hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I dont want it, it has ruined spontaneous goal celebrations, my first reaction now when a goal is scored is to see if there is a VAR.

It has taken a huge bit of my enjoyment away from football.

It will come though, and hopefully even the most bent refs we have in Scotland wont still disallow some of the awful decisions we've seen at Hibs.

Surely to god with the whole country watching they still wont be able to stick to their obviously wrong decisions .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Like a lot of people, I'm in two minds about this.

If it reduces the number of unawarded goals and penalties, then great.

Need to see how it works in practice, though.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    There were 3 or 4 big decisions turned right around correctly last week in the Premiership. If it reduces offside goals that a lino should see, eg Huns v Well, reduces the penalties one team seem to have more than every other team combined. Fine. It may have cleared up the 3rd goal against St Mirren wasnt touched by Boyle. Yes, we'll lose out occasionally but there's a couple of teams out there that should lose out a lot. Imagine the celebration after VAR changes the Griffiths or Foster disallowed goals?
    VAR in season two works well dan saff because of the high number of cameras around the pitch. It'll never work properly if it left to AI feeds like Cove. I'll assume the high cost comes with an increase in camera coverage around the key areas of the pitch.
    I'd prefer to have it than not.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Maybe this will be the opposite of the poll tax debacle.

IE introduce it in England a year earlier, everyone is up in arms, go back to the drawing board, change it then make it the same for everyone.

Perhaps we could organise a riot in George square?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I didn’t want it anywhere near Scotland. Crap system, as many others have said goal celebrations are being strangled at birth because of it. Another step towards an almost completely sanitised sterile game.

Celtic and Sevco would be the big losers in this if it's implemented professionally and without bias. I can't see them voting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it stops the blatant bias in favour of the OF then I'm all for it.

It won't, though. So I'm not.
    There is no way anything will change, no one does anything about the decisions they get now, so nothing will change

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Which games have you attended with VAR? A mate down south says everyone's used to the delay now, this season it's even better.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Two ligue one games in Marseille and a Europa league tie. In two of the games there were goals chalked off after a delay, I think in one of the games it happened twice and for the third goal, you could hear and see the noise and excitement was lessened because fans were wondering, is this a goal, or isn’t it? There was about 8 minutes in total out of the 90 which felt like you were waiting for a bus.

But even if the system ran 100% smoothly like clockwork, I’d still hate VAR. It takes something away from the goal moment, which is the best thing about going to games.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 02-10-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    You can score with the top of your arm.
    My point is different football associates interpreted differently, if borderline the advantage was always supposed to be for the attacher

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Spoils the fluency of the game.

Kick it right out!!
    Much prefer sheite decisions and accusations of refs cheating.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Much prefer sheite decisions and accusations of refs cheating.
    we’ve had a few go our way to be fair

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    Celtic and Sevco would be the big losers in this if it's implemented professionally and without bias. I can't see them voting for it.
    It won’t be implemented professionally though, it will be implemented and controlled by the same part-time refs who you accuse of having bias. If they are biased now while reffing in front of thousands of spectators and the TV cameras what’s to stop them being biased when hidden away in a booth on some industrial estate somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    It won’t be implemented professionally though, it will be implemented and controlled by the same part-time refs who you accuse of having bias. If they are biased now while reffing in front of thousands of spectators and the TV cameras what’s to stop them being biased when hidden away in a booth on some industrial estate somewhere.
    The real obvious mistakes will be rectified.

There may be some scope for bias in marginal incidents, but even still, the pressure to get them right will be far greater than the current situation where a ref can just say "that's how I saw it at the time".
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

The real obvious mistakes will be rectified.

There may be some scope for bias in marginal incidents, but even still, the pressure to get them right will be far greater than the current situation where a ref can just say "that's how I saw it at the time".
    That’s how it’s supposed to work but not how it works in reality, the idea of whether something is a clear and obvious error is entirely subjective and the decisions will be in the same hands as they currently are. You say there will be far greater pressure to get incidents right, but pressure from who? The refereeing fraternity will back their own regardless as they have always done and the sports press of this country won’t give a bad decision a second thought unless it negatively impacts one of the old firm.

I didn’t suggest refs were biased by the way - I was responding to another poster who called them biased.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    That’s how it’s supposed to work but not how it works in reality, the idea of whether something is a clear and obvious error is entirely subjective and the decisions will be in the same hands as they currently are. You say there will be far greater pressure to get incidents right, but pressure from who? The refereeing fraternity will back their own regardless as they have always done and the sports press of this country won’t give a bad decision a second thought unless it negatively impacts one of the old firm.

I didn’t suggest refs were biased by the way - I was responding to another poster who called them biased.
    I know you didn't. People even say that they're deliberately corrupt though and I do think VAR would help.

As with everything, the proof will be in the pudding. If clubs decide against, it'll show our league to be out of step with the "major leagues" so I think it will come in

I'll welcome it as I see more plusses than negatives. I'm not going to try to persuade anyone though. I've realised that's a futile pursuit for everyone! 😊

I don't doubt it will be here in the next couple seasons, as it progresses across most leagues throughout Europe it's only a matter of time.

I know you didn't. People even say that they're deliberately corrupt though and I do think VAR would help.

As with everything, the proof will be in the pudding. If clubs decide against, it'll show our league to be out of step with the "major leagues" so I think it will come in

I'll welcome it as I see more plusses than negatives. I'm not going to try to persuade anyone though. I've realised that's a futile pursuit for everyone! 😊
    At a cost of £11k+ per match (not including initial infrastructure set up costs) for clubs I reckon we will decide against it because we can’t afford to be in step with the top leagues. That’s the equivalent of weekly wages for 5-8 first team players at our level. We could of course end up with some stripped down, basic version which is a shadow of what is used in the major leagues.

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Can’t come in soon enough after today
    Hibernian Football Club

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Today is an example of why it won't be brought in up here. VAR probably means Pirto stays on, their equaliser is offside and perhaps maybe even one if their players sent off. Won't ever happen unless it benefits the bigot twins

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    Can’t come in soon enough after today
    It won’t make a difference. It will be the same corrupt officials operating it.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    It won’t make a difference. It will be the same corrupt officials operating it.
    The thing is though - I think you accept the decision better if it's been properly scrutinised by VAR, even if you don't agree with it.

Today's red card - I've not seen it, but even our own fans appear to be split on it having seen it a few times.

The ref gets one look with an entire stadium on his back. I just can't accept that folk think that is preferable, and I take on board the opinions about breaking up play. Games are better spectacles when the big decisions are correct. There are still some which are a matter of opinion but it is better when there are fewer of those.

Left by mutual consent!
    Need VAR in Scotland ASAP.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I dont want it, it has ruined spontaneous goal celebrations, my first reaction now when a goal is scored is to see if there is a VAR.

It has taken a huge bit of my enjoyment away from football.

It will come though, and hopefully even the most bent refs we have in Scotland wont still disallow some of the awful decisions we've seen at Hibs.

Surely to god with the whole country watching they still wont be able to stick to their obviously wrong decisions .

What's the point as we will just have a Mason doing the VAR and giving us just as bad or worse decisions.

It's pointless us playing these c###ts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk