hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hibs Fans Today

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have lost my voice, genuinely can't speak. Non stop support from all of us there today. Outstanding. Wish we could bottle that for run of the mill league games at ER. Absolutely fantastic from each and every Hibby there today, from players and coaching staff to all the fans. So so proud. 10000 once again outsung the Orc hordes
    Me too.

I have to say I was pretty emotionally knackered at half time - could have done with a lie down. Brilliant at the end, think we all knew when Goldsons shot went over the bar that was it.

Fans were brilliant today.

Sometimes only having "the core" of fans actually helps imv

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Why was there no Sunshine on Leith. Enjoyed Boyler on fire but been an age since a proper Sunshine on Leith

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Why was there no Sunshine on Leith. Enjoyed Boyler on fire but been an age since a proper Sunshine on Leith
    Saving it for the final.

Fans were amazing.

Absolute scenes when the goals went in.

Brilliant at the end also. Fair effort from Block 7 also behind the goal too with the drum.

Very funny with the waving of cheerio especially to those in south upper.

Gerrard chant was also hilarious near the end.

Doidge got a fantastic welcome back when he came on.

One of the best games for a long time and definitely brought back 2016 memories of beating the huns.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 21-11-2021 at 09:24 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    It was a magnificent day. Don’t come around often enough but I’m enjoying it.

Brilliant performance across the board.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Saving it for the final.
    I'm greedy do it at both

First Team Breakthrough
    I was shattered by half time celebrating 3 goals chucking my laddie about for his first time at hampden, glad the hibs players kept the energy up in the second half. Bus going home after a result like that was quiet, will say again down to emotionally draining game
    Of football 💚🇳🇬

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Me too.

I have to say I was pretty emotionally knackered at half time - could have done with a lie down. Brilliant at the end, think we all knew when Goldsons shot went over the bar that was it.

Fans were brilliant today.

Sometimes only having "the core" of fans actually helps imv
    Just after my post I see this, most were in same
    Boat few occasions hibs songs were sang. We done really well in second half and Rangers didn’t threaten apart from Couple
    Times

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Class atmosphere lost my voice. Some old hun threw up a ****** gesture at me when a was Passing the coach 😂 what a knobhead wouldn't do that to anyone his own age 🤣. There was some sound rangers fans we saw even thought it's a rarity haha.
    We outsung them the whole match. Wheres your famous atmosphere ????

Scenes at each Boyler goal. 95 minute backing, but voice gone after 20. The bitter sweet nerves of a two goal lead. Doing the Hibee bounce. Saying cheerio to the thousands of sevcovians who scarpered before FT. Celebrations at the whistle and when the players came over. A magic evening.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Brilliant from the Hibs fans today.

Reminded me so much of the 2004 semi final when we were outnumbered but gave great backing.

This is how Hibs supports should be, getting behind the players and being positive, the players feed off it.

Woke up on the bus home, to discover that my voice had gone

A brilliant performance from the team and fans ... have to feel sorry for the thousands who couldn't make it today for absolutely sound reasons, such a shame that so many weren't able to be there, hopefully they can make it to the final.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

Reminded me so much of the 2004 semi final when we were outnumbered but gave great backing.

This is how Hibs supports should be, getting behind the players and being positive, the players feed off it.
    There wasn’t many of us there that night but bit more
    Today makes it even sweeter

Left by mutual consent!
    Boyle on fire....

https://youtu.be/3YP7wKIZVqI

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Woke up on the bus home, to discover that my voice had gone

A brilliant performance from the team and fans ... have to feel sorry for the thousands who couldn't make it today for absolutely sound reasons, such a shame that so many weren't able to be there, hopefully they can make it to the final.
    Bumped into lad I know at who wasn’t vaccinated he’s got diabetes obv not going to game, but if I’m right in saying people with certain illnesses couldnt have the jag

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    How good is that

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

Just landed back into 'The big smoke' Dougray Scott on the same flight and he was buzzing. Best atmosphere since the Cup Final win in 2016 imo. Fans never stopped from first minute on absolutely amazing scenes

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    So many similarities to the 2004 semi final. All the fans were up for it from the start and gave the team a huge boost. I hope we sell out a 50/50 split for the final, i'm sure we will, but a lot has to be said for the smaller core support when it comes to days like today.

@hibs.net private member St.Kristopher's Avatar
    Amazing today. My 7 yr lad (first time a Hampden) loved having some of the singing section around him in section G. My wife was less impressed when they broke her seat after the second. Though fair play to her, she took the view that there was no point in sitting down anyways. This was coming from a non-football fan at the start of the season, which shows how quickly HFC gets into your veins.

Note to the half-cut boy behind playing with the bauble on her hat. If my lad weren't there, she would have sparkled you. 🤣😜

Joking as the aside lads in the back row of section G6, thanks for bringing the noise!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by St.Kristopher View Post
    Amazing today. My 7 yr lad (first time a Hampden) loved having some of the singing section around him in section G. My wife was less impressed when they broke her seat after the second. Though fair play to her, she took the view that there was no point in sitting down anyways. This was coming from a non-football fan at the start of the season, which shows how quickly HFC gets into your veins.

Note to the half-cut boy behind playing with the bauble on her hat. If my lad weren't there, she would have sparkled you. 🤣😜

Joking as the aside lads in the back row of section G6, thanks for bringing the noise!
    I had my boy same age as yours at the game,, asking how i knew so many people.. was amazing seeing so many familiar faces.. he did also say don’t pick me up again if hibs score as he ended up on the steps with me on top of him

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk1875 View Post
    Bumped into lad I know at who wasn’t vaccinated he’s got diabetes obv not going to game, but if I’m right in saying people with certain illnesses couldnt have the jag

i'm type one and have had all three jags, AND a flu jag, type 1's absolutely should have the vaccines as we/they/he already has a weakened immune system as it is, anyway back on topic....great support from all who went

i bet Dougray Scott was singling along as well :)

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Brilliant support. I was well drunk by kick off and the the game itself is a bit of a blur
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    The fans were brilliant what an atmosphere. In the South Stand just like the old days everybody standing up singing , taunting the Huns.
    Quiet at half time because everyone was in shock , 2nd half brilliant again .
    Final whistle celebration with the players Stokes on fire very quickly changed to Boyle’s on fire.
    ‘One Steven Gerard ‘you could feel the Huns rage.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I’m sounding awfy croaky this morning. 😁

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    The fans were outstanding. Id put it up there as one of the best crowds I've been in. From walking into the ground to leaving the buzz was phenomenal. My legs are covered in bruises from the celebrations

Spine tingling. Right up there with the best atmospheres i've been involved in. 10k of us felt like 50k. My throat is on fire, i've got bruises all over me from over celebrating and i'm sore in places i didn't think i could be sore. Feels like i've gone 12 rounds with Tyson Fury and i would not change a bloody thing about it. What a day. Mates, pints and a utterly magnificent performance. Never stopped singing. Cannot get the smile off my face today.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S View Post
    The fans were outstanding. Id put it up there as one of the best crowds I've been in. From walking into the ground to leaving the buzz was phenomenal. My legs are covered in bruises from the celebrations
    That dafty in the orange trousers when we were walking to the ground got me right up for it. Hope he is suffering today.

My voice is gone today. It just felt like one of those nights that was going to be special from very early on. Everyone was up for it entering the stadium, you could only hear the Hibs fans, their couple of lame efforts at Derry's Walls got booed and shouted down within seconds of starting and even when you could sense the nerves early in the 2nd half someone started a song or a chant and everyone joined in.

I think it will be one of those games people will reference years down the line.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    That is absolutely sensational.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    My throat feels like I’ve been swallowing crushed glass. Usually a symptom of an unbelievable 90 minutes! I am absolutely buzzing this morning.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

One of those games after which you you wake up the next morning and your first thought is ‘Did that really happen.’
    To share that whole experience with family and friends was perfect. Like others here my throat is like sandpaper today and I’ll be finding new bruises for days to come. Football at its best, nothing else comes close.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.