    The blood letting will come but perhaps only if he remains post relegation (should that happen) Potter, Nanny and Budge will bear the brunt.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    County 10 points clear of Hearts now, will Hearts win 4 games more than them by the end of the season? Would be a hell of a turnaround if they did.

Even the 6 point gap to St Mirren looks big, with the potential to go to 9 with the game to be replayed.

The Derby is crucial, if they get a result, it just might get a reaction out of them, if we beat them, they might not recover.
    The pressure is all on them. They don't look like a team that can handle pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I just can’t see hearts going down, even though they’re bottom and have been for quite some time.

The lack of criticism Stendel is getting from Hearts fans is quite bizarre, for as bad as Levein was I still think he would have gotten more points than Stendel has from the games he’s been in charge. Especially with having the January window too and signing Boyce.

There’s something really wrong down there.

Michael Smith
    Hickey
    Halkett
    Connor Washington
    Meshino
    Jamie Walker
    Naismith
    Boyce

They’re not bad players by any means but for some reason it’s not happening for them at all.

The big one that will make or break them is the game at Easter Road next Tuesday. Another defeat to us will see the fans in uproar and real pressure mount, a win could completely rejuvenate them and get the fans and players believing.

No matter where either of us are in the league I’m never confident playing them, let’s just hope we can batter them.
    100% this. I’m never confident facing them as wonder goals by them, goals not given for us plus their huge need to beat us always worries me. I’ll be sleeping in a completely different time zone on Tuesday so will only have to suffer clicking onto the result when I wake up. 🤞

Testimonial Due
    That was a great result for St Mirren last night and helps us loads as well. I reckon the best HMFC can hope for now is a play off position. Shaping up to be a comedy season. If only Dr Mrs Queen Ego Budge was having it recorded for a BBC show for posterity . . . . . . .

It's ok. Langer will drag them to safety.

😂😂

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I was talking with a Hearts fan on Friday who is convinced that Stendel will keep them up and money will be available in the summer to overhaul their squad. He's normally quite sensible so I was too surprised to point out all the evidence to the contrary.
    I don’t actually think he’s being that silly? I still think they’ll wriggle out of the swamp sadly, albeit they may have to win a playofff.

If they do survive of course Stendel will be given a wedge to spend, even if Hearts can’t afford it, after all, it’s never bothered them before!

There's a thread on kickback asking if relegation would actually be a good thing.

I was waiting for it

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    There's a thread on kickback asking if relegation would actually be a good thing.

I was waiting for it
    I'll say one thing. Relegation would certainly take away the fear of relegation

I was waiting for it
    I mean, I’d say it was for us, in the end? But, we as a club knew we were in a mess, brought in Dempster and sorted everything out, which put us on a trajectory to the cup win.

Could it be good for Hearts? Sure. Do they know they are in a mess and are actively planning solutions to that? That’s a different question...

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I'll say one thing. Relegation would certainly take away the fear of relegation
    They’re that pish that even relegation to the Champioship might not take away fear of relegation

Cause all of the points
    Are fading away
    Don't worry Your Daniel
    You'll win some day

But we'll beat you at home
    And we beat you away
    So stop crying Your Daniel..

All brings into sharp relief what a great job LD et al did in replacing Heckingbottom quickly and with someone who actually wanted to be here not with a booze hound that was initially more interested in diddling around with legal matters with his old club than signing on the dotted line and then got shown around the gaff by the person he was replacing 😂😂

I wasn't as thrilled as some with Jack Ross' appointment but I've been wrong before and will be wrong again I'm sure

I was waiting for it
    Would be a very good thing in my opinion.

I was waiting for it
    They talk about their relegation prio money days in the 70s

Can they not see the problem ?!
    Last edited by EdinMike; 26-02-2020 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    I don’t actually think he’s being that silly? I still think they’ll wriggle out of the swamp sadly, albeit they may have to win a playofff.

If they do survive of course Stendel will be given a wedge to spend, even if Hearts can’t afford it, after all, it’s never bothered them before!
    Play off against John Robertson's ICT. Second leg at Tynecastle. The irony of that would be delicious 🙂

Hearts had 9 games to go and were bottom of the league. They had to play every team in the league. That included playing the top 6 teams 6 times. (Or top 5, 5 times as it was a 10 team league.) They got 18 points only losing once.

They're currently bottom and have 10 to go. They only have to play top 6 teams 3 times. I don't understand how that's a harder task than they one had in 98/99.

I accept that could be me misunderstanding the possible bottom 6 calculations.
    I think the point is, although the fixtures for hearts were more difficult, they were also more difficult for everyone. So it was a very good run, but by putting that run together there was every chance the other sides could lose most of their games as they included games against the top sides.

With the split, games are easier for everyone, however the points are all shared, so it’s nearly impossible to make up 7/8 points on teams as they are all being shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Play off against John Robertson's ICT. Second leg at Tynecastle. The irony of that would be delicious 🙂
    It's a fair bet both maestros will be three sheets to the wind by full time. The Shane McGowan and Shaun Ryder of Scottish football management.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It's a fair bet both maestros will be three sheets to the wind by full time. The Shane McGowan and Shaun Ryder of Scottish football management.
    Brown paper bag being passed between the dugouts.

I suppose, if I was a Hertz fan, I can understand why I would be supportive of Daniel even if that means relegation.

For the past few years, as we all know, the Hertz have been extremely dull to watch. It's only when they played the kids (because they had too) that there's been any enjoyment for them. They need a massive clear-out of the overly physical, anti-football players and bring in players that are able to play Stendel's style of football. To make it work Stendel needs time even if that means a year in the Championship. Actually, the Championship might be a good thing for them as Stendel can build a team that would romp the Championship and get the fans back onside and in large numbers.

Whilst we would love to see them relegated, there's every chance that they will come back a much stronger team. That's what happened to us and it could be the same with them.