hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraser Murray

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strange that he's been a stand out for the Dev team recently and his performances when called upon for the 1st team have been very positive, the pass when Doidge scored against Morton was from a deep midfield position btw. Fraser is capable of playing across the attacking midfield right to left and equally adept in the deeper central role.

No harm in giving criticism when it due but some of the ever enthusiastic criticism of a young lad starting out on his career is everything that is wrong with this board in recent times.
    There is a significant step up from dev games to first team, as shaw has also found out, he is rightly getting game time every now and again, if he was starting every week just now in this team it would not do him any good I think

2. Log in to remove the advert

People keep trying to reduce this to "he made one mistake that led to their goal", but it's not that at all. He looked like he was running through treacle the entire time he was on the park. That is what worried me about his performance.

@hibs.net private member
    Interesting twist this one - crucifying a homemade youngster that’s had some serious injuries in his career and is now making his way back.

Well done the supporters who have identified this wage thief.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Interesting twist this one - crucifying a homemade youngster that’s had some serious injuries in his career and is now making his way back.

Well done the supporters who have identified this wage thief.
    The dev players need support imo. Porteous much have cost us 3 or 4 goals, the first yesterday was terrible defending on his part. We are rightly seeing the good in his performances and recognising that experience will mean the mistakes start becoming fewer and further apart.

Murray looks a real prospect to me and is a player who has done well in his appearances in the first team. He mis-timed a header yesterday but came into the game late and never quite got up to speed. I'd drop Vela or Newell and give Fraser 3 or 4 games and let him know he will be getting game time for the next month.

Just watched the highlights and although Murray mis timed the header Vela bottled it and never closed down Chalmers, instead turning his back on the player, cowardly football from him.

Just watched the highlights and although Murray mis timed the header Vela bottled it and never closed down Chalmers, instead turning his back on the player, cowardly football from him.
    Shocking from Vela. Similar to his pathetic attempt to block the winning goal in the derby.

A fair bit happens after it, but in the build up to both goals Stevenson just lets them cross the ball. Really poor from him and something he does week in, week out.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Pulled out of the header I'm afraid.Second time that has cost us a goal.
    Now that I’ve seen it on Sportscene I realise that he didn’t pull out of the header like I thought at the game,he totally misjudged it.So apologies for that but I do think heading is a weakness in his game .

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Now that I’ve seen it on Sportscene I realise that he didn’t pull out of the header like I thought at the game,he totally misjudged it.So apologies for that but I do think heading is a weakness in his game .
    That's nit picking in the extreme as every player has a weakness to some extent.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Fraser Murray not playing: "****'s sake why is he not on the pitch, Hecky out"

Fraser Murray gets ten minutes on the pitch as a substitute after a long time out, and admittedly plays badly: "****'s sake why is he on the pitch, he's no good enough for us and never has been and I knew it all along"

Some people just like having a right good moan about anything, eh.

For goodness sake!

How do you think this young laddie feels reading this and having to put up with you lot tearing him apart.

How would you feel if this were your son and you had to read the soul destroying comments written here.

Like you i cannot now defend this manager and his miracle 89 mins substitutions, he is panicing too

A while ago this board had a lot of good positive comments to make about Fraser aye Football fans i know are fickle.

But this is just unbelievable, read back on it..... this isnt about the laddie its you arguing with each other!

You may see it as he lost you the game..... but how did the ball get up that end of the park? Why did it bypass all the players it did?

Its supposed to be a team game and his team mates let him down too!

Just seen the equaliser back again. Fraser misjudged the bounce. After that Josh Vela’s attempt at a block is utterly pathetic. In fact it’s bordering on downright being a sh*tebag! Following that, a firmly believe the goalkeeper is slow getting down and should save it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Fraser Murray not playing: "****'s sake why is he not on the pitch, Hecky out"

Fraser Murray gets ten minutes on the pitch as a substitute after a long time out, and admittedly plays badly: "****'s sake why is he on the pitch, he's no good enough for us and never has been and I knew it all along"

Some people just like having a right good moan about anything, eh.
    What if I were to tell you that the people who said the first thing might not have been the same people who said the second thing?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I don’t think Lewis has been fit this season having effectively missed pre-season.
    Then he shouldn't be playing. I love Stevenson but he has been poor this season.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Don’t want to be too harsh on a youngster, but what on earth was that performance today?

Failed to play a proper pass to Kamberi on the counter.
    Headed the ball to the County player for their equaliser.
    He's not played enough. Earlier in the season he made a solid effect each time he came on.

The header was poor but Vela and Mallon should have closed down.

Then maybe it's a manager's decision, the same manager who is very negative in every game. I said today at the game that I felt Stevenson has been particularly negative since Heckinbottom has came in. Under Stubbs and Lennon, Lewis used to bomb up and down that left side and his only real criticism was the final ball wasn't always great, he barely gets past the halfway line nowadays.
    I assume you are aware that our tactics are completely different now and that it's not Lewis' decision not to go forward.

Quote Originally Posted by IanFaeClerrie View Post
    I assume you are aware that our tactics are completely different now and that it's not Lewis' decision not to go forward.
    Read my post again and I mentioned negativity since Heckingbottom came in, basically the same as what you've just posted?

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Seen plenty of folk on here saying he should be starting 11 but i've seen nothing from his so far to justify that bar one or two nice passes, IMO none of the youth players bar Porto are good enough to be in the first team

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Soprano View Post
    Seen plenty of folk on here saying he should be starting 11 but i've seen nothing from his so far to justify that bar one or two nice passes, IMO none of the youth players bar Porto are good enough to be in the first team
    At this moment in time neither is Porto. He’s been as poor as any since he came back from injury. At fault for goals in most game’s for me

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    At this moment in time neither is Porto. He’s been as poor as any since he came back from injury. At fault for goals in most game’s for me

Yep, he has definitely been culpable for a few goals but it's part of his learning and we should be able to accept this. It will make him a better player in the long run. If only we could afford the same grace to the like of Murray and Shaw they might thrive.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    For goodness sake!

How do you think this young laddie feels reading this and having to put up with you lot tearing him apart.

How would you feel if this were your son and you had to read the soul destroying comments written here.

Like you i cannot now defend this manager and his miracle 89 mins substitutions, he is panicing too

A while ago this board had a lot of good positive comments to make about Fraser aye Football fans i know are fickle.

But this is just unbelievable, read back on it..... this isnt about the laddie its you arguing with each other!

You may see it as he lost you the game..... but how did the ball get up that end of the park? Why did it bypass all the players it did?

Its supposed to be a team game and his team mates let him down too!
    100%
    You got that email sorted out for me yet?
    SY

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar

Porto has proved his worth on numerous occasions before though and IMO is our best defender, I think Fraser Murray has the potential but as things stand at the moment isn't good enough to be in the first team.

Just seen the equaliser back again. Fraser misjudged the bounce. After that Josh Vela’s attempt at a block is utterly pathetic. In fact it’s bordering on downright being a sh*tebag! Following that, a firmly believe the goalkeeper is slow getting down and should save it.

Vela’s attempt to block the shot was equalled by Stevenson’s attempt to block the cross in the first place.

Too many players not interested in doing the basics.

I like Fraser but there was something very odd about his running style during the game. Also players don’t improve sitting on the bench. Motherwell developed great young players because they had to play. 20 mins every 6 weeks will cause more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Soprano View Post
    Porto can have 6/7 mistakes in a game and he still gets MOTM shouts. It’s a weird situation. As long as you look like you’d go through a player and burst a ball people think you are the second coming. He’s got a long long way to go.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Porto can have 6/7 mistakes in a game and he still gets MOTM shouts. It’s a weird situation. As long as you look like you’d go through a player and burst a ball people think you are the second coming. He’s got a long long way to go.
    Porto has been better than Paul Hanlon this season. No question. Paul got bullied by wee Billy McKay on Saturday..

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Porto has been better than Paul Hanlon this season. No question. Paul got bullied by wee Billy McKay on Saturday..
    So under every measurement he has not been better than him. But Paul is seen as soft by some and Porto is seen as the total opposite. Look at interception and tackle stats and Paul is our most consistent defender. Despite having a poor start. How many shots on target did Billy McKay get on Saturday? Fans have opinions on players and sometimes errors are forgotten about for that reason (like me and Hanlon). Scott Allan has actually been poor this season but because you get a couple of glimpses of magic in a game hes also seen as MOTM material for almost every game. He was as culpable as the rest of the midfield on Saturday for not closing down the opposition.

Back to the main point.....personally for me Fraser needs to go on loan somewhere and get a real run of games in order to progress. Hes not going to get that at Hibs.

So under every measurement he has not been better than him. But Paul is seen as soft by some and Porto is seen as the total opposite. Look at interception and tackle stats and Paul is our most consistent defender. Despite having a poor start. How many shots on target did Billy McKay get on Saturday? Fans have opinions on players and sometimes errors are forgotten about for that reason (like me and Hanlon). Scott Allan has actually been poor this season but because you get a couple of glimpses of magic in a game hes also seen as MOTM material for almost every game. He was as culpable as the rest of the midfield on Saturday for not closing down the opposition.

Back to the main point.....personally for me Fraser needs to go on loan somewhere and get a real run of games in order to progress. Hes not going to get that at Hibs.
    Fraser will be away on loan in Jan if PH is still in charge. Simply has to for his own career.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Same situation as with McPake.

How are people having a go at Porteous/Allan here? They are the only 2 players that have actually been decent this season, Allan creates at least 1/2 good chances per game and Porteous when you watch him is so defensively sound. Always seems to be in the right position, doesn’t lose headers and tries to get the ball forward. Could’ve done better with their first goal but I can’t understand why people seem so quick to criticise the players that are actually playing well for one mistake. Porteous gets MOTM shouts even if he makes a mistake in a game because for the rest of it he’ll have played well. Don’t get it at all

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    How are people having a go at Porteous/Allan here? They are the only 2 players that have actually been decent this season, Allan creates at least 1/2 good chances per game and Porteous when you watch him is so defensively sound. Always seems to be in the right position, doesn’t lose headers and tries to get the ball forward. Could’ve done better with their first goal but I can’t understand why people seem so quick to criticise the players that are actually playing well for one mistake. Porteous gets MOTM shouts even if he makes a mistake in a game because for the rest of it he’ll have played well. Don’t get it at all
    Porto has been brought in to it because it seems he is immune from criticism and people seeing him as a 1st team player rather than a youngster. If it was Porto who had misjudged that header there would be a list of 10 players in front of him being blamed for costing us 2 points. I think Porto has huge potential but he’s miles away from being the finished article. He’s still to rash and since his return has cost us 3/4 goals that I can remember.