hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hibs on Tik Tok

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the over 40s, what’s Tik Tok
    A robot character in Return to Oz I think?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Could you clarify in what way that would be a useful tool for a football club?

I'm not really getting that part of it, but genuinely interested as to how it would be useful.
    Greater engagement and reach with younger demographics. The greater the engagement we have across different demographics the more attractive we will be to potential commercial partners.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Greater engagement and reach with younger demographics. The greater the engagement we have across different demographics the more attractive we will be to potential commercial partners.

Our commercial partners piggy-back on our marketing, in the same way they get exposure on the traditional media such as TV and billboards.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post

The days when media duties consisted of weekly press conferences and cosy chats with a handful of chosen journalists has long gone.

Yes it’s a bit annoying that Hibs put stuff on Tik Tok for those of us that don’t use that platform, but what you gonna do? You’ve got to go where the audience is or risk being left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Could you clarify in what way that would be a useful tool for a football club?

I'm not really getting that part of it, but genuinely interested as to how it would be useful.
    It has about 690 million active users worldwide and is considerably more popular among teens and early 20s than Facebook.

Whilst the impact may be limited it's about getting a brand out there. There are certain sectors where multiple social media platforms are essential. Sport is one of them. I reckon our various commercial partners will be pretty we aren't being left behind in this sphere.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Hatrick View Post
    I think they make sense being on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Hibs TV. To a lesser extent they make sense on Instagram and they would make no sense on say Tick Tock are Snapchat imo.
    I agree, and that's the point I'm making. Currently the post match interviews eventually appear on twitter and nowhere else. They used to be on Hibs TV. Rationalisation is what I'd like to see.

I appreciate that Tik Tok should probably be used for content targeted at a younger audience and a presence across different social media platforms is par for the course nowadays, but the output still needs to be properly structured and released - and I don't think that's currently the case.

For example, I think subscribers to Hibs TV should have access to all video stuff without having to scour around on different platforms.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Information for my fellow over 60’s group, my grandson tells me this is not about a clock.

Tik Tok content wouldn't translate well to the club's official website, Facebook, and arguably Twitter. It's a bonus and I'm glad we're doing it. One of the biggest and fastest growing social networks in the world and taps in to an entirely different demographic.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    So will we be getting Darren doing a ‘show us your baggy fit’ vid?

There will be a few ladies and a number of man crush fans waiting for that one I’m sure

Hibs Tik Tok

Tok Tok is great, highly addictive and I am way older then the demographic it’s aimed at.
    Glad to see Hibs embrace it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Kay-Yay View Post
    Facebook
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Tiktok
    YouTube

All have different demographics and are unique in their own way.

See no problem with Hibs having content in TikTok. They must have done their research or had feedback that it’s worth having content in there. Keeps our communication diverse.

Think of it like midfielders. We have RW RM CM CDM DM LM LW AM etc. They are all midfielders but play a different role.
    Think it's important to be over all media platforms and I'd hope we submit content to the right platform for the right demographic. I'm sure tick-tock is bigger than YouTube now and will be used for the 30 second silly clips that will appeal to the people that use that platform.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I think you have hit the nail on the head, tick tock is for the younger lot i think, and us older ones will probably be more youtube and emails and maybe a little bit of facebook?

Instagram and tick tock seem more for the younger ones, and maybe the club are trying to hit everyone they can?

Personally i find anything the club send out on any media quite bland and hardly worth my while reading, and in the main it all eventually ends up on here anyway.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I agree, and that's the point I'm making. Currently the post match interviews eventually appear on twitter and nowhere else. They used to be on Hibs TV. Rationalisation is what I'd like to see.

I appreciate that Tik Tok should probably be used for content targeted at a younger audience and a presence across different social media platforms is par for the course nowadays, but the output still needs to be properly structured and released - and I don't think that's currently the case.

For example, I think subscribers to Hibs TV should have access to all video stuff without having to scour around on different platforms.
    I agree but expect that the scarcity of and slow to be added Hibs tv content will relate perhaps in no small part to the current inevitably small number of paying subscribers. The free service for season ticket holders will have resulted in domestic subscriptions falling last year and the resulting lack of attention to that platform will have made that worse.

This may have been a planned new approach from new comms team though I think taking a targeted approach to differing audiences would not inevitably have killed off a directly paying existing audience. I just look at Twitter and YouTube now as they have effectively suffocated Hibs tv with lack of content and just don’t fancy recast.

@hibs.net private member
    Frankly it's embarrassing, no evidence of Hibs on MySpace or Bebo. Petrie!!!!!

Get with the programme grandads!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    Get with the programme grandads!
    I'm a granny and I can shuffle up the stairs with the best of them

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Good on them - it’s huge among u-21s in the UK and globally so it makes complete and utter sense we establish a foothold.

I don’t know why folk can’t just read the stuff they like to read and don’t bother with the other stuff. I don’t have Facebook, Instagram, tic toc and I don’t think what am I missing out on. I will check Twitter and find that’s as up to date as I need the others I have no interest in and I’m fine with that 😁

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    My daughter (10) is a Tik Tok watcher, but her account was set up through my phone and all her notifications come up on my phone as well as hers. She’s never been that keen to date on football or Hibs, but has been to the odd game. Started getting notifications from Hibs Tik Tok so she’s obviously followed them. The outlet might get her more into Hibs than from boring old dad ..

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    Frankly it's embarrassing, no evidence of Hibs on MySpace or Bebo. Petrie!!!!!
    I Asked Jeeves and he wasn't much help either 😁

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Bring back Bebo!

Tick tock is chinese spyware, no thanks.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Never been on any of them

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Wasn't shocked to see some folk have another pop at the club, personally think its great they are going to have tik tok despite not using it myself, its clearly the popular app at the moment and if it gets a few more people interested in the club then great

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    My daughter (10) is a Tik Tok watcher, but her account was set up through my phone and all her notifications come up on my phone as well as hers. She’s never been that keen to date on football or Hibs, but has been to the odd game. Started getting notifications from Hibs Tik Tok so she’s obviously followed them. The outlet might get her more into Hibs than from boring old dad ..
    And there you have it. Essential for Hibs and essential for our commercial partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Wasn't shocked to see some folk have another pop at the club, personally think its great they are going to have tik tok despite not using it myself, its clearly the popular app at the moment and if it gets a few more people interested in the club then great
    I don't think anyone's having a go at the club for using Tik Tok - far from it, and it certainly wasn't the reason I started the thread.

All I was getting at is that, although there's currently a lot of media output from the club, how it's released seems a bit confused with different things appearing in different places - especially between Hibs TV, YouTube, Facebook & Twitter which are all suited to similar content (especially for the likes of interviews or goal highlights).

For example, the evening or morning after a match you often have to search on different platforms to find an interview on one, goal highlights on another, matche highlights eventually on yet another.

I just think there's work to be done to improve this.

I don't think anyone's having a go at the club for using Tik Tok - far from it, and it certainly wasn't the reason I started the thread.

All I was getting at is that, although there's currently a lot of media output from the club, how it's released seems a bit confused with different things appearing in different places - especially between Hibs TV, YouTube, Facebook & Twitter which are all suited to similar content (especially for the likes of interviews or goal highlights).

For example, the evening or morning after a match you often have to search on different platforms to find an interview on one, goal highlights on another, matche highlights eventually on yet another.

I just think there's work to be done to improve this.
    Certainly looked like a pop(moan), tik tok is a cracking way to get people interested in the club, many younger folk dont do facebook or twitter now and who checks emails now unless you are expecting something or working, so why wouldnt we explore the newest platform, even if it gets one more bum on a seat or one more person buying something online then ots worked, it's free advertisement so a win win

Certainly looked like a pop(moan), tik tok is a cracking way to get people interested in the club, many younger folk dont do facebook or twitter now and who checks emails now unless you are expecting something or working, so why wouldnt we explore the newest platform, even if it gets one more bum on a seat or one more person buying something online then ots worked, it's free advertisement so a win win
    I've absolutely nothing against the club using Tik Tok - as I said in the OP, it's good that we're present on all these platforms.

I just think that we should probably manage the existing output better before publishing even more elsewhere.

I've absolutely nothing against the club using Tik Tok - as I said in the OP, it's good that we're present on all these platforms.

I just think that we should probably manage the existing output better before publishing even more elsewhere.
    Just had a look at the post on twitter for the competition they have for hospitality, currently sitting at 644 replies, they will know they wouldnt get this on FB so the aim of it has worked, they will know what gets most views/comments, thats why we employ(im guessing) analytical staff

Just had a look at the post on twitter for the competition they have for hospitality, currently sitting at 644 replies, they will know they wouldnt get this on FB so the aim of it has worked, they will know what gets most views/comments, thats why we employ(im guessing) analytical staff
    That's a response based competition though which wouldn't really work on multiple plaforms - not the same thing as a post match interview.