hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: HMK Rijeka

Don’t know if anyone has noticed but when you buy a ticket it takes £23, even for a concession, and it’s restricted to 4700, bloody ridiculous.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Who is making these decisions over the capacity? Is it the regional councils?

It's an absolute joke, at a minimum all seasons ticket holders should be there.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it the regional councils?
    What century are you living in? 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    What century are you living in? 😉
    Haha no idea.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Don’t know if anyone has noticed but when you buy a ticket it takes £23, even for a concession, and it’s restricted to 4700, bloody ridiculous.
    I agree with you, in fact I would suggest that anybody who has put themselves into the ballot should withdraw in protest. I will remain in the ballot just to ensure that the process works. I am happy to take one for the team

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    2nd leg is live on Premier Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Both halves?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Did I say it was ? I was just looking for clarity on my understanding of the ballot arrangements.
    I know you didn't and apologies if I offended you.

A few folk have complained on other (previous) threads about the possibility of not getting to sit in the category of seat they've paid for - if crowds were restricted. I just didn't see the point in you mentioning the ST pricing if it wasn't to have a moan.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I'd rather watch on YouTube 😉

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Both halves?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I know you didn't and apologies if I offended you.

A few folk have complained on other (previous) threads about the possibility of not getting to sit in the category of seat they've paid for - if crowds were restricted. I just didn't see the point in you mentioning the ST pricing if it wasn't to have a moan.
    Totally fine. For now all I’m wondering is what they will do, I appreciate it’s not a straightforward task from an admin point of view.

We postponed our league home game with Lokomotiva Zagreb which was scheduled between two games against Hibs.

So our coach is taking You seriously because we are allowed to postpone just one game per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    It doesn't...read it again

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    It doesn't...read it again
    I think you have been whooshed 😉

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rijeka fan View Post
    We postponed our league home game with Lokomotiva Zagreb which was scheduled between two games against Hibs.

So our coach is taking You seriously because we are allowed to postpone just one game per year.
    Thanks for that interesting to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Although it's been correctly pointed out that we hope to get more than 4,700 in for next week's game, I think the general point still stands that Rangers were told 11 days in advance what their attendance will be for their match v Livingston tomorrow (I note it's been increased even more since then) but we are only getting 3 days' notice for our match?

I realise next week's match was only officially confirmed last night but it hardly comes as a surprise that we've qualified for the next round after winning 3-0 last week.

I don't understand why Edinburgh Council couldn't have told Hibs the permitted number by now when Glasgow Council's managed to tell Rangers in plenty of time.
    Spot on absolutely shambolic. Should have been known prior to the second leg.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Spot on absolutely shambolic. Should have been known prior to the second leg.
    Exactly also my earlier point about Edinburgh Council not officially knowing until Thursday that the Rijeka match would take place doesn't apply to our first home league match next weekend. They've known for almost 7 weeks that we would be playing Ross County that weekend and we have been in level 0 for nearly 2 weeks as well.

I don't think it's good enough.

Never mind the coach what do you and your fellow supporters think of us and what the outcome of the tie may be.

Already answered.

We believe we are better side. However, we do not know how good (or bad) we are at the moment, complete attacking formation (besides Drmic and Muric) of team has been changed compared to last season. And we are still buying and selling players, nobody knows who will play against You on next Thursday.

On the other side we do not like to play against UK teams mainly because of style of play. And we do not anything about Hibernian. So, I presume everything is possible. Also, selection of judge will be of importance, judge who will let harder style of play will be in Your favour for sure.

So far we played two league games (Gorica 2-0, Istra 2-0) at home and two against Gzira United (2-0, 1-0). On Sunday we are playing against Dinamo Zagreb away so it will be the real test. We have really bad tradition on that stadium, we have been massacred more than once there. So, actually result there perhaps will not be exact fact of our quality but however we believe that we can play good game against them, especially because they will rest some players due to incoming CL qualification game against Legia on Wednesday.

Do You have a stream for Your Sunday game? We would love to see how good (or bad) are You.

Already answered.

We believe we are better side. However, we do not know how good (or bad) we are at the moment, complete attacking formation (besides Drmic and Muric) of team has been changed compared to last season. And we are still buying and selling players, nobody knows who will play against You on next Thursday.

On the other side we do not like to play against UK teams mainly because of style of play. And we do not anything about Hibernian. So, I presume everything is possible. Also, selection of judge will be of importance, judge who will let harder style of play will be in Your favour for sure.

So far we played two league games (Gorica 2-0, Istra 2-0) at home and two against Gzira United (2-0, 1-0). On Sunday we are playing against Dinamo Zagreb away so it will be the real test. We have really bad tradition on that stadium, we have been massacred more than once there. So, actually result there perhaps will not be exact fact of our quality but however we believe that we can play good game against them, especially because they will rest some players due to incoming CL qualification game against Legia on Wednesday.

Do You have a stream for Your Sunday game? We would love to see how good (or bad) are You.
    This Hibs team are not a physical side. That's a bit of a myth these days that all Scottish teams are very robust in style.

I'd imagine your players are as capable of handling themselves physically as much as the Hibs players are.
    Last edited by Since90+2; 31-07-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Already answered.

Our game tomorrow is on a paid subscription channel so no stream available but I'd imagine it would be relatively easy to find if you wanted to.

Well, as we see it up to now, we have biggest problem in the defensive midfield. I believe this is a reason we brought two defensive midfielders recently, but neither of them have played yet.

If You are not playing as Scots usually do, it will be very interesting game then.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This Hibs team are not a physical side. That's a bit of a myth these days that all Scottish teams are very robust in style.

I'd imagine your players are as capable of handling themselves physically as much as the Hibs players are.
    Agree with that last bit. You can bet Rijeka will just be more streetwise than us, know how and when to do it in a way that draws less attention from the referee.

Our game tomorrow is on a paid subscription channel so no stream available but I'd imagine it would be relatively easy to find if you wanted to.
    Found it, our PPV Arenasport 2 has it live. 17:30 our time tommorow.

I will be in Zagreb tommorow so I will put some comments on Monday.

Exactly also my earlier point about Edinburgh Council not officially knowing until Thursday that the Rijeka match would take place doesn't apply to our first home league match next weekend. They've known for almost 7 weeks that we would be playing Ross County that weekend and we have been in level 0 for nearly 2 weeks as well.

I don't think it's good enough.
    Clearly isn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    If we perform as we can we should have a chance. In 2019 the Sheep played the home leg (0-2) with 10 men for 70 mins and were abject per the BBC match report. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49324014 Might help lull the Croats into thinking we'll be easy opposition.
    I prefer to recall the 2015 meeting - this one was in their panoramic former stadium, wedged between a cliff and the Adriatic - roasting hot evening and the first part of a 5-2 aggregate win. Yes, they did beat us in 2019 though - the away leg was so-so until a late penalty and stoppage time second, but we were poor at home losing an early goal, which effectively ended it. I rate Hibs chances here as 40-60, purely as Rijeka are fairly seasoned Euro campaigners and generally very good at home. Our win there broke a long unbeaten Euro home run.

Last edited by Pablo172; 31-07-2021 at 10:58 PM.

Aberdeen - first clash was a shock, we lost first leg at home 0-3, but we missed some very good chances in first 15 minutes, and Aberdeen scored 3 goals from 3 kicks. Definitely bad luck. Second leg in Scotland 2-2, but we already wrote this off.

Second clash with Aberdeen, two wins 2-0, Aberdeen did not have a slightest chance for winning in both legs.

My question: Hibs/Aberdeen comparison?
    You sure about that? - looks like a corner and then two from open play to me - but agree we had to withstand an early onslaught and the water break helped !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXorP3VkIsU

As for the current comparison - Hibs deserved to finish above us last season, certainly on our showing from mid November onwards - the manager who had served us well (including during both the Rijeka ties) left his position after 8 years.

This season we are being promised all the open expansive stuff - and we've seen the good and bad of it in both European matches vs the Swedish side BK Häcken. Hibs' manager is probably more of a pragmatist now - but I think in this league you need a bit of that.
    Look forward to watching this tie if it doesn't clash with the timing of our game in Iceland.
    Last edited by Pablo172; 31-07-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Wondering why Rijeka fan thinks Scottish football is a very physical game, then I realised they've played Aberdeen twice ... it all makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Wondering why Rijeka fan thinks Scottish football is a very physical game, then I realised they've played Aberdeen twice ... it all makes sense now
    Correct....Aberdeen Rugby Club, dirty dirty bstards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo172 View Post
    You sure about that? - looks like a corner and then two from open play to me - but agree we had to withstand an early onslaught and the water break helped !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXorP3VkIsU

As for the current comparison - Hibs deserved to finish above us last season, certainly on our showing from mid November onwards - the manager who had served us well (including during both the Rijeka ties) left his position after 8 years.

This season we are being promised all the open expansive stuff - and we've seen the good and bad of it in both European matches vs the Swedish side BK Häcken. Hibs' manager is probably more of a pragmatist now - but I think in this league you need a bit of that.
    Look forward to watching this tie if it doesn't clash with the timing of our game in Iceland.
    Ooo, Aberdeen fan.

Well, first time we were little bit "cocky" because we played two EL groups in a row. We had a good time, fighting with Dinamo for championship, and general opinion was: "Aberdeen? Mah, we are going through". So You teached us a lesson. Our former coach, Matjaž Kek, once told that in six years on Rijeka bench that was his worst defeat.

However, aggregate 5-2 for Aberdeen was not realistic one. On the other hand, in second clash You did not stand a chance. Despite a fact that we had a much weaker team, obviously You did also.

Well, if You were here, You can confirm that You had a good time as fans on both occassions.