hibs.net Messageboard

Page 308 of 428 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,240 of 12820

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes....I'm talking about the acronym though. Why not BOAT - best of all time? It's all totally daft to me but there you go.
    If someone being called the GOAT annoys you I think it’s safe to say it would also annoy you if folk were calling them the BOAT

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The acronym GOAT really gets on my nerves for some strange reason. Only ever read it on Hibs.net.
    Never liked it as I automatically think of them acting the goat.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    If someone being called the GOAT annoys you I think it’s safe to say it would also annoy you if folk were calling them the BOAT
    Exactly...it's all just daft!

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Never liked it as I automatically think of them acting the goat.
    That could well be the reason, doesn't really go well with someone being the greatest ever at something.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    People cycling on Portobello prom on a busy day when kids are running about, stop ringing your wee bell and chill out!!! Ignorant selfish people…

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    People cycling on Portobello prom on a busy day when kids are running about, stop ringing your wee bell and chill out!!! Ignorant selfish people…
    So no bells?

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    Surely they ring their bells to warn people?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Surely they ring their bells to warn people?
    Yes but in my experience they dont alter speed to deal with crowds. Just fly past you. Im pretty sure a dog that was on a lead had to be euthenised a few months back having been hit by a speeding cyclist. A lot of moaners live in Porty now but I'd back them over bikes on the prom.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I subscribe to a few different channels on youtube and get notifications when new content is posted. Without fail there will already be utter a55holes typing the word "first" or "1st" in the comments. Pretty much 100% of the time they have nothing else to say. How sad that there are people waiting, poised, ready to leap into action just to be first to post a non comment on a new video.
    I have many peeves as this thread will show but this is my current number 1.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    People who leave glasses lens down. I’ve got a pair of mirrored sunglasses and my mrs buys cheap ones she doesn’t give a flying **** about whereas I like ray bans but she constantly leaves them lens down whenever she moves them.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    People who leave glasses lens down. I’ve got a pair of mirrored sunglasses and my mrs buys cheap ones she doesn’t give a flying **** about whereas I like ray bans but she constantly leaves them lens down whenever she moves them.
    Daughter does exactly the same, I keep mine sequestered in the car glove box (that's a description from a different era!) ... she's asked about 4 times in the past week or so for a loan and it's a flat out NO! From me... I'm even getting the 'look' from the boss but even she won't make me budge on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Daughter does exactly the same, I keep mine sequestered in the car glove box (that's a description from a different era!) ... she's asked about 4 times in the past week or so for a loan and it's a flat out NO! From me... I'm even getting the 'look' from the boss but even she won't make me budge on this one!
    It’s so ****ing needless as well! If they sit where the arms and frame down on a surface they’re more stable and don’t get scratched!

Btw my cars got a glove box, where else would one keep ones string back tan leather driving gloves?

It also has a special glasses pop down storage slot in the roof.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I bought a pair of Ray Bans a few years back and took them on a stag weekend. On the Sunday I left them in a pub whilst hungover. Went back and asked if anyone had handed them in. Barman said no, I knew he was lying. I asked again, he said no, I was sure he was lying. A few days later I saw the same barman in the same pub wearing my sunglasses. He was definitely lying.

There's no real peeve from me. It's just explanation as to why I wear ***** sunglasses now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I bought a pair of Ray Bans a few years back and took them on a stag weekend. On the Sunday I left them in a pub whilst hungover. Went back and asked if anyone had handed them in. Barman said no, I knew he was lying. I asked again, he said no, I was sure he was lying. A few days later I saw the same barman in the same pub wearing my sunglasses. He was definitely lying.

There's no real peeve from me. It's just explanation as to why I wear ***** sunglasses now.
    As ZZ Top have always advised, best to wear cheap sunglasses. You are guaranteed to get pissed and either leave them somewhere or sit on them. I did it with a pair of Oakleys once. Very annoying. My eyesight is crap now so it's prescription sunglasses now for me but even they come with a number of pitfalls. If you are wearing them and go into a bar/restaurant/shop etc it then is difficult to see and then you take them off and you still can't see! So a pet peeve would appear to be sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

That’s *****housery, at least you can be safe in the knowledge someone else broke them for you 😆 I’ve had similar, I left a pair on a cafe table in Durham, phoned the place up and asked if they had them and it was a firm no, but there’s a picture of me and my better half with the glasses on the table.

Don’t get me wrong, this is my third pair in about 8 years and I’ve had to salvage screws from an old pair because I sat on them after refuelling the car. But these have survived a lot and they stay in the car for the most part.

I do have a couple of cheap pairs for days/nights out.

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Jonathan Ross. Unfunny, not a likeable or charming host at all, clanginglu annoying. Will make me turn the channel over every time.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Jonathan Ross. Unfunny, not a likeable or charming host at all, clanginglu annoying. Will make me turn the channel over every time.
    Annoyingly fake. Sycophant.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He’s a ****

Sir Alex Ferguson

A word that annoys me but shouldn't is "thread" when used for a list of tweets. I use it myself but for some reason it just bugs me.

I'm pretty sure it's because of self-important knobs on Twitter that have to write things like "Vaccines - A THREAD" before writing their views as if they are about to rattle out Nobel Prize winning contributions to society when in reality it's just total bollocks.

When you need to tell your partner the reservation is at 6pm in order to have any chance of making the actual reservation time of 9pm due to how long it takes them to get ready.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    When you need to tell your partner the reservation is at 6pm in order to have any chance of making the actual reservation time of 9pm due to how long it takes them to get ready.
    Having to be politically correct when talking about stuff, when we all know you mean a w.... err...

What I mean is... being too scared to post something, 'cause if its spotted by the boss you just know sh.....

Ummmm, actually,I think I'll just stop typing.

Edit... I know, I know.before you all wade in....... .. I have a mate who's the exception that proves the rule
    Last edited by Just Alf; 18-07-2021 at 09:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    My ex wife was exactly like this. The worst bit was when she would ask me to call a taxi as she would be ready in 5 minutes. Taxi would arrive 15 mins later, I’d go out to it and then another 5 minutes after that, she’d walk out.

Thankfully my current partner isn’t like that at all. If anything I’m the one that takes longer to get ready (and I don’t take long)

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    People that take social distancing to the extreme. I was in Aldi tonight and the queues were massive. Gets to the stage where the woman in front of me got the checkout belt. The guy in front of her was the full distance of the belt away. She wouldn’t start putting her stuff on the belt until his stuff started to go through even though there was a massive gap on the belt. She then wouldn’t move forward even though there was more than 2m distance between her and the guy in front meaning I couldn’t put anything on the belt.

Then after all that, exasperating the issues with the already long queues. She proceeds to chat to the checkout operator rather than bag her stuff and keeps the chat going for a good minute after paying. She didn’t seem to care about social distancing then!

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    People that take social distancing to the extreme. I was in Aldi tonight and the queues were massive. Gets to the stage where the woman in front of me got the checkout belt. The guy in front of her was the full distance of the belt away. She wouldn’t start putting her stuff on the belt until his stuff started to go through even though there was a massive gap on the belt. She then wouldn’t move forward even though there was more than 2m distance between her and the guy in front meaning I couldn’t put anything on the belt.

Then after all that, exasperating the issues with the already long queues. She proceeds to chat to the checkout operator rather than bag her stuff and keeps the chat going for a good minute after paying. She didn’t seem to care about social distancing then!
    Funnily enough, I experienced that in Aldi too, but no other supermarkets.

Left by mutual consent!
    Anybody over 12, especially male, using "lol" at the end of a sentence or paragraph. More so when said sentence or paragraph isn't funny!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The irresponsible attitude of parcel delivery drivers who think it is acceptable to leave parcels unattended on your door step in full view of everyone. Leaving in a designated agreed safe place is fair enough but so many of them are now just dumping on the doorstep.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    The irresponsible attitude of parcel delivery drivers who think it is acceptable to leave parcels unattended on your door step in full view of everyone. Leaving in a designated agreed safe place is fair enough but so many of them are now just dumping on the doorstep.
    I had a job recently that saw me visiting houses all day and I couldn’t believe how common this was. Parcels left outside people’s doors in flats, anyone could’ve helped themselves to them.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    People who ask simple questions on hibs.net which have already been asked by several others and answered multiple times.

What is in the pie pack is a recent example.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    People who ask simple questions on hibs.net which have already been asked by several others and answered multiple times.

What is in the pie pack is a recent example.
    I’d never seen that asked or answered til today.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    If we’re talking Hibs.net peeves. The use of “this place is mental”, generally used when someone has a different opinion.