hibs.net Messageboard

Page 34 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 3436
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Boatman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You’ve just described a black cab 😁

J-C and Lord whats his name will be along in 3, 2, 1.......
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I don't know if you still get them in the UK, but those folks who sit at traffic lights with a dirty rag and a squeegee who aggressively offer to clean your windscreen. My car could be just out of the wash and these pricks will still be trying to run their hustle. What part of **** off don't they get?

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Folk that lean on their horn while having no idea what the reason the traffic isn't moving.

Tuesday in Perth I approached traffic lights at Barrack Street from the High Street, at the lights there are 3 lanes, 1 left and 2 straight ahead, but before the Police station there is a yellow box junction and before that only 2 lanes. I wan to go straight ahead before turning left further on so want to go into the middle lane (inside of the 2 ahead lanes) but it is full to the box junction so I wait, there is space in the outer lane, but the boy racer moron in the dropped Fiesta behind starts leaning on the horn because I won't go into the box to allow him to move forward into the outer lane. Then another horn starts until there were 3 or 4 different horns going. The lights changed so I waited until the traffic ahead starts to move by which time boy racer is full on satchmo with the horn.

The lights were red you total moron, nobody was going anywhere until they changed to green.

and relax
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Folk that lean on their horn while having no idea what the reason the traffic isn't moving.

Tuesday in Perth I approached traffic lights at Barrack Street from the High Street, at the lights there are 3 lanes, 1 left and 2 straight ahead, but before the Police station there is a yellow box junction and before that only 2 lanes. I wan to go straight ahead before turning left further on so want to go into the middle lane (inside of the 2 ahead lanes) but it is full to the box junction so I wait, there is space in the outer lane, but the boy racer moron in the dropped Fiesta behind starts leaning on the horn because I won't go into the box to allow him to move forward into the outer lane. Then another horn starts until there were 3 or 4 different horns going. The lights changed so I waited until the traffic ahead starts to move by which time boy racer is full on satchmo with the horn.

The lights were red you total moron, nobody was going anywhere until they changed to green.

and relax
    Why don't these clowns leave enough space so they can drive round you? I was told to always do this, somebody might stall, change their mind, break down or whatever and you can be on your way with minimal delay.

First Team Breakthrough
    Tyres and tarmac!

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    The junction on Lanark Road West where you can turn off to go to the Longstone Sainsbury’s. Going up Lanark Road West towards Balerno there’s two lanes. At the junction the right hand lane is turn right or straight on with the left lane straight on only. Normally the left lane would be best to be in to go straight on but there’s always cars parked in that lane. For that reason I wait the 5 extra seconds it takes to wait on someone turning right before I continue on. Some folk won’t know about the parked cars but I bet the majority of cretins prefer to save that 5 seconds and then have to force their way into my lane.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Drivers that don't understand merge in turns.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Drivers that don't understand merge in turns.
    Is that based on my peeve? If so, Lanark Road West is two separate lanes but due to cars parked in the left lane most of the way up it’s only of use to the busses to come in and out of at bus stops. The specific bit at the junction my post was talking about has no merge in, cars have to invariably do it because of the parked cars.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Not a peeve but a motoring joy

The van that ran the red light on Queensferry Road at quality street, I thought it was madness especially when that plain white BMW X5 followed you through. though to be fair just as he passed me he turned on his blues and twos..................... nailed by an unmarked

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Not a peeve but a motoring joy

The van that ran the red light on Queensferry Road at quality street, I thought it was madness especially when that plain white BMW X5 followed you through. though to be fair just as he passed me he turned on his blues and twos..................... nailed by an unmarked
    That’s peak motoring joy.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Taxi drivers (in Glasgow) I never saw one taxi stop at traffic lights without encroaching fully into the cycle space at the front over the last couple of days.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

When you have a two lane roundabout with three options, left, straight on or right.

You are in the right hand lane going right.

The car in the left hand lane is not indicating and presumably therefore going straight on.

The car in the left hand lane puts the foot down, takes up half the right hand lane on the roundabout and then moves back out and goes straight on. Luckily you anticipate it and hold back.

Why do people do this? Just go 2/3mph slower and you'll be able to stay in the correct lane without the risk of running folk off the road.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Taxi drivers (in Glasgow)
    You could have stopped at that. I've been working in Glasgow for about 3 years now and taxi drivers here are a different breed. They define entitlement.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    When you have a two lane roundabout with three options, left, straight on or right.

The car in the left hand lane is not indicating and presumably therefore going straight on.

The car in the left hand lane puts the foot down, takes up half the right hand lane on the roundabout and then moves back out and goes straight on. Luckily you anticipate it and hold back.

Why do people do this? Just go 2/3mph slower and you'll be able to stay in the correct lane without the risk of running folk off the road.
    Roundabout behaviour is probably my biggest driving peeve. It's not difficult yet folk get it wrong all the time. I'm amazed there aren't much more accidents on roundabouts.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

There’s a smallish roundabout near our house that we regularly turn right at, heading home, and this happens all the time. The drivers in the left hand lane seem to think they’re completely fine just taking a straight line across, and apparently it’s their right of way to cut cross the right hand lane the way they act, ********s. One day someone will be badly hurt when 2 cars collide at reasonable speed, all because of selfish driving.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    On the round about theme...
    On the Calder Road I used to see the odd accident/aftermath every once in a while ... Then a year or so ago they painted nice white lines to create lanes... Now I witness regular near misses and actual accidents on a depressingly regular basis..

It's almost like no markings made people think so tended to merge better, now folks whizz round in 'their' lane and the slightest mistake or bad timing by anybody equals a wee ding.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The absolute tit in an Audi, it's always an Audi, on Niddrie Mains Road earlier tonight who decided to lean on his horn and shout out his window at the drivers in front of him who were stopped because 2 ambulances were blocking the road whilst they worked on a guy who looked in a pretty bad way on the pavement.

He could see the ambulances, could see why cars were stopped. He just didn't care because he drives an Audi so he's very, very important.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The idiots who think just because you’re on a Vespa you don’t belong on the same road as them. Only fairly recently got a Vespa and already had far too many examples of folk overtaking, and particularly undertaking, when it’s clearly not safe to do so. I’m driving the same routes at the same speeds as I do in the car and it’s night and day the lack of respect scooters get.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    The idiots who think just because you’re on a Vespa you don’t belong on the same road as them. Only fairly recently got a Vespa and already had far too many examples of folk overtaking, and particularly undertaking, when it’s clearly not safe to do so. I’m driving the same routes at the same speeds as I do in the car and it’s night and day the lack of respect scooters get.
    Ha yeah that’s so true.

Some drivers (almost exclusively male) just seem to have size syndrome issue with having to follow a scooter. They will do whatever it takes to get past even if there is patently no where to go.

In a similar vein I had an idiot the other day who took exception to me jumping the huge long queue of traffic on Waverley bridge as I nipped up to the front to await the lights to turn left into princess street then right into St Andrews square.

He started blasting his horn and waving at me like a demented person...I politely ignored him (was tempted to provide a few hand signals back but didn’t).

On the lights going green he swerved out on to the turn right lane and tried to boot it around me to get in front so he could sit at the next red light one scooter space further forward.

What he failed to account for that despite me being just a scooter I can take the corner much tighter and easily got into the lane ahead of him making all his revving, dangerous driving, horn blowing and gesticulating completely redundant.

It was all rather odd.

@hibs.net private member
    In Edinburgh. Princess Street pet hate lol

Randolph Cr at Queensferry St theres 3 lanes, right hand to go onto Queensferry Rs, middle lane to go towards Drumsheugh Gds and left lane to go left. The amount of people who still get this wrong even with dashed white lines to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Randolph Cr at Queensferry St theres 3 lanes, right hand to go onto Queensferry Rs, middle lane to go towards Drumsheugh Gds and left lane to go left. The amount of people who still get this wrong even with dashed white lines to help them.
    I've got a bit of sympathy for this as the "towards Drumsheugh Gardens" involves a right turn first. It would probably be safer if there were only two lanes; a left turn and a right turn.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I feel your pain, in general motorbike drivers are amongst the most careful group on the roads, they have to be. What grips my **** is the scooters that are restricted to only do about 25mph. In Germany they actually try and set the traffic lights so that if you drive at the permitted speed limit then you will always have green on the main roads. If you get stuck behind one of these things, you end up having constant red and if you finally get a chance to overtake then they just saunter to the front of the queue that they caused in the first place and starting the whole infuriating process all over again. Does my nut it.

@hibs.net private member
    I constantly make sure I’m driving in the middle of the road on my scooters...I always want anyone overtaking me to have to cross the white line - feel they will take a more serious consideration before they do it

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    You could have stopped at that. I've been working in Glasgow for about 3 years now and taxi drivers here are a different breed. They define entitlement.
    He do uld have shortened it even further to just taxi drivers to be fair

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

Not difficult to work out what lane you should be in there.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Travelling from Corstorphine, got to the roundabout at Balgreen Road waiting to turn left towards approach road, it was 08.45 so bus lane was in operation. I was in inside lane and woman pulls alongside in outside lane which is the correct lane for her going towards Gorgie Road. As the break in the traffic comes I start to enter the roundabout going left, she does the same, cuts right across the front of me causing to swerve into the thankfully empty bus lane to avoid her taking my wing off! She was totally oblivious and then proceeded to cut someone else up at the next set of traffic lights too. The woman probably arrived at her destination absolutely clueless as to the incompetence of her driving!

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    The woman probably arrived at her destination absolutely clueless as to the incompetence of her driving!
    See this so many times, particularly with young women on motorway's in their Toyota Aygo's or similar wee tin cans tailgateing and travelling at ridiculous speeds completely oblivious to the dangers they are putting themselves and their passengers in.

@hibs.net private member
    The idiots who think just because you’re on a Vespa you don’t belong on the same road as them.
    This is not a peeve post. I'm just grinning stupidly at the combination of the content of your post, your screen name and your avatar. They fit perfectly!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    When you’re looking for a parking space in town, eventually find one, put your indicators on to reverse into it but the clown behind you is so far up your arse they don’t realise that’s what’s happening. Inevitably they get annoyed as they think you’ve just stopped for no reason as they struggle to get round you.

I hope I’ve explained that right but I know what I mean even if nobody else does 😃