hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [/B]

I actually want one the anti-Hanlon/Stevenson mob to address this point directly. Why have they, time after time, had contracts renewed? Sentiment? Willingness to stay? Convenience for the club and management?

The managers judgement on the players they have bought or re signed has resulted in them loosing there jobs whether it be sacked, mutually consented or leave . With another one coming in and doing the same.
    John Collins and Alan Stubbs are the only two that have won something , Collins was mutually consented and Stubbs thought he had moved on to better things.
    In that time there has been plenty of visits to Hampden where we have bottled it with various other managers and players.
    Jack Ross was probably the biggest bottle job of the lot with the chances we had so would think it is right that there are questions asked of the manager and his squad.
    Looking at the squad there is a few that have little experience of Hampden then you look at the most experienced and have a look at there record.
    They are football players like thousands of others that have had there time at a club time to move on and get a club elsewhere , it happens at clubs all over so not sure why the anger that it should happen here .

Can you answer why Hanlon was not part of the squad that got relegated.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Suggest you read the point I was making.

You've had plenty to say since Saturday yourself.

Saying no more as clearly not allowed to question Hanlon or Stevenson.
    Ahh that old chestnut. I don't see anyone stopping you talking, simply arguing against it.
    Last edited by HNA12; 28-05-2021 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Removed the sweaty word
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Suggest you read the point I was making.

You've had plenty to say since Saturday yourself.

Saying no more as clearly not allowed to question Hanlon or Stevenson.
    Aye, I’ve said plenty, but I’m not sooking up to some posters one minute, then dropping a bomb and scarpering the next.

You can question all you want, but blaming Stevenson is bizarre given he didn’t really feature much over the season. Hanlon, for me, was the most consistent defender in the side.

My ranting was more about the tactical failings of our manager in the biggest game we can play in, the inability to change things when it was wasn’t working, the lack of passion in the side, his stubbornness and inflexibility. The resorting to hoofball as a plan B. I don’t recall once singling out individual players.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Aye, I’ve said plenty, but I’m not sooking up to some posters one minute, then dropping a bomb and scarpering the next.

You can question all you want, but blaming Stevenson is bizarre given he didn’t really feature much over the season. Hanlon, for me, was the most consistent defender in the side.

My ranting was more about the tactical failings of our manager in the biggest game we can play in, the inability to change things when it was wasn’t working, the lack of passion in the side, his stubbornness and inflexibility. The resorting to hoofball as a plan B. I don’t recall once singling out individual players.
    Again, you need to read my posts on this thread properly.

Where have I even mentioned Stevenson?
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 28-05-2021 at 01:39 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Make a poll then, it wouldn't be close to 50/50 IMO

He is just listing their failures and saying we should get rid.

I listed the failures of dozens of world class players in comparison the other day, and he didn't reply.

Who is listing failures that is the whole clubs records during there time here. I have no idea what other players failing has to do with Hibs.
    Its like the old firm fans , they sing bad songs I know but look over they sing more bad songs.
    Nothing at all to do with Hibs.
    Would you like to answer if listing the clubs records is only failures is the club a failure ?

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    They are heroes & always will be; at the moment I'm happier with Hanlon at CB than Porteous & I think Doig needs a rest so Stevenson still has an important role to fill.
    Can't imagine Hibs without them even if it has to happen eventually but I do believe Hanlon needs someone beside him to take charge of things, I think McGregor showed
    that in the games running up to the final..I'd nick a couple of the Saints CBs if we could get them.
    GG

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    The managers judgement on the players they have bought or re signed has resulted in them loosing there jobs whether it be sacked, mutually consented or leave . With another one coming in and doing the same.
    John Collins and Alan Stubbs are the only two that have won something , Collins was mutually consented and Stubbs thought he had moved on to better things.
    In that time there has been plenty of visits to Hampden where we have bottled it with various other managers and players.
    Jack Ross was probably the biggest bottle job of the lot with the chances we had so would think it is right that there are questions asked of the manager and his squad.
    Looking at the squad there is a few that have little experience of Hampden then you look at the most experienced and have a look at there record.
    They are football players like thousands of others that have had there time at a club time to move on and get a club elsewhere , it happens at clubs all over so not sure why the anger that it should happen here .

He was injured.

Undoubtedly questions need asked and answered, but why are 2 players being singled out? 2 players, one of whom didn't start and the other did nothing wrong.

There were 6 or 7 other players that need to answer for that performance: Doig, McGinn, Doidge, Nisbet, Boyle, Irvine, Newall. Those 2 were the least of our issues.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Testimonial Due
    Before Hanlon got injured our form was ok, not great but nothing like relegation form. After Hanlon got injured we only picked up 1 point in the remaining 8 games of the season and then lost the playoffs due to a last minute goal

Not everyone will agree and we can't know for sure, but I think if Hanlon hadn't gotten injured (or even if Butcher had player McPake once he was fit) we would have survived

@hibs.net private member
    He was injured.

Undoubtedly questions need asked and answered, but why are 2 players being singled out? 2 players, one of whom didn't start and the other did nothing wrong.

There were 6 or 7 other players that need to answer for that performance: Doig, McGinn, Doidge, Nisbet, Boyle, Irvine, Newall. Those 2 were the least of our issues.
    How long was Hanlon injured for ( I don't know ) questions are asked of all the players and more so the manager but how many Hampden appearances do the above have , the 2 mentioned are the most experienced and there record is horrendous at Hampden. So people rightly questioning is it time to move them on .
    Sentiment is clouding judgement , they have some amount of games between them and both have won cups but that is no reason to keep them every team has to move players on.
    I don't get the anger everytime someone mentions Hanlon and Stevenson they have done well out of Hibs and Hibs have had 2 long serving players.

Left by mutual consent!
    How long was Hanlon injured for ( I don't know ) questions are asked of all the players and more so the manager but how many Hampden appearances do the above have , the 2 mentioned are the most experienced and there record is horrendous at Hampden. So people rightly questioning is it time to move them on .
    Sentiment is clouding judgement , they have some amount of games between them and both have won cups but that is no reason to keep them every team has to move players on.
    I don't get the anger everytime someone mentions Hanlon and Stevenson they have done well out of Hibs and Hibs have had 2 long serving players.
    Good post.

I think the fact they've been here so long means they are the first ones to be singled out when things don't go our way. That is where the judgement is being clouded; you only have to look at the final as an example. Hanlon and Stevenson were the only outfield players who didn't do anything wrong, yet they're being singled out on a 10 page thread.

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Aye right, they have won four Scottish Cup semis each at Hampden. No Hibs players in the history of the club have done that except those two.

The famous five team hardly won a game at Hampden, dinnae tell me those boys were failures because of it.

@hibs.net private member
    I think the fact they've been here so long means they are the first ones to be singled out when things don't go our way. That is where the judgement is being clouded; you only have to look at the final as an example. Hanlon and Stevenson were the only outfield players who didn't do anything wrong, yet they're being singled out on a 10 page thread.
    Is that your clouded judgement that is saying they were the only outfield players that did no wrong.

Is that your clouded judgement that is saying they were the only outfield players that did no wrong.
    What did they do so wrong that merits this **** show of a thread?

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Aye right, they have won four Scottish Cup semis each at Hampden. No Hibs players in the history of the club have done that except those two.

The famous five team hardly won a game at Hampden, dinnae tell me those boys were failures because of it.
    The famous five won league titles so would think that outshines 4 semi finals .So we are counting semi finals as success now , dearie me... and that means they should still be here....

The famous five won league titles so would think that outshines 4 semi finals .So we are counting semi finals as success now , dearie me... and that means they should still be here....
    Naw, naw, naw.

It was you that mentioned their terrible record at Hampden, you never specified. Now that I've got you trapped on the ropes you have got the very weak response oh it was just semis, pathetic as you don't get to finals without winning semis.

If their (note the spelling) record at Hampden is poor tell me what Hibs players have won more games there.

C'mon. lets be havin ya.
    Last edited by scoopyboy; 28-05-2021 at 03:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Imagine being a Hibs fan and having nothing better to do than pick a player and point out all the mistakes they've made. FFS man
    You do have to wonder and doubt whether they genuinely are Hibs fans to have such a pathological dislike for two of our most loyal servants. Lockdown has a lot to answer for.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    What did they do so wrong that merits this **** show of a thread?
    They play for Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    What a ****ing borefest! And yes I can ignore it...or read it and comment on it.

@hibs.net private member
    Naw, naw, naw.

It was you that mentioned their terrible record at Hampden, you never specified. Now that I've got you trapped on the ropes you have got the very weak response oh it was just semis, pathetic as you don't get to finals without winning semis.

If their (note the spelling) record at Hampden tell me what Hibs players have won more games there.

C'mon. lets be havin ya.
    Got me trapped on the ropes deerie me ...picking up spelling mistakes , help I am trapped...
    Winning 4 semi finals more than any Hibs player ? how may finals , that is something you get a medal for have they won ? How many have they lost ? more than any other Hibs player ( spell check )
    They can add winning 4 semi finals along with there Scottish Cup medals and any player of the year trophy won ( spell check )

Naw, naw, naw.

If their (note the spelling) record at Hampden tell me what Hibs players have won more games there.

C'mon. lets be havin ya.
    Correcting spelling really is terrible patter.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Agreed

Got me trapped on the ropes deerie me ...picking up spelling mistakes , help I am trapped...
    Winning 4 semi finals more than any Hibs player ? how may finals , that is something you get a medal for have they won ? How many have they lost ? more than any other Hibs player ( spell check )
    They can add winning 4 semi finals along with there Scottish Cup medals and any player of the year trophy won ( spell check )
    And yet they managed something no other Hibs team has done for 114 years, from the Famous Five to the Golden Generation.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Left by mutual consent!
    100%

You really shouldn't put spaces in the brackets. It makes the comment look even more jamboesque.

This thread and anti Hibs player vitriol is horrendous patter.

I will concede the spelling pick up is poor patter.

I asked you a question, no answer so I will ask it again. Who has won more Scottish Cup semis than the two you are having an issue with?

Your best effort to date is how many winners medals have they picked up, answer is one. Has any Hibs player won more than that?

The way you are wording it makes winning semi finals a sin.

We are talking Scottish Cup appearances at Hampden so what on earth has player of the year trophies got to do with it?

Try and answer the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This thread and anti Hibs player vitriol is horrendous patter.
    It's a fans football forum. You are always going to get varying opinion on players ability at the club.

Picking up on another posters spelling is just petty and childlike IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    You do have to wonder and doubt whether they genuinely are Hibs fans to have such a pathological dislike for two of our most loyal servants. Lockdown has a lot to answer for.
    Here it comes again , genuine Hibs fans because they are fed up going to and from Hampden year after year to see there team bottling it. Any reason for it ? Mentality maybe , we have changed everything else over the years.
    People having a a pathological dislike for two of our most loyal servants , could be any players . Loyal servants which I agree they are is no reason to keep players on.
    People getting angry because other people think it is time to move on some well paid professional footballers

Left by mutual consent!
    This thread has turned into a Jack Ross type thread where there are a few posters challenging the club regarding certain players and if we can or should move on from them, but is then being magnified by the defense of other posters who are becoming even more vocal against the small number of posters which then leads to petty posts and personal insults.

I have seen a few posters say it is a valid point to question the players mentioned.