hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mind Scott Allan handed in a transfer request? It’s not some weird symbolic thing that means “ I don’t want to play for this club” and that’s it. There’s far more to it than that.

I’ve seen nothing from Nisbet to suggest that he doesn’t want to play here. People are letting their anger about the cup final get the better of them, he scored in the semi and played really well when we beat Aberdeen to secure third and the place was buzzing.

Just because he didn’t play well in the final doesn’t mean suddenly he’s not arsed about playing for Hibs.

It’s proper weirdo behaviour calling someone you’ve probably never met in your life a prick because of what you’re assuming his behaviour to be like.

Ffs we’re meant to be Hibs fans and we’re calling our top scorer a prick the night of his first international goal because he didn’t play well a couple weeks back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ElginHibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keen on the move enough to have a chat with the manager after bids were rejected, seems like he was trying to make it happen.

But you are right he got on with it after the window shut and if he was still at Hibs at the end of this window I am sure he'd do the same.

If someone comes in with the right bid he'll no doubt be off, but others says we NEED to get rid is way over the the top in my opinion
    He's quite right not to be shy about earning plenty more and playing at a higher level. Even Riordan did the dirty on Hibs to some extent and I still love the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    He bottled the Cup Final because he did want to get injured..
    I must’ve missed that interview, have you got a clip of it?

“I don’t want a national trophy winners medal, I might get injured” said no footballer ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Based on what
    The fact that he’s left his last 2 clubs after a year having done what he went to them to achieve and get a move up the way.

The fact that he’ll have spent the summer mixing with players who earn substantially more than him and he’ll likely (and not unreasonably) consider to be his peers. Used to happen with Sol Bamba.

That he seemed keen to move on from us in January, less than 6 months after joining us whilst in the middle of a dip in form. Interestingly our form picked up when he was dropped at that time.

He thinks he’s above us. Simple. Maybe he is, although I’m not convinced he’s done enough for us to automatically think that. We’ve seen a few players reach that level before, but it’s taken better players a lot longer than it seems to have taken Nisbet - off the top of my head McGinn, Gletcher, Griffiths, Brown, Riordan - and many many more.

As I said, I just can’t really take to him. I want him away for as much money as possible and to have other players on an upward trajectory playing for us who might feel like being with us for more than a year.

Part of it is hunch, 6th sense, body language and just my opinion.

Do you think there is any chance Kevin Nisbet will be at Hibs next season, happy and enjoying his football? Seriously?

None of which means he’s been a poor signing - he’s not. He’s ambitious and entitled to see his career progress as he wishes. I’ve just felt a lot more love for a far greater number of inferior players playing for Hibs.
    Last edited by Smartie; 02-06-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    There is no way he’ll be arsed to play for Hibs after this summer. I can just imagine the state of him if he doesn’t get a summer move - the “Scottish Kamberi” comment might not actually be too far off the mark.

He needs to go and we need him to go.

It’s been a loveless marriage that has suited both parties for as long as it was convenient but let’s not pretend this is something that it is not.
    Who’s pretending it’s something that it’s not? All I’m seeing is people seeing it for what it is a player that’s been great for Hibs since he signed and has said how much he loves being at the club but is ambitious and wants to progress his career. A loveless marriage is a weird way to describe it IMO. The clamber to criticise our players for one reason or another is pathetic and I suspect based on the hearts penalty miss, January transfer scenario and losing the cup final. Forget about the goals he’s scored and the success this has brought Hibs and focus on he negatives it’s tiresome and players are a game away from being slightered by some of our fans but lauded most other weeks 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️.

He’s a young man who’s taken a tough route to get to where he is from the early days, I can’t blame him for wanting to continue that trajectory to make up for lost time in this career and Hibs will be handsomely rewarded as a result when he does go. Should leave Hibs wor best wishes no some of the ***** and grudges cause of a couple of games IMO.
    Last edited by SMAXXA; 02-06-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    At least 2. You would have to agree, wouldn't you, that the one against hearts was the most important?

I can't even remember who the other one(s) were against.
    Yes probably more important but also missed QF shoot-out. However, to suggest my original post was intended for reasons other than football is very poor indeed

Good movement by Nisbet at the goal and a very good one touch finish.
    His overall play was very good throughout his time on the pitch.

He and we will be glad he didn't get to go to Birmingham.
    His performance tonight will have increased interest in acquiring his services and strengthened our chances of a big pay off when that time comes.

He has come a long way in one season and all against a background of losing his father at the age of 23.
    Some posters on here have ridiculous opinions of the guy and some strange fantasy about players commitment to Hibs.
    The truth is it's a two way street. If a player is playing very well and attracting great interest from bigger clubs who will offer multiples of their current wage they will want to go there. Similarly if they are not playing well their club will want to ditch them.
    We are obsessive about Hibs but as a rule our players are employees hired for their abilities and Hibs are their employer.

He has had a great season and will have another one next season or we will get a big wedge of cash which will pay for our recruitment for a couple of seasons. We won a watch when he came to Hibs. Fantastic call by whoever made it.

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Yes probably more important but also missed QF shoot-out. However, to suggest my original post was intended for reasons other than football is very poor indeed
    I questioned your character. I still feel it was valid.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    He's quite right not to be shy about earning plenty more and playing at a higher level. Even Riordan did the dirty on Hibs to some extent and I still love the guy.
    Aye, if he goes it's with no ill will on my end, he's come in done a great job for most of the season and will have made the club a good profit.

In fairness I did watch the cup final and think he looked scared of getting injured. But I’m happy to admit that was probably in the heat of the moment and my real frustration was with the team overall as they struggled to create the slightest chance of find him in any sort of space.

In some games he really looks at it though - drops deep to get involved, runs the channels, puts himself about etc but there was none of that in the final so I can see why some form and stick by the opinion.

Again another that will probably go against the majority is that I hope he is sold this summer for the pure reason that I don’t think his stock will ever be higher. 17 goals in his debut season, Scotland call up and goal against the Netherlands and that’s before the Euros even start.

I think he’s the guy that’s always looking for that next challenge at to him he’ll have completed the SPFL, certainly at Hibs anyway and will be eyeing up where he can go next to prove himself. If he doesn’t get the move I’m not sure how he will cope, especially if Boyle and Irvine move on.

He’s had a terrific season and I think he’s a very good player and will continue to go on and impress at a higher level but I think the time may be right.

3.5 million +

I bet all you people slagging Kevin Nisbet for simply trying to make the most of what potential he has and that includes the potential for big bucks, wish you were him.
    Don't know why so many get their scants in a twist.
    Hibs have always been open to offers for any player so let's just hope he has a good Euros and we can make a tidy profit

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    In fairness I did watch the cup final and think he looked scared of getting injured. But I’m happy to admit that was probably in the heat of the moment and my real frustration was with the team overall as they struggled to create the slightest chance of find him in any sort of space.

In some games he really looks at it though - drops deep to get involved, runs the channels, puts himself about etc but there was none of that in the final so I can see why some form and stick by the opinion.

Again another that will probably go against the majority is that I hope he is sold this summer for the pure reason that I don’t think his stock will ever be higher. 17 goals in his debut season, Scotland call up and goal against the Netherlands and that’s before the Euros even start.

I think he’s the guy that’s always looking for that next challenge at to him he’ll have completed the SPFL, certainly at Hibs anyway and will be eyeing up where he can go next to prove himself. If he doesn’t get the move I’m not sure how he will cope, especially if Boyle and Irvine move on.

He’s had a terrific season and I think he’s a very good player and will continue to go on and impress at a higher level but I think the time may be right.

3.5 million +
    Good post

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I think it’s pretty clear that Kevin has ambitions to move on from Hibs, I’d have respected him more if he’d kept his head down throughout the season and not made any noises around moving in January. He contributed well over the season and was a big reason we ended 3rd in the league. However, I only want players at Hibs who are 100% focused on delivering for us, for that reason I’d be happy enough to see Kevin move on for the right price in the summer and I’d wish him well.

I’m more than prepared to cut him some slack.

He had a set back early in his career which meant he had to drop down a level and work harder to make it, and his dad died last year.

Both these factors may have contributed to him thinking that he had to grab the first opportunity for a big pay day as soon as it came along.

He’s still young though and another season at Hibs would benefit him. I hope he stays.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The fact that he’s left his last 2 clubs after a year having done what he went to them to achieve and get a move up the way.

The fact that he’ll have spent the summer mixing with players who earn substantially more than him and he’ll unlikely (and not unreasonably) consider to be his peers. Used to happen with Sol Bamba.

That he seemed keen to move on from us in January, less than 6 months after joining us whilst in the middle of a dip in form. Interestingly our form picked up when he was dropped at that time.

He thinks he’s above us. Simple. Maybe he is, although I’m not convinced he’s done enough for us to automatically think that.

As I said, I just can’t really take to him. I want him away for as much money as possible and to have other players on an upward trajectory playing for us who might feel like being with us for more than a year.

Part of it is hunch, 6th sense, body language and just my opinion.

Do you think there is any chance Kevin Nisbet will be at Hibs next season, happy and enjoying his football? Seriously?

None of which means he’s been a poor signing - he’s not. He’s ambitious and entitled to see it progress as he wishes. I’ve just felt a lot more love for a far greater number of inferior players playing for Hibs.

Perfectly summed up. Hopefully everyone will take some time to read this post.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Good movement by Nisbet at the goal and a very good one touch finish.
    His overall play was very good throughout his time on the pitch.

He and we will be glad he didn't get to go to Birmingham.
    His performance tonight will have increased interest in acquiring his services and strengthened our chances of a big pay off when that time comes.

He has come a long way in one season and all against a background of losing his father at the age of 23.
    Some posters on here have ridiculous opinions of the guy and some strange fantasy about players commitment to Hibs.
    The truth is it's a two way street. If a player is playing very well and attracting great interest from bigger clubs who will offer multiples of their current wage they will want to go there. Similarly if they are not playing well their club will want to ditch them.
    We are obsessive about Hibs but as a rule our players are employees hired for their abilities and Hibs are their employer.

He has had a great season and will have another one next season or we will get a big wedge of cash which will pay for our recruitment for a couple of seasons. We won a watch when he came to Hibs. Fantastic call by whoever made it.

Great post, where I am on the subject and I ain't going to pretend I know anything about what's in Kevin's head, except if he did have the good sense to reject a move to the thieves I'm grateful.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

The Kamberi comments are daft.

What has he done apart from playing well for us, scoring lots of goals and securing us a tidy sell on profit.

Sure, he got his head turned by a big money offer when it came to him. So what. He's young, it happens...Plenty players get punted on by Hibs when they are surplus to our requirements. Loyalty only goes so far. Its a business. You may be Hibs till you die, not all our players will and nor should we expect them to be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    He's better than Kamberi, but apart from that you hit the nail on the head.

And if he's going to Celtic, I hope Ron is well versed on how they try to do business.
    I can’t believe some of the drivel being spewed out on this forum. You’re happy to see one of our best players ( and without doubt he is, despite the hatred he appears to have earned from quite a few ) kicked along the M8 to one of our main rivals because he, unsurprisingly, had his head turned at Christmas and because he was one of many who let the club down in the final.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Can't wait to get back to ER so I can boo our top goalscorer and someone who is going to make Hibs a decent wedge of cash when we decide to cash in

Booooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Peoples imaginations running wild because he didn’t play well in the final.
    It’s really quite sad. Squirrel was brutal in the final - I can’t imagine him getting this if he had just scored for Australia, it would be the usual sticking the boot in because he wasn’t selected for Scotland when he wasn’t good enough.

Really is a sad reflection of how bad this place has got over several threads every day since the final when what was a decent conversation has descended into slagging Scotland fans and our top scorer/Scottish international representative.. basically immediately after he scored his first goal for Scotland.

Do folk never think about how pathetic they come across when carrying on like that?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Can't wait to get back to ER so I can boo our top goalscorer and someone who is going to make Hibs a decent wedge of cash when we decide to cash in

Booooooooo
    Petrie out.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post

What has he done apart from playing well for us, scoring lots of goals and securing us a tidy sell on profit.

Sure, he got his head turned by a big money offer when it came to him. So what. He's young, it happens...Plenty players get punted on by Hibs when they are surplus to our requirements. Loyalty only goes so far. Its a business. You may be Hibs till you die, not all our players will and nor should we expect them to be.
    Every player who has ever gone to another club to earn more money has wanted to leave Hibs.

B@#*@&*s the lot of them.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Remember how good Kamberi was for a while though? Absolutely exceptional form and a key part of Lennon’s cracking side during the second half of that season.

It wasn’t all huffs, injuries, balls bouncing off him, fall-outs and hun-praising.

We couldn’t have known that that was the way it was going to go but Flo should have left after an outstanding loan spell and not returned.

Knowing when to leave us a talent and I’m convinced the time is right for Nisbet to move on. Earlier than for most players but he’s achieved what he set out to do and needs to do what he needs to do next.

A few goals for Scotland this summer and a few £££££ to Hibs would be lovely.

Win win.

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    Kevin is a young lad with a dream to play at the highest level. I love hibs more than pretty much anything with the exception of my kids and family but you just have to accept that we are a stepping stone to a greater good for footballers. Is he lazy, yes!! Is he frustrating, yes,!! Could he have done more, yes!! Is he destined for better things, yes!!.

There’s a reality in football that is the same for us whether your a painter and decorator, an electrician, a plumber, or whatever in life. In work you mostly look to progress or better yourself. Me and you are the FANS. We’re the ones who have the club embroidered in our hearts. The other lot are the players. Every now and then one or two slip through the net and just love hibs. The majority though are here to progress. It’s football. We all adore John mcginn because he stayed a little longer and really got the club. But Kevin could get us a fee that could sustain future signings with a good fee. The difference is a wee bit of loyalty and feeling for the club. But at the end of the day they all move on. Did he say horrid things in the press or did his agent. Who knows. Who cares. The circle of players continue. If your a joiner and I offer you a years contract to help build 50 houses and you get £40k or another firm offers you the same kind of work for £70k, where are you going to go or say you want to go. Love these players whilst they are here, but they will go. We ain’t Real Madrid, which is where they are ALL aiming for.

Ggtth
    Last edited by ArmadaleHibs; 02-06-2021 at 10:23 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Every player who has ever gone to another club to earn more money has wanted to leave Hibs.

B@#*@&*s the lot of them.
    Boyle apparently even has a clause in his contract so he’d be off on the cheap the monster!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I can’t believe some of the drivel being spewed out on this forum. You’re happy to see one of our best players ( and without doubt he is, despite the hatred he appears to have earned from quite a few ) kicked along the M8 to one of our main rivals because he, unsurprisingly, had his head turned at Christmas and because he was one of many who let the club down in the final.
    Celtic had their worst season in a decade, we had our best in 16 years and they still finished 14 points ahead of us. They definitely aren't our rivals.

I don't want to see Kevin go but like others I can't say he's a player I feel a strong bond over and I'm happy to trust the club on how they deal with any interest. Unlike with SJM, if he's going to leave I wouldn't be that fussed with us accepting a bid from Celtic if it was the best offer for Hibs.

Selling Nisbet for good money and getting Leigh back would be a great bit of business imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    How about reading his post properly instead of the personal abuse? You’ll not last long with posts like that.
    Monster who has the ability to laugh!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Completely agree. If we were to receive between 3-5 million for him then its been brilliant for the club and Kevin will have secured a big time move, He's also a hugely significantly better player than Kamberi ever was or will be. Granted, he was well below par for the final but then so were the rest of the team bar Macey. Who wouldn't want a team packed full of top quality footballing die hard Hi bees whose only ambition is to play at ER? However, the next best thing especially these days is acquiring hungry quality footballers with or without a Hibs connection at knock down prices who go on to progress with us to such a level that their value increases into the millions of pounds. No complaints from me about Kevin Nisbet. Will wish the laddie all the best when he leaves, with the club sure to be more than adequately compensated.

It’s really quite sad. Squirrel was brutal in the final - I can’t imagine him getting this if he had just scored for Australia, it would be the usual sticking the boot in because he wasn’t selected for Scotland when he wasn’t good enough.

Really is a sad reflection of how bad this place has got over several threads every day since the final when what was a decent conversation has descended into slagging Scotland fans and our top scorer/Scottish international representative.. basically immediately after he scored his first goal for Scotland.

Do folk never think about how pathetic they come across when carrying on like that?
    Squirrel WAS brutal in the final but he’s got a lot of credit in the bank with us over a decent length of time. Nisbet’s only been with us a year and whilst he’s been an undoubted success, it’s only been a year - and one with a few blips along the way too.

And whilst Squirrel has an awful lot of credit in the bank - it was a poor performance in a big game at Hampden - not his first. It’s not “sell him now” material but a mark in the negative column.

Boyle shouldn’t be getting a free ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Are you trying to call him wallpaper or walloper?

I think we should be told so we fully understand the gravity of the unnecessary insult.
    Either way he’s a stick-on to get banned. Let’s not try and gloss things over.

Either way he’s a stick-on to get banned. Let’s not try and gloss things over.
    I hope people don't flock to this thread with puns.