hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are a very boring team to watch just now though.
    Stop Boyle and you stop Hibs.
    Were you bored on sunday? Its been obvious for a while but your mask is starting to slip now. Multiple threads and the same agenda. Give it up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    When did we last play scintillating football under Jack Ross?

Derek McInnes has more credentials than Jack Ross has that's for sure. I'd get him in for the cup final.
    Can't speak for Jones but agree that scintillating football is hyperbole at its finest. The football on display is turgid and Sundays win was more about small moments of brilliance and a lot of heart and fight. Can't really think of games where we've won comfortably and in style under JR.

With that said... McInnes? Really? He's no different from JR. Pragmatic approach of being tough to beat and grinding out wins. He achieved an element of consistency with that approach without much competition with ourselves, Hearts and Rangers out the loop but the football was *****. Despite finishing 2nd and 3rd most seasons and decent cup runs they're support floundered. The football wasn't entertaining in the slightest. His team's always rolled over against Celtic and Rangers also. Whilst there's some interesting parallels beyond that I think we'd be worse.
    Last edited by CMac1988; 25-11-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIHIBS View Post
    Were you bored on sunday? Its been obvious for a while but your mask is starting to slip now. Multiple threads and the same agenda. Give it up.
    Whilst Sunday was an outstanding win for the club and a generally solid defensive performance (Porteous can be forgiven) it was done with 3 goals from 3 shots on target and 30% possession all in the first 30mins. The point is that how we play is proving to be very dull and not very sustainable as evidenced in our league form.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Fair enough, I'm not privvy to the ins and outs of transfer agreements so happy to accept the word of someone who is.

I just would have thought if he was ready to play for us in the summer Hibs would have made sure that he wasn't loaned back to Raith Rovers.

Hopefully when he joins us in January he will be ready to play immediately as it's badly needed and it becomes 2 decent signings out of 6.
    The Tait arrangement is public knowledge that’s been mentioned more than a few times here. Making stuff up to have a pop is poor form.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Whilst Sunday was an outstanding win for the club and a generally solid defensive performance (Porteous can be forgiven) it was done with 3 goals from 3 shots on target and 30% possession all in the first 30mins. The point is that how we play is proving to be very dull and not very sustainable as evidenced in our league form.
    And if we’d lost 3-1 to 3 shots on target against us, and had 70% possession you’d be telling us it counts for nothing. Boring, predictable, nonsense.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Has anyone questioned if you’re actually a hibs fan yet?

I know I’m negative but you take the piss

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

10. 9. 8. 7.........

Keep it up, you're a funny guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post

I mean I suppose it's possible (dare I say it, a la Hermit), but I think we'd all be shocked tbh.

Left by mutual consent!

Sunday was a great win and we hoped that would bring back a feel good factor.

All I've done is added the stats from the game to our current run of form, if you look at it that way it provides a different perspective to how we all actually felt on Sunday with a final to look forward to and a good run of games. That feeling is now totally different. It's a fickle game but nobody likes being on a poor run of form like this.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    Can't speak for Jones but agree that scintillating football is hyperbole at its finest. The football on display is turgid and Sundays win was more about small moments of brilliance and a lot of heart and fight. Can't really think of games where we've won comfortably and in style under JR.

With that said... McInnes? Really? He's no different from JR. Pragmatic approach of being tough to beat and grinding out wins. He achieved an element of consistency with that approach without much competition with ourselves, Hearts and Rangers out the loop but the football was *****. Despite finishing 2nd and 3rd most seasons and decent cup runs they're support floundered. The football wasn't entertaining in the slightest. His team's always rolled over against Celtic and Rangers also. Whilst there's some interesting parallels beyond that I think we'd be worse.

We have played excellent football at times, while being pragmatic and winning games the majority of the time.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Our form really is that bad and we have seen monumental collapses before post christmas.

We have a tough run of games, let's hope we can get some results quickly somehow.
    Your trolling is ridiculous absolute torture. Not a chance you are a Hibs fan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Your trolling is ridiculous absolute torture. Not a chance you are a Hibs fan.
    I'll be at Hampden for the final.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    The Tait arrangement is public knowledge that’s been mentioned more than a few times here. Making stuff up to have a pop is poor form.
    Yep all fans now about Tait. Hibs announced it.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    We have played excellent football at times, while being pragmatic and winning games the majority of the time.
    First of all apologies as after reading that back my message came across as a little condescending with regards to your choice of words.

That said we're going to have to agree to disagree here as even excellent might be pushing it for me. I've felt the football on offer has been poor for some time and struggle to enjoy watching us play most games. This team with the exception of Boyle just doesn't excite me. We've become a one man team and I don't think its solely down to the majority of our players. This squad are capable of much better and it's up to JR to get that from them.

We were clinical on Sunday. Took our chances then defended with heart and desire. Did you think Rangers were going to sit back and let us have all the possession at 3-1 down in a semi final? We were absolutely outstanding to a man. A thoroughly professional performance that we've all been craving at Hampden.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    When ?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    When ?
    This season we were excellent against Motherwell and Ross County. The first half in the cup against Dundee Utd we were brilliant.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

I know what my thoughts are, but perhaps best report to admins and leave them to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    First of all apologies as after reading that back my message came across as a little condescending with regards to your choice of words.

That said we're going to have to agree to disagree here as even excellent might be pushing it for me. I've felt the football on offer has been poor for some time and struggle to enjoy watching us play most games. This team with the exception of Boyle just doesn't excite me. We've become a one man team and I don't think its solely down to the majority of our players. This squad are capable of much better and it's up to JR to get that from them.
    No worries

When does it become the players responsibility? A manager can only do and say so much. I suspect behind closed doors JR will feel he's being let down by players he's relying on to produce, and when we've had as poor a transfer window as we've had (JDH aside, reserving judgement on others but feel like McKay, Mueller and Tait will be good additions) he doesn't have options to make big changes.

We've seen what happens when everything comes together, that was the collective work of everyone. We just need it to come together more often.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

I honestly think it's a mentality problem, whether that's coming from the manager, players or both. Players need to be able to raise their game no matter who we play, Riss needs to be able to motivate them against the so called smaller teams. Did they think after Sunday all they had to do was turn up?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I know what my thoughts are, but perhaps best report to admins and leave them to it.
    So your saying a fan is not allowed to have views that oppose the common train of thought on here?

Have you seen the majority of our performances this season and the current run that we are on?

We played Dundee United and Celtic at home and didn't even lay a glove on them.
    Last edited by 90274; 26-11-2021 at 10:04 AM.

So your saying a fan is not allowed to have views that oppose the common train of thought on here?

Have you seen the majority of our performances this season and the current run that we are on?

We scored against Celtic, and came very close to another goal. We had a shocker of a first half but I thought the players hauled themselves off the canvass. Even the Celtic manager said afterwards thats the best they've played all season.

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I honestly think it's a mentality problem, whether that's coming from the manager, players or both. Players need to be able to raise their game no matter who we play, Riss needs to be able to motivate them against the so called smaller teams. Did they think after Sunday all they had to do was turn up?
    To be fair we played ok for an hour dominating the game but couldn't score they get a freak goal and Doidge gets sent off. Don't think performance was bad.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Dont think that was his intention to be honest, he is a good poster on here and posts always balanced. Easy to miss stuff now and then

To be fair we played ok for an hour dominating the game but couldn't score they get a freak goal and Doidge gets sent off. Don't think performance was bad.

I agree it wasn't a terrible performance, just another game where we sort of huffed and puffed without doing anything, just sort of turned up expecting to win.

Yes anybody is allowed to express an opinion, even supporters of other teams.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Yes anybody is allowed to express an opinion, even supporters of other teams.
    🤭🤭👍

I thought it was a terrible performance against a bottom of the league side.