hibs.net Messageboard

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1505
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Aw, we could have hung on to him for a wee while 😂
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you believe this is a U.K. government issue?
    The UK Government is making a complete shop front of this - vaccines minister said the other day passports were in, then Javid said they were out, Boris agreed..........and today Boris the Buffoon said that "something may happen later in the Autumn" and "we wont rule anything out".

They simply cant make a decision that they think might annoy their support...........until everything down there goes breasts skywards again and they will almost certainly follow Scotland.

Clueless spangles.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    The UK Government is making a complete shop front of this - vaccines minister said the other day passports were in, then Javid said they were out, Boris agreed..........and today Boris the Buffoon said that "something may happen later in the Autumn" and "we wont rule anything out".

They simply cant make a decision that they think might annoy their support...........until everything down there goes breasts skywards again and they will almost certainly follow Scotland.

Clueless spangles.
    Not any worse than the Scottish Government forcing through a covid passport vote when neither they nor the msp’s Who were voting had a clue of what they were voting for , who it would affect , or how it was going to be implemented .

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Get on here and you’ll have it in a couple of minutes -

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-...ination-status
    I don’t have my invitation letter. The username is only provided on that and not on the certificate. It was binned after I received the letter confirming my vaccination status.

I am not too bothered as I expect a humiliating backtrack by the Scottish Government before long.

Anyone vaccinated in England who plans to come up to Easter road after October 1st will currently not be able to, as the passport only includes people vaccinated in Scotland
    There seems to be a suggestion that this will be sorted by 1st October so hopefully that will be the case.

It surely can't be difficult for people from other parts of the UK to prove their vaccination status to allow them to attend nightclubs and large events in Scotland.

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone vaccinated in England who plans to come up to Easter road after October 1st will currently not be able to, as the passport only includes people vaccinated in Scotland
    Anyone vaccinated in England and wishing to travel abroad has no difficulty getting a vaccine “passport”. Surely that will be sufficient to get in to ER? After all, it’s sufficient to get in to France etc..

It would be surprising if people travelling from Ireland or N Ireland have any difficulty too.
    Last edited by CentreLine; 14-09-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Anyone vaccinated in England and wishing to travel abroad has no difficulty getting a vaccine “passport”. Surely that will be sufficient to get in to ER? After all, it’s sufficient to get in to France etc..
    According to the article below as things stand just now, anyone wanting to attend Easter Road from next month won't be able to attend unless they were vaccinated in Scotland.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...s-55718553.amp

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    According to the article below as things stand just now, anyone wanting to attend Easter Road from next month won't be able to attend unless they were vaccinated in Scotland.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...s-55718553.amp
    Perhaps. Be very surprised if that’s not inaccurate by the end of the month. Not worth getting excited about right now. However, we’ll worth being annoyed about if it’s not smoothed out by the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Perhaps. Be very surprised if that’s not inaccurate by the end of the month. Not worth getting excited about right now. However, we’ll worth being annoyed about if it’s not smoothed out by the end of the month.
    Agreed it definitely needs to be rectified before this goes live.

Left by mutual consent!

Clueless spangles.
    They are definitely not following Scotland. It's the other way round more like!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    My vaccine passport has the NHS logo for all 4 home nations. One decides this week not to go ahead then the residents of that nation no longer have covid passports.
    That's not correct they have one and can use to travel, use in Europe or any country that asks for them, use in venues that chose to need one. Scotlands app won't be able to take them or someone from say France just now, but should be updated hopefully in time

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    They are definitely not following Scotland. It's the other way round more like!
    Did England introduce vaccine passports? Are they intending to do so before 1st October?

The answer to both is no....................

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I don’t have my invitation letter. The username is only provided on that and not on the certificate. It was binned after I received the letter confirming my vaccination status.

I am not too bothered as I expect a humiliating backtrack by the Scottish Government before long.
    That site you can recover your username if you know the date of either your first or second jag. You can then register and download your certificate.

i was the same> go on nhs inform scroll down to recover username and its simple

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58681116

I see Scottish Gov. ditching plans to keep negative covid tests before flying to Scotland. Deciding to follow rest of U K.

Whats the chances of the the covid passports going the same way ?

Did England introduce vaccine passports? Are they intending to do so before 1st October?

The answer to both is no....................
    Probably because they know it wont work.

I was in Liverpool last weekend and most people I spoke to couldn't believe we still have to wear masks up here and that our Gov where still going ahead with these pointless passports.

Must admit I loved the freedom again down there and at no point did I feel the slightest bit worried about not wearing a mask in any shops, restaurants and pubs.

J
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Bryce View Post
    Probably because they know it wont work.

I was in Liverpool last weekend and most people I spoke to couldn't believe we still have to wear masks up here and that our Gov where still going ahead with these pointless passports.

Must admit I loved the freedom again down there and at no point did I feel the slightest bit worried about not wearing a mask in any shops, restaurants and pubs.
    Quite surprised at that. I was in Chesterfield and Windermere last weekend. Both hotels asked guests to wear masks when moving about and staff wore them all the time. Many shops seem to have a similar policy and because I thought that it would be as you describe it was surprising to see shoppers automatically putting masks on as they went in.So I did the same as them.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    J

Quite surprised at that. I was in Chesterfield and Windermere last weekend. Both hotels asked guests to wear masks when moving about and staff wore them all the time. Many shops seem to have a similar policy and because I thought that it would be as you describe it was surprising to see shoppers automatically putting masks on as they went in.So I did the same as them.
    It was the same when I was in Yorkshire for a break recently. Most people wearing masks as you have described

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    J

Its only advisory in England at the moment.

They do, of course, retain the mandating of masks and vaccination passports in their back pocket in case their current advice and the schools going back have an impact on numbers (as they have up here).

First Team Breakthrough
    You can get vaccine status 'passports' in England, Wales and Scotland. In England any business or venue can put in place a scheme to ask for your vaccine status - just that not many do this. Also, news that UK is likely to join the EU covid vaccine database - which might mean that Scotland catches up and has a vaccine status app.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58681116

I see Scottish Gov. ditching plans to keep negative covid tests before flying to Scotland. Deciding to follow rest of U K.

Whats the chances of the the covid passports going the same way ?
    Invite the virus in and rely on the vaccine seems to be the policy. If that is the case then have the courage to make vaccination mandatory

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Invite the virus in and rely on the vaccine seems to be the policy. If that is the case then have the courage to make vaccination mandatory
    A link for you I put on the covid thread

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/the-vaccinated-arent-just-as-likely-to-spread-covid/620161/

No, Vaccinated People Are Not ‘Just as Likely’ to Spread the Coronavirus as Unvaccinated People

Just back from York today !
    Everyone wearing masks in shops,Pubs and all public transport.
    Went to the theatre and had to show our vacation passport prior to entry!
    And seen no one complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    Everyone in pubs wearing masks?

How the hell would they be able to drink anything?

It’s all bloody tokenism.

We went for a meal in Bruntsfield tonight. We both had masks on for five paces going into the cafe and similarly for our exit. The rest of the time we did not wear masks. I am sure that people were really protected by us wearing masks for the 30 seconds rather than the 89 minutes 39 seconds that we did not have masks on.

Codswallop

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Codswallop

If the poster was in York and has related what he saw, how is it codswallop?

🤣

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

We went for a meal in Bruntsfield tonight. We both had masks on for five paces going into the cafe and similarly for our exit. The rest of the time we did not wear masks. I am sure that people were really protected by us wearing masks for the 30 seconds rather than the 89 minutes 39 seconds that we did not have masks on.
    I both see your point and admire your precision.

Masks are removed only when you are seated,anytime you get up from your table the mask goes on !
    I would have thought that was obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    If the poster was in York and has related what he saw, how is it codswallop?

Thanks CockneyRebel,some folks a just lost in their own little world and don't want to know the facts.