hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is required this summer?

According to https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...ities-24031701, Hibernian do not require a right sided midfielder as Chris Cadden has made this position his, but Hibernian do require the following:

Striker and forward

Apparently, Christian Doidge's future at Hibs is uncertain, and Hibernian require an "experienced" striker, and also a replacement for Martin Boyle.

Attacking midfielder

Apparently, with Scott Allan on his way out of Hibs, we require an attacking midfielder, that is "even more dynamic" than Scott Allan.

2 Central Defenders

Apparently, keeping hold of Ryan Porteous is a must this summer, and with question marks hanging over Rocky Bushiri's future, added to Darren McGregor's age disadvantage, two central defenders are required urgently.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Two strikers. Two quick wingers. Two central midfielders. Two central defenders (three if Porto goes). A left back (if Doig goes).

Not much to ask for really…

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edina Street View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...ities-24031701, Hibernian do not require a right sided midfielder as Chris Cadden has made this position his, but Hibernian do require the following:

Striker and forward

Apparently, Christian Doidge's future at Hibs is uncertain, and Hibernian require an "experienced" striker, and also a replacement for Martin Boyle.

Attacking midfielder

Apparently, with Scott Allan on his way out of Hibs, we require an attacking midfielder, that is "even more dynamic" than Scott Allan.

2 Central Defenders

Apparently, keeping hold of Ryan Porteous is a must this summer, and with question marks hanging over Rocky Bushiri's future, added to Darren McGregor's age disadvantage, two central defenders are required urgently.

Hi Ross, decent article.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I think Doig and Porteous will be away, but I think Mitchell can make left back his own. I think there’s a player in Bushiri and want him to stay, McGregor potentially retiring as well so think a centre back will come in.

We need a midfield general. A Gogic style player but a better footballer would be ideal.

I want to see McKay given a chance wide left and if Jasper stays him a Cadden can fight it our t for the right hand side.

Clarkes future seems a bit uncertain so we might be looking for another right sided player.

Dylan Tait and Henderson are two I want to see more of in the Scott Allan role.

Striker wise I think we need minimum 1, 2 if Doidge goes and possibly 3 of Nisbet goes as well. James Scott might be an option, and I think he’d be worth a deal if available on a free.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I’m not convinced Cadden will be a starter, think Clarke (if he’s still here) will be the first choice right back as he’ll want actual right wingers who are tricky, score and create as one of the front 3.

Do people rely on these web pests expecting some revealing insight?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    I think it's the guys own article. Trying to get web traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Maybe people are just interested in other people's opinions

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I think Doig and Porteous will be away, but I think Mitchell can make left back his own. I think there’s a player in Bushiri and want him to stay, McGregor potentially retiring as well so think a centre back will come in.

We need a midfield general. A Gogic style player but a better footballer would be ideal.

I want to see McKay given a chance wide left and if Jasper stays him a Cadden can fight it our t for the right hand side.

Clarkes future seems a bit uncertain so we might be looking for another right sided player.

Striker wise I think we need minimum 1, 2 if Doidge goes and possibly 3 of Nisbet goes as well. James Scott might be an option, and I think he’d be worth a deal if available on a free.
    Ffs, nonsense from start to finish...obviously spending too much time at tynecastle... anyone thats watched rocky can see there's only a donkey in there...

Quote Originally Posted by SChibs View Post
    Maybe people are just interested in other people's opinions
    Ye, people read something on the internet thinking the writer knows what he's talking about!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Two strikers. Two quick wingers. Two central midfielders. Two central defenders (three if Porto goes). A left back (if Doig goes).

Yes, a lot of work required!
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I hope Lee Johnson can sell Doig and Porteous the dream and persuade them both to stay, and Ron can make it worth their while.

Regarding Bushiri, I like his age, only twenty two, and Hanlon and Porteous are already well established first team regulars with plenty experience, but I don't like the question marks over his ability, so I would like to see a couple of young central defenders come in, to be groomed for the role of stepping in for Hanlon whom maybe only has a couple of years at this level left in him.

Simon Ferry has compared Dundee's nineteen year old Scotland under 21 internationalist Josh Mulligan's work-rate to that of Gareth Bale, and described him as "powerful, strong and direct", and as a "Rolls-Royce" footballer.

Yes, we signed McKay for a reason.

Another good thing about Josh Mulligan, not only is he a nineteen year old currently playing in the Scottish under 21's as opposed to the Scotland under 19's, but he can also play on the right hand side of midfield, as well as central midield. Actually, he is also down as a right back.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/josh...spieler/674809

Always good to give youth a chance.

I don't think Kevin Nisbet will be going anywhere in the near future due to his injury. Though I would not put my money on that.

I do like the look of this Josh Mulligan however. Only one year left on his Dundee contract, and with Dundee getting relegated I am sure he would jump at the chance to play in the premier again and Dundee could be bribed. He's young, versatile, and has already scored against Hibernian, and played for Dundee during victories against both Hibs "and" Hearts.
    Last edited by Edina Street; 23-05-2022 at 09:08 AM.

Porto has already knocked back a good deal - I dont think he will stay. But we will get very little for him at this stage in his contract. Its a tricky one for Hibs.
    Doig doesnt want to go for at least one more year. He doesnt think he is ready for the Championship yet. So a good season coming up and we could get a decent amount of money for him

Cadden will continue to play every game when he is fit. His energy and work rate make him first pick and why he was POTY. It will be interesting to see how the new managers fits him in with Clarke.

So i think we will get 2 CBs - one left and one right and both should be pushing to start. We need a dynamic number 6 in the style of ****e (but obv not that level). None of our current DMs can fetch and carry the ball.

We need at least 1 top class striker.

We need a top class no.10 - i could see that being a loan in the hope that Magennis could get properly fit.

Anything on top of that will i think be loan players.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

You forgot a goalie.

Goalie, central defender, central midfielder, striker.

Marshall is a good start, need to get 1st pick players in right up the spine of the team as our starting point.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Porto has already knocked back a good deal - I dont think he will stay. But we will get very little for him at this stage in his contract. Its a tricky one for Hibs.
    Doig doesnt want to go for at least one more year. He doesnt think he is ready for the Championship yet. So a good season coming up and we could get a decent amount of money for him

Cadden will continue to play every game when he is fit. His energy and work rate make him first pick and why he was POTY. It will be interesting to see how the new managers fits him in with Clarke.

So i think we will get 2 CBs - one left and one right and both should be pushing to start. We need a dynamic number 6 in the style of ****e (but obv not that level). None of our current DMs can fetch and carry the ball.

We need at least 1 top class striker.

We need a top class no.10 - i could see that being a loan in the hope that Magennis could get properly fit.

Anything on top of that will i think be loan players.
    I like Cadden, he’s a real athlete. However I’m not sure there’s a place for him going forward if Clarke stays. Think Cadden could play RB and be a big help to a real winger in overlapping and creating space for him. As a wingback or winger though he’s not good enough in the final third to be our attacking outlet, and effectively Boyle’s replacement, as he was last season.

In mitigation, he gets into some great crossing positions and it’s an unenviable task trying to pick someone out with the limited midfield we have. Not convinced he’s good enough in the final third but with some new forwards and new midfielders he might be able to capitalise more on the positions he gets into.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Central midfield
    Central midfield
    Central midfield

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I think we're doing quite well in the full back department: Cadden, Clarke, Doig, Mitchell, and Stevenson are all good options. I'm not sure which 2 I'd pick and if the others can slot in elsewhere in the team with the right formation.

Everywhere else probably needs a bit of work.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    We need someone who can score goals, goals and more goals
    Our top league scorer last season was Boyle on 7 goals, he was 23rd top goal scorer in Scotland last season, and hasn’t played for Hibs for ages

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    Ffs, nonsense from start to finish...obviously spending too much time at tynecastle... anyone thats watched rocky can see there's only a donkey in there...
    Nonsense from start to finish...references one part of the post.

Ok then
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I like Cadden, he’s a real athlete. However I’m not sure there’s a place for him going forward if Clarke stays. Think Cadden could play RB and be a big help to a real winger in overlapping and creating space for him. As a wingback or winger though he’s not good enough in the final third to be our attacking outlet, and effectively Boyle’s replacement, as he was last season.

In mitigation, he gets into some great crossing positions and it’s an unenviable task trying to pick someone out with the limited midfield we have. Not convinced he’s good enough in the final third but with some new forwards and new midfielders he might be able to capitalise more on the positions he gets into.
    Lee did say he likes to get early balls in to the strikers so will like Cadden I think, just need actual strikers to be in and around the box, along with midfielders making forward runs.

@hibs.net private member
    If Porteous does go, if what I’ve heard is true we have a ready made replacement in Jack Brydon. Followed the same route as Porto when he went to Edinburgh City and they’re raving about him, feel that he’s showing more potential at that age than Ryan did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Imo we need:

A goalie - presumably Marshall
    At least one centre half, two if Porteous goes. If McGregor calls it a day as well then probably 3.
    3 centre midfielders, a 6, an 8 and a 10. Although I could see Henderson being the 10. I don’t think he’s good enough but he’s in the building so I think we’ll use him
    Two wingers - wouldn’t be surprised if one of them is Jasper
    Two strikers, could probably get by with one being a decent loan. Probably needs to be three if Doidge goes.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Goalie, central defender, central midfielder, striker.

Marshall is a good start, need to get 1st pick players in right up the spine of the team as our starting point.
    Marshall has got his Hibernian medical on Monday, according to the BBC
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61549097

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    If Porteous does go, if what I’ve heard is true we have a ready made replacement in Jack Brydon. Followed the same route as Porto when he went to Edinburgh City and they’re raving about him, feel that he’s showing more potential at that age than Ryan did.

He’s only 17 so I’d be hoping we’d be looking for an actual replacement for Porteous rather than blooding a 17 year old.

He sounds a good prospect though.

13000 season ticket holders.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    He’s only 17 so I’d be hoping we’d be looking for an actual replacement for Porteous rather than blooding a 17 year old.

He sounds a good prospect though.
    Didn’t realise he’s only 17, he seems to have been spoken about for a couple of years now.

If he goes 433 then I can see Cadden in midfield with Clarke as wingback. I think we need 2 CB's 2-3 midfielders with energy and some guile and 2-3 fast attacking forwards, that's around 6-8 players.

We also have players back in the squad who may feature, Bradley, Tait and Mackay.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CL0762 View Post
    Didn’t realise he’s only 17, he seems to have been spoken about for a couple of years now.

Yeah, 18 in September. He went on loan to Civil Service just after his 16th birthday and then to Stenhousemuir, also when he was 16. He done really well at Stenhousemuir. Great prospect

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post

Yeh i agree. I'd have Clarke in front of him with Cadden playing a more traditional RB role. As you say they both provide the energy for overlaps and to cover for each other. But if Johnson plays 433 it then becomes tricky.