hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    First Team Breakthrough Max_Shah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The cup final surely shows, if we’re using that as evidence, that trouble is likely where no alcohol is available in the ground, given no supporters had access to it from the moment they entered the stadium.
    Yes.

It is literally every Scottish Government, NHS, Public Health, Edinburgh Joint Integration Board [with Hibs involvement] and Local Authority briefing report ever commissioned on the subject.

But you want a drink with your bairns.

Great.

What could go wrong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The cup final surely shows, if we’re using that as evidence, that trouble is likely where no alcohol is available in the ground, given no supporters had access to it from the moment they entered the stadium.
    I think the 2016 cup is part of the evidence that the common factor when there is trouble is the Rangers fans and not alcohol.

Conclusion: Alcohol is fine and should be permitted at all grounds and Rangers fans barred. Rangers fans can go to Ibrox, in fact make it home fans only and they can have alcohol too and trash the place as much as they like.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Shah View Post
    Yes.

It is literally every Scottish Government, NHS, Public Health, Edinburgh Joint Integration Board [with Hibs involvement] and Local Authority briefing report ever commissioned on the subject.

Great.

What could go wrong.
    You can already get a drink at Easter Road pre-match at Behind the Goals, why would making it available on the concourse cause an issue? Was there any alcohol related issues when we had the temporary fan bar behind the East Stand? Presumably for high risk (category A) fixtures we could make it unavailable but if someone wants to go to a game pished, the availability of alcohol at Easter Road or not is unlikely to deter them.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    You can already get a drink at Easter Road pre-match at Behind the Goals, why would making it available on the concourse cause an issue? Was there any alcohol related issues when we had the temporary fan bar behind the East Stand? Presumably for high risk (category A) fixtures we could make it unavailable but if someone wants to go to a game pished, the availability of alcohol at Easter Road or not is unlikely to deter them.
    This is pretty much how I see it working, no alcohol sales within the ground while a game is on, but, as a suggestion open the ground 2 or 3 hours before kick-off with alcohol sales up to 30 minutes before kick off, including no alcohol in the seats. There needs to be some incentive, pre match entertainment, perhaps large screens showing classic games ( if you want the live Sky or BT games stay in the pub! This is about Hibs )
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This is pretty much how I see it working, no alcohol sales within the ground while a game is on, but, as a suggestion open the ground 2 or 3 hours before kick-off with alcohol sales up to 30 minutes before kick off, including no alcohol in the seats. There needs to be some incentive, pre match entertainment, perhaps large screens showing classic games ( if you want the live Sky or BT games stay in the pub! This is about Hibs )
    Can you really see fans going into ER 2/3 hours before ko, on a cold day
    Sorry I just can’t see it

Yes.

Great.

What could go wrong.
    Does these all specifically say being able to have a drink at a football ground is a nasty bad thing?

It seems you can at rugby and many other countries allow it at football?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    If it doesn’t work then it doesn’t work but the clubs should be allowed the option if they wish. Fans in other countries and of other sports do it in similar temperatures, I’m not sure what’s so unique about Scottish football fans that they wouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Does these all specifically say being able to have a drink at a football ground is a nasty bad thing?

It seems you can at rugby and many other countries allow it at football?
    Just imagine what could go wrong though. Imagine the full scale riots which could occur between the fans during a game v Ross County at home because a small number of supporters each had a £6 pint from a plastic cup on the concourse at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Just imagine what could go wrong though. Imagine the full scale riots which could occur between the fans during a game v Ross County at home because a small number of supporters each had a £6 pint from a plastic cup on the concourse at half time.
    It's the end of the world as we know it!

Actually am more worried about fans throwing the small slice of like from the Eden Mills g&t at the management...
    Last edited by Iain G; 03-06-2021 at 05:17 PM.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Not into the ground, but into a bar area in the stands. Behind the goals in each home stand if you will.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

In 2005 we played a friendly against Rot Weiss Essen. A bar was open behind the terracing and a few beers were enjoyed during the game was luvly jubly, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Not into the ground, but into a bar area in the stands. Behind the goals in each home stand if you will.
    Would cost an absolute fortune. I'd rather we spent that on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    In 2005 we played a friendly against Rot Weiss Essen. A bar was open behind the terracing and a few beers were enjoyed during the game was luvly jubly, thank you very much.
    One of my favourite away trips with Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Would cost an absolute fortune. I'd rather we spent that on the team.
    Why should it cost a fortune?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It doesn’t have to, and if the people behind the scheme had any sense it wouldn’t. If people are going to chose to spend their money at Easter road when there are pubs 10 minutes away the club would be bonkers to charge more than the local establishments.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Yes.

Great.

What could go wrong.
    You can drink on the streets in Edinburgh, and most pubs allow children. And most adults drink in front of their wee ones anyway. Have you ever hosted a child’s birthday party? It would be torture without vodka orange in a plastic cup.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    It doesn’t have to, and if the people behind the scheme had any sense it wouldn’t. If people are going to chose to spend their money at Easter road when there are pubs 10 minutes away the club would be bonkers to charge more than the local establishments.
    Pop up bar areas for serving can be easily and inexpensively set up. Offer something different, get Pilot or Campervan or Bellfield to make a Hibs exclusive pale ale or lager you can only get at the ground.

Pop up bar areas for serving can be easily and inexpensively set up. Offer something different, get Pilot or Campervan or Bellfield to make a Hibs exclusive pale ale or lager you can only get at the ground.
    You can only get Pilot in January. It's Magic although some think it Tosh.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 03-06-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Having a drink at the football should be allowed and bars set up good source of income for the club. The issue is policing it. Bars can be opened before and after the game. What I do not want is people drinking at their seats and spraying everyone with their drink when a goal is scored.
    If fans behave and follow the rules it can add to the match day experience.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 03-06-2021 at 10:33 PM.

As long as there's Tennents on offer alongside that for the plebs like myself then thats exactly what we should be doing.

Give local eateries a chance to showcase their products, coffee too. Good stuff, not half a spoon of that Kenco ***** that ends up like coffee flavoured water. I got a cup at the last game at ER against Hearts and I didn't think it possible to make a coffee as crap as that.

Sir Alex Ferguson

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Behind the goals is open before and after the games although it's very hard to get a drink as the staff aren't the quickest.

I'd settle for fans in stadiums right now.

That should be the number one priority.

Quote Originally Posted by jingler1954 View Post
    Behind the goals is open before and after the games although it's very hard to get a drink as the staff aren't the quickest.
    I might be wrong but prior to the shutdown I don't think it had reopened post-match for quite a while.

I seem to recall always reading that on the website although it's been so long since I've been at a game my mind may be playing tricks on me!

Because to build the infrastructure similar to Behind the Goals, as the poster suggested, rather than just some pop up bars would cost a lot of money.

To have that level of construction in the East and West stands would require significant capital expenditure. In my opinion it's not the correct time.

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    As long as there's Tennents on offer alongside that for the plebs like myself then thats exactly what we should be doing.

Give local eateries a chance to showcase their products, coffee too. Good stuff, not half a spoon of that Kenco ***** that ends up like coffee flavoured water. I got a cup at the last game at ER against Hearts and I didn't think it possible to make a coffee as crap as that.

Try ordering a coffee, not noticing they've given you Bovril by mistake and piling three sugars in before taking a swig.
    At Easter Road They Play.....

Coaching Staff
    Won't happen anytime soon given they'd have to get passed statute law then convince the Edinburgh Board which I think redrafts its own policy in a couple of years. Sadly - and it's evidenced with what we witnessed in Glasgow recently - no Local Authority Board will ever give concession to football supporters drinking during games regardless of the fact that 99% would drink and act responsibly. Police would object without question, and the Board would not take any chances even if it was a 'pilot'. The risk of violence kicks the idea into touch.

The appointment of Billy Lowe is a really good one, however I think that will be to cast a professional overview of using Easter Road more profitably from a hospitality point of view - as a weekly venue as well as on match days.

Anyway, can only speak personally but I'd hate to drink during a game because I'd be covered in my own beer such is my 'animated posture' during the 90

Hibs fans are not Rangers/Sevco fans i.e. the people well known for violent behaviour (and that's without drinking alcohol inside stadiums). The ban was only introduced because of violent Rangers and Celtic fans and there was never any need for a blanket ban (especially in winter, when they would keep you warm). You also wouldn't be covered in beer as you wouldn't be allowed to your seat with alcohol.

I remember drinking a beer in the concourse at Wembley last time Scotland played England down there. There were lots of Scottish people there and no riots. The idea that football fans in general or Scottish people can't be trusted to drink alcohol at a game is bonkers.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    Hibs fans are not Rangers/Sevco fans i.e. the people well known for violent behaviour (and that's without drinking alcohol inside stadiums). The ban was only introduced because of violent Rangers and Celtic fans and there was never any need for a blanket ban (especially in winter, when they would keep you warm). You also wouldn't be covered in beer as you wouldn't be allowed to your seat with alcohol.

I remember drinking a beer in the concourse at Wembley last time Scotland played England down there. There were lots of Scottish people there and no riots. The idea that football fans in general or Scottish people can't be trusted to drink alcohol at a game is bonkers.
    That's true MF but the authorities look at things in isolation and football is rather unique up here compared to say rugby - pyro issues at games, pineapples thrown on the pitch, seats destroyed by The Rangers fans at ER, players and staff assaulted at ER and Tynie........all in the last 3 seasons..........as you say, the majority are responsible, the minority provide the evidence to the authorities to argue against alcohol in grounds and after games (sadly)