hibs.net Messageboard

Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maloney is a shambles of a manager.
    Still recovering from Malloney. What on earth were Hibs thinking ?

Surprisingly good start for LJ, given the pre-season and some of the signings we've made, however really pleased to hear some of the TV commentators highlighting Hibs "good team spirit". That's something other Hibs managers have struggled to engender, so big credit to LJ. Last season we were a rabble of individuals, relying on Boyle to win us points. / games.

Let's give LJ a few more months before we proclaim him a success. Jack Ross proved that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He said it would take around 10 games in before things started to click snd based on past three results he is being proved right
    Clearly there will e more bumps along the way and it would help to get our injured players back and match fit
    My biggest area of concern is the number of forward players we have that don’t score ( Boyle being the exception )
    Mckirdy needs more game time to see what he can do

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    He said it would take around 10 games in before things started to click snd based on past three results he is being proved right
    Clearly there will e more bumps along the way and it would help to get our injured players back and match fit
    My biggest area of concern is the number of forward players we have that don’t score ( Boyle being the exception )
    Mckirdy needs more game time to see what he can do
    The most important thing is the chances we are creating. Which we were in earlier games too. Falkirk we should've scored 3 or 4. Same with Livi. We were always going to start winning I think.

Important to keep it up, keep it fresh and not get figured out, though. Some very winnable games coming up. Could easily be going into the world cup a few points clear in 3rd.

Lee Johnson is going to have some tough choices to make when everyone's back fit again and we will have a very strong bench in all . Think Kevin Nisbet would score plenty with the amount of chances and shots were creating at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Lee Johnson is going to have some tough choices to make when everyone's back fit again and we will have a very strong bench in all . Think Kevin Nisbet would score plenty with the amount of chances and shots were creating at the minute.
    Fitting Nisbet, Boyle, Youan, McKirdy, Bojang, Tavares, McGeady, Mitcjell and Mykola in is going to be hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Fitting Nisbet, Boyle, Youan, McKirdy, Bojang, Tavares, McGeady, Mitcjell and Mykola in is going to be hard!
    And Merkelson too mind . Really can't remember for a long time having such good options up front .it's nearly a team of attackers. So here's the big question .what 3 would you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    The most important thing is the chances we are creating. Which we were in earlier games too. Falkirk we should've scored 3 or 4. Same with Livi. We were always going to start winning I think.

Important to keep it up, keep it fresh and not get figured out, though. Some very winnable games coming up. Could easily be going into the world cup a few points clear in 3rd.
    Yes even in the games we have lost we have created aloy of chances.

I know not all chances are clear cut chances and maybe count of the xG but another 24 yesterday and also a lot of possession which ain't just playing about at the back etc.

Going off the spfl website we have had 151 shots so far this season 2nd only 9 behind celtic and again 2nd in goals conceded.

The midfield also is looking like a good balance so long may it continue and we can push on for a successful campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    That’s an interesting point.

I’m still not sure what happened with Mueller. Was it his decision to leave or was a mutual one?
    Left to run an owl sanctuary back home

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Yes even in the games we have lost we have created aloy of chances.

I know not all chances are clear cut chances and maybe count of the xG but another 24 yesterday and also a lot of possession which ain't just playing about at the back etc.

Going off the spfl website we have had 151 shots so far this season 2nd only 9 behind celtic and again 2nd in goals conceded.

The midfield also is looking like a good balance so long may it continue and we can push on for a successful campaign.
    I keep banging on about it, but we need another forward to step up and start scoring with some regularity. If we find that, we’ll take a bit of stopping with the number of chances we’re creating.

Think Johnson has just simplified things. Play the ball forward quicker, get bodies up the park and on to second balls and all that kind of thing. Goals yesterday probably demonstrate that.

Good thing yesterday, and against Aberdeen, is that we didn’t sit back when we got ourselves in front. We kicked in and looked to kill the game. That comes from the manager for me.

@hibs.net private member
    And Merkelson too mind . Really can't remember for a long time having such good options up front .it's nearly a team of attackers. So here's the big question .what 3 would you pick?
    Boyle Nisbet McKirdy would be my 3 if all 100% fit.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    He's delivered on his promise for enjoyable football.
    Makes such a difference.
    Winning helps too :-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    The big boy upfront has played himself into a starting role so far for me ..McKirdy early days, so much more to come from him ….but wouldn’t start before Kuharevich at the mo for me

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    3 good players players no doubt though I much prefer Boyle on right were I think he's more effective. Somebody's definitely going to shoot me down for my 3 . Mcgeady , Nisbet, Boyle would be my picks

Nisbet won't get back in the team.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Would be surprised by that. He remains the best finisher at the club and once fit I expect him to get back in.

He will need to prove himself though, he won’t be an automatic pick.

3 good players players no doubt though I much prefer Boyle on right were I think he's more effective. Somebody's definitely going to shoot me down for my 3 . Mcgeady , Nisbet, Boyle would be my picks
    McGeady McKirdy Boyle for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    The big boy upfront has played himself into a starting role so far for me ..McKirdy early days, so much more to come from him ….but wouldn’t start before Kuharevich at the mo for me
    Would you play Kukharevych in the centre and sacrifice Nisbet or play Kukharevych on the left ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    That’s an interesting point.

I’m still not sure what happened with Mueller. Was it his decision to leave or was a mutual one?

[On January 20, 2022, Mueller made his debut for Hibernian, he was allowed to return to the US in May 2022.
    Hibs chief executive Ben Kensell said that Mueller had struggled to "adapt to the pace and physicality" of Scottish football.]
    Ben maybe being diplomatic.

Personally,i think he also was surprised, if not shocked ,at the levels of fitness needed to compete here.

Or he may have just been homesick for buffalo wings and Wendy's eggs benedict !

Quote Originally Posted by ErinGoBraghHFC View Post
    McGeady McKirdy Boyle for me

Did McGeady do enough when he had his opportunities? I’m not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    [On January 20, 2022, Mueller made his debut for Hibernian, he was allowed to return to the US in May 2022.
    Hibs chief executive Ben Kensell said that Mueller had struggled to "adapt to the pace and physicality" of Scottish football.]
    Ben maybe being diplomatic.

Personally,i think he also was surprised, if not shocked ,at the levels of fitness needed to compete here.

Or he may have just been homesick for buffalo wings and Wendy's eggs benedict !
    More likely he was shocked to see scones served with jam and not gravy

When fit we have the luxury of easing him back in. The players with the shirts are doing the job so Nisbet can make appearances from the bench. Certainly that will happen. He'll make match day squads and sub appearances.

After that starts are there to be won and he is capable of that when fit and focussed. I can't see any reason to write him off.

@hibs.net private member
    Still our best striker imo

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbizz1998 View Post
    Would be surprised by that. He remains the best finisher at the club and once fit I expect him to get back in.

He will need to prove himself though, he won’t be an automatic pick.
    I agree think Nisbet is probably our best goalscorer and works hard for the team .Both him and Boyle on form would be first picks in Hibs team imo

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    When fit we have the luxury of easing him back in. The players with the shirts are doing the job so Nisbet can make appearances from the bench. Certainly that will happen. He'll make match day squads and sub appearances.

After that starts are there to be won and he is capable of that when fit and focussed. I can't see any reason to write him off.
    Not writing him off just don't think he was very good before his injury and we have improved massively up front since.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Would you play Kukharevych in the centre and sacrifice Nisbet or play Kukharevych on the left ?
    I’d play Nisbet through the middle

Far too early to be making statements like that. I actually think he'd be excellent in this team.

Nisbet has very good movement and would thrive in a team that attacks and is on the front foot all the time, he struggled due to the way Ross had his team playing.

Based on what I’ve seen of the players available to play front 3 it would be McGeady - Nisbet - Boyle imo.

Not sure about McKirdy as a left winger (granted very small window) but all of his clips I saw of him was as a centre forward or running down the right using his pace.

Hopefully he adjusts but either way our options are brilliant when everyone is fit

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    That is actually quite scary now when you think about it Malky McKay and Derek McInnes as two candidates for the Hibs job.
    Has everyone forgotten about Roy Keane?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    More likely he was shocked to see scones served with jam and not gravy

Owl second that!
    And the gravy is mince !
    Talking mince,some relatives who lived in Indiana, would stock up with gravy salt when they came hame fur a holiday.

Chris appears to be doing ok at Chicago Fire