hibs.net Messageboard

Where we go from here

During Fergie's time at Aberdeen, they had a real siege mentality in their view of the OF, and Fergie used this to motivate his players and never missed an opportunity to call out any misjustice (ether real or perceived)

Personally, I'm sick of Hibs being a walk over for these Peepul and wish we would adopt the same mentality and use today's game as a line in the sand, that we're going to beat these Peepul at every opportunity, and call out the cheating and unfair treatment.

GIRUY ya bunch of biased, bigoted, racist, cheating Ar5eholes!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    During Fergie's time at Aberdeen, they had a real siege mentality in their view of the OF, and Fergie used this to motivate his players and never missed an opportunity to call out any misjustice (ether real or perceived)

Personally, I'm sick of Hibs being a walk over for these Peepul and wish we would adopt the same mentality and use today's game as a line in the sand, that we're going to beat these Peepul at every opportunity, and call out the cheating and unfair treatment.

We aren't a walkover in any way, shape or form.

If we were they wouldn't need a dodgy red card to beat us.

I think we'll do alright. We were very comfortable until the red card. Rangers hadn't even had a shot on target by HT. Could easily have won that game with 11 men. We will emerge stronger from this.
    Last edited by Since452; 03-10-2021 at 06:00 PM.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    We go onwards and upwards. Going to be a really good season I reckon. Should be a good battle for third with Hearts. One that I reckon we'll win!

Crap result but already buzzing for the Dundee United game in a few weeks.

We will do them in the semi, no doubt at all.

Testimonial Due
    I do at times wish Jack Ross would just be abit more forward in interviews. Even just throw on a pair of green tinted specs now and again. You’ve got Gerrard bleating all sorts after the game ‘leg breaker’ ‘kid doesn’t learn’ etc etc. Even if Ross thinks Porto shouldn’t give the ref a decision to make he should be coming out and telling Slippy G to pipe down about one of his players.

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    I do at times wish Jack Ross would just be abit more forward in interviews. Even just throw on a pair of green tinted specs now and again. You’ve got Gerrard bleating all sorts after the game ‘leg breaker’ ‘kid doesn’t learn’ etc etc. Even if Ross thinks Porto shouldn’t give the ref a decision to make he should be coming out and telling Slippy G to pipe down about one of his players.
    I’d rather have the honesty of Jack Ross then the garbage we get from the likes of Slippy. We shouldn’t be sinking to their level in any way.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I’d rather have the honesty of Jack Ross then the garbage we get from the likes of Slippy. We shouldn’t be sinking to their level in any way.
    " There's first class.....Then there's Hibs class....!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Gerrard’s comments were a total disgrace. He has no business commenting on another team’s player in the way that he did. It’s pure Old Firm entitlement mixed with quite deliberate **** stirring. I’d argue it’s effectively bringing the game into disrepute. There is no way they would sit quietly and take that about one of their players coming from JR.

Thought his interview was bang on the money. Especially the part about being angry because he had to be angry at our players. We could have seen that out with 10 men if we'd defended two crosses better. Let Gerrard talk. I'll tell you something, Easter Road under the lights in December is going to be very tasty.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    What’s hibs class? Play good football but when it matters go missing? Before anybody tells me where it comes from I know. Being the nice guy gets you nowt in life. Time we had a bit of balls about us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tmb1875 View Post
    What’s hibs class? Play good football but when it matters go missing? Before anybody tells me where it comes from I know. Being the nice guy gets you nowt in life. Time we had a bit of balls about us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is a race not a sprint. Hopefully, but pretty sure we'll be smarter in the semi! Granted, nowt we can do about the masonry!

We have a massive chance in the semi.

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    So by not calling out Rangers this is 'Hibs class'? Far too soft as a club hidden under the guise of 'Hibs class'

These threads never have an example of a manager calling our a referee actually working.

Minimum tickets for old firm on visits to Easter road

Would rather we give 90% of the stand to kids who can’t afford to attend the games with an adult too. Good for the community. good for hibs.

Keeps that lot out.

Left by mutual consent!

I wish Jack Ross was savy enough to realise that a siege mentality is exactly what we need. This team is capable of challenging. We need Jack Ross to be on a mission to stick it up Glasgow and not look to sit on the fence in case a job offer comes his way in future.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Gerrard’s comments were a total disgrace. He has no business commenting on another team’s player in the way that he did. It’s pure Old Firm entitlement mixed with quite deliberate **** stirring. I’d argue it’s effectively bringing the game into disrepute. There is no way they would sit quietly and take that about one of their players coming from JR.
    His comments are a disgrace but he's not daft, he knows he's keeping a narrative going for both his club and against one of our players.

We've rarely been a walk over for Rangers or Celtic in recent years and would likely have taken at least a point today without what was IMHO a very harsh sending-off.

I think a lot of people have misunderstood my 'walk over' comment.

I wasn't in any way saying our team was being walked over yesterday, I'm talking about the way those in charge don't make more of a fuss about yet again being on the receiving end of a questionable decision against them and yet the club, and HC, make no fuss whatsoever.

TBH, I think our players have to put more pressure on the refs during the games by making more of a fuss.

I think a lot of people have misunderstood my 'walk over' comment.

I wasn't in any way saying our team was being walked over yesterday, I'm talking about the way those in charge don't make more of a fuss about yet again being on the receiving end of a questionable decision against them and yet the club, and HC, make no fuss whatsoever.

TBH, I think our players have to put more pressure on the refs during the games by making more of a fuss.
    Door mat might be an apt description.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Where do we go from here? To Hampden next month where we’ll put things right.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    These threads never have an example of a manager calling our a referee actually working.
    I would argue Hearts never shy about digging a ref out and get disproportionate amount of decisions imo.