hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    There would have been a time i’d have been at Dingwall. Fair play to allthe fans who went first of all. Didn’t deserve that result.

As for the team, lack of goals from midfield is a huge problem with Magennis out. Five defeats on the bounce in the league quite rightly puts Ross under the spotlight. Reach seven
    It right and it starts getting unsustainable to keep him in a job. The ghosts of Butcher and Fenlon are stirred by such a crap run.
    Last edited by Bishop Hibee; 24-11-2021 at 11:07 PM.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now neither is the most likely option.
    This.

Like any match we play, god knows how we will turn up.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Hard to disagree with the OP

Every group chat/person I’ve messaged about the game all said “typical hibs”

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post

It’s not typical hibs for the league run we are on. It’s really concerning.

Ah cannae keep up. Are we s***e again or just average?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Not as good as hearts.

I’m wrong side of 30 now and to be honest that’s usually all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    and 4 days ago we were brilliant.........

I hate to say it but I think Scott Allan's race has run. Not at it when he came on and almost gifted a goal.
    I find it hard to blame the manager for that performance.
    Started off brightly and should have scored at least one goal first half.
    Second half we were laboring and Nisbet missed a couple more chances. Bringing on the subs he did were the right changes, it just didn't work out.
    Looked like Doidge took a second swipe at the ross county man and referee had no choice in my opinion. After that we tried to throw everything at it but it just got worse. Very disappointing but we were back to taking the easy option and not having a real go - apart from Boyle and on occasion Doig marauding down the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Wood and Scott aren’t getting on the bench. Poor.
    JDH has been decent, struggled since his COVID but seems to be getting back to his best. Good.
    McKay. Injured. Judgement reserved.

Honestly can’t even remember who else?

The point is it’s not about quantity.
    Mitchell - 3rd choice goalkeeper from Clyde and unlikely to ever play a first team game for us.
    Tait - Back on loan at Raith Rovers as obviously not deemed ready to play first team football for us at the moment.

1 successful signing out of 6 is dreadful. I realise Tait may still turn out to be a success, same with MacKay (although I do have my doubts) but we really needed players to come in and do a job immediately.

Wood and Scott have so far been a waste of time and have offered us nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    and 4 days ago we were brilliant.........

I hate to say it but I think Scott Allan's race has run. Not at it when he came on and almost gifted a goal.
    I find it hard to blame the manager for that performance.
    Started off brightly and should have scored at least one goal first half.
    Second half we were laboring and Nisbet missed a couple more chances. Bringing on the subs he did were the right changes, it just didn't work out.
    Looked like Doidge took a second swipe at the ross county man and referee had no choice in my opinion. After that we tried to throw everything at it but it just got worse. Very disappointing but we were back to taking the easy option and not having a real go - apart from Boyle and on occasion Doig marauding down the wing.
    I disagree about the subs, particularly the Allan one. It was reactive one and I thought we were crying out for his creativity earlier as Campbell wasn’t offering anything in the final third. We should have been looking to change it to take the lead rather than chase an equaliser but we just let the game drift.

When Allan got his wee spell in the team he was creating and scoring, shame he seems to be out of favour again.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Having just arrived back from the game I am not surprised by the threads that have appeared but this wasn’t some non-performance.

Straight red for RC player in the first half. Looked much like the tackle Porteous was sent off for. Game changing moment, yellow given.

Lots of county players must have inner ear problems because they could barely stay on their feet when closed down, generally a free kick was given.

Campbell is breaking down the left and is taken out with a shoulder to the back, referee saw nothing

Hanlon had his jersey pulled above his sports bra at a corner but he was apparently the offender

Until the red for Doidge we were the better team.

Just seen the goal ( it was at the other end) and it is a mare.

Last ten minutes were mad and I was walking away from the ground when I heard Boyle had been sent off. Probably told the referee what everyone was thinking but shouldn’t have.

Timescale wise, if we can appeal Doidge’s red as reckless not violent and him be available for Sat before it’s heard, we should. Means we would have three strikers for next three games.

In terms of Saturday, bring Ryan back in and start with Hammer for Boyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I disagree about the subs, particularly the Allan one. It was reactive one and I thought we were crying out for his creativity earlier as Campbell wasn’t offering anything in the final third. We should have been looking to change it to take the lead rather than chase an equaliser but we just let the game drift.

When Allan got his wee spell in the team he was creating and scoring, shame he seems to be out of favour again.
    I agree - I said I thought the subs were the correct ones to make - it just didn't work out......

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Five consecutive league defeats is stinking form, and fifteen points from twelve games just isn't good enough. Brilliant at the weekend in the cup, followed by another **** show in the league. It's so frustrating.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Cup final or no cup final. The manager has to go. The man is not up to the job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And here we go, didnt see you posting much the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Yes 40 odd years for me, it's been the occasional highlight, but mainly mediocrity.
    Yep - it's sport - anything can happen. That includes Hibs getting beaten and then having great results like on Sunday.

My first game was probably in 1972 / 1973 - Hibs have not been great for most of the time since then, but it's been great being a supporter.

Why don't we learn something from Man Utd (or from our history) - constantly changing manager and going through loads of players achieves nothing. Stick with Jack Rossand the team and hopefully celebrate a Cup win.

Would we rather be in Hibs position - or Hearts, Aberdeen or Dundee Utd?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post

No - it's typical that a group of 20 year olds celebrate a great result on Sunday and that their heads aren't in the right place for a big game on the Wednesday.

Cut them some slack - it happens.

Porteous is a massive miss as he brings a drive and enthusiasm that we sadly lack when he's not in the side.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Mitchell - 3rd choice goalkeeper from Clyde and unlikely to ever play a first team game for us.
    Tait - Back on loan at Raith Rovers as obviously not deemed ready to play first team football for us at the moment.

1 successful signing out of 6 is dreadful. I realise Tait may still turn out to be a success, same with MacKay (although I do have my doubts) but we really needed players to come in and do a job immediately.

Wood and Scott have so far been a waste of time and have offered us nothing.
    Tait was loaned back to Raith as part of the transfer agreement, nothing to do with him not being ready for the first team, that wasnt hibs choice. He will join us in January, whether he will be part of the first team is up to Ross but reports seem to say the lad has potential

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Porteous is a massive miss as he brings a drive and enthusiasm that we sadly lack when he's not in the side.
    Correct. He's our best player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Tait was loaned back to Raith as part of the transfer agreement, nothing to do with him not being ready for the first team, that wasnt hibs choice. He will join us in January, whether he will be part of the first team is up to Ross but reports seem to say the lad has potential
    Fair enough, I'm not privvy to the ins and outs of transfer agreements so happy to accept the word of someone who is.

I just would have thought if he was ready to play for us in the summer Hibs would have made sure that he wasn't loaned back to Raith Rovers.

Hopefully when he joins us in January he will be ready to play immediately as it's badly needed and it becomes 2 decent signings out of 6.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Correct. He's our best player.
    I'd say there's an argument he's certainly our second most important player after Boyle.

He just has a passion and will to win that seems infectious when he plays. I don't see that in other players.

Left by mutual consent!
    Nisbet is actually not good enough for us. He's not tough enough, doesn't work hard enough and can only score when the circumstances are perfect for him. He's not the type of striker that can make a goal out of nothing. The header and half volley attempts that he had last night were good chances but shocking efforts from him, half hearted attempts.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90274 View Post
    Nisbet is actually not good enough for us. He's not tough enough, doesn't work hard enough and can only score when the circumstances are perfect for him. He's not the type of striker that can make a goal out of nothing. The header and half volley attempts that he had last night were good chances but shocking efforts from him, half hearted attempts.
    Haven't you watched any of the goals he has scored for us. Just needs a couple of goals to get up and running. He was excellent on Sunday including build up to the second goal but you were probably watching that game from behind a couch.

Quote Originally Posted by noz View Post
    we get a great result, then are brought crashing back down to earth, Weve been like this for as long as I can remember, and thats a few years!
    50 odd for me and counting and probably the same for the majority of clubs in the land other than rantic.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Haven't you watched any of the goals he has scored for us. Just needs a couple of goals to get up and running. He was excellent on Sunday including build up to the second goal but you were probably watching that game from behind a couch.
    So is our season all about Sunday now?

Our league form needs sorted out quickly. Is a player like Nisbet up for the fight? I'm not so sure.

Nisbet has been average for pretty much the whole season.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    So is our season all about Sunday now?

Our league form needs sorted out quickly. Is a player like Nisbet up for the fight? I'm not so sure.

Nisbet has been average for pretty much the whole season.
    If we win the cup then yes? Was the argument last season no that most people would rather win trophies than finish third?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If we win the cup then yes? Was the argument last season no that most people would rather win trophies than finish third?
    Granted, if we win the cup and stay up the league finish won't really matter but... We really can't afford to slide into a relegation battle with this current side, I don't think that would end well. It would be a monumental disaster.

Granted, if we win the cup and stay up the league finish won't really matter but... We really can't afford to slide into a relegation battle with this current side, I don't think that would end well. It would be a monumental disaster.
    This current side is one of the best we've had in years, when we get a full squad back we'll climb the table. What makes you think we won't?

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Window was so bad when you look at it spelled out...

I cannot believe this was solely the fault of Mathie though. Hoping it was as it'll mean we have chance to have superb January window but I won't hold my breath.
    This is my concern (that it wasn’t all down to Mathie).

There will probably be huge pressure on Hibs to salvage the season with an exceptional window - and the last one was atrocious.

Has enough changed for us to have confidence that we’re going to do the business we so badly need?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    This current side is one of the best we've had in years, when we get a full squad back we'll climb the table. What makes you think we won't?
    Does it have the fight for a scrappy battle if we continue to slide? Based on our performances so far this season I'm not so sure, look at the current league run we are on. How many shockers have we had at home?

We have 1 away win all season and that was on the opening day and our home record isn't great.

Does it have the fight for a scrappy battle if we continue to slide? Based on our performances so far this season I'm not so sure, look at the current league run we are on. How many shockers have we had at home?

We have 1 away win all season and that was on the opening day and our home record isn't great.
    When we get anything like a full squad back do you think we will improve? I think there's no doubt we will.