hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Should Jack Ross remain in charge or should he be sacked?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't want him sacked

216 64.09%
  • I want him sacked

38 11.28%
  • I don't want him sacked, but wouldn't be overly bothered if he were to leave

79 23.44%
  • I want him sacked, but wouldn't be overly bothered if he was to remain in charge

4 1.19%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FFS, 32% on here want Hibs to sack JR after a semi final, final and third in the league. When was the last time had a season as successful as this? Either .net is full of trolls or nowhere near representative of the Hibs support.
    Hibs net is not representative of the Hibs support , there is no way to know how the Hibs support feel about Ross.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by h1bs4life View Post
    Hibs net is not representative of the Hibs support , there is no way to know how the Hibs support feel about Ross.
    You're right, but I don't think It'll be that wide of the mark, I suppose it depends on the subject and the amount of voters.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Where else are you going to get a survey result from?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Hibs net is not representative of the Hibs support .
    How many Hibs fan did you survey to confirm that fact?
    This is one of the largest groupings of Hibs fans online so any poll result on here isn’t going to be totally without merit.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    If there had been fans at that game on Saturday, we might have been given an indication.

That aside, Hibs.Net poll is a reasonable indicator. We know a significant majority % still support Ross. We can also reasonably say that right now a fairly substantial minority aren't hugely committed to him. That's understandable after the debacle we saw at the weekend.

If that poll had taken place the week before the final, the results would have looked quite different. A poll captures the mood of the time and right now there's a lot of disillusioned Hibees.

Football fans are fickle. A storming first quarter of the season, maybe a derby win... Ross's approval ratings will rocket. The opposite, I don't think our owner will be too supportive of that.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    If there had been fans at that game on Saturday, we might have been given an indication.

That aside, Hibs.Net poll is a reasonable indicator. We know a significant majority % still support Ross. We can also reasonably say that right now a fairly substantial minority aren't hugely committed to him. That's understandable after the debacle we saw at the weekend.

If that poll had taken place the week before the final, the results would have looked quite different. A poll captures the mood of the time and right now there's a lot of disillusioned Hibees.

Football fans are fickle. A storming first quarter of the season, maybe a derby win... Ross's approval ratings will rocket. The opposite, I don't think our owner will be too supportive of that.
    Jack Ross has to stay, done an excellent job. 3rd for first time in years and getting to a final is better than not getting there. Of course we'd love to have won it but let's not lose a good thing

No conclusions can be confidently drawn on a sample size of 327 votes out of say, 12,000 regular attending fans.

It may give an indication, but small sample sizes are prone to extreme and therefor unreliable results.

Brexit was a good example - several opinion polls of only a few thousand people turned out wrong when tens of millions went and voted.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    No conclusions can be confidently drawn on a sample size of 327 votes out of say, 12,000 regular attending fans.

It may give an indication, but small sample sizes are prone to extreme and therefor unreliable results.

Brexit was a good example - several opinion polls of only a few thousand people turned out wrong when tens of millions went and voted.
    Ah ken, fair enough, that’s why I said that it was reasonable indicator. In the absence of any other method of gauging our fans views, it’s all we have.

I’ve changed my mind. Ross in..... he deserves the chance to make amends and hopefully kick on from what he oversaw this season. I have doubts, as do many, but I hope he has learned and is able to consolidate and improve on what has passed.

Plan B, more flexible tactics, more style and more victories, plus he’ll need to **** the Hearts and beat St Johnstone. Do those things, he’ll do alright.

Ah ken, fair enough, that’s why I said that it was reasonable indicator. In the absence of any other method of gauging our fans views, it’s all we have.

I’ve changed my mind. Ross in..... he deserves the chance to make amends and hopefully kick on from what he oversaw this season. I have doubts, as do many, but I hope he has learned and is able to consolidate and improve on what has passed.

Plan B, more flexible tactics, more style and more victories, plus he’ll need to **** the Hearts and beat St Johnstone. Do those things, he’ll do alright.

My concern is that there has been absolutely no sign that JR is capable of change,despite a season with a clear series of indicators that he needed to.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    My concern is that there has been absolutely no sign that JR is capable of change,despite a season with a clear series of indicators that he needed to.
    Apart from matches where he's changed players, shape & tactics during the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Apart from matches where he's changed players, shape & tactics during the game?

Many times it was too little and too late ,not to mention the inability to do to many of these things before the game,all in my opinion though ,others differ
    Last edited by hhibs; 28-05-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Left by mutual consent!

You've changed your tune...

Sensible post.

Not so long ago we were relegation candidates under Hecky and had just lost the "relegation derby" with Hearts. Then Ross took over.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Not so long ago we were relegation candidates under Hecky and had just lost the "relegation derby" with Hearts. Then Ross took over.
    And he was getting backed to the hilt by one person who wanted Ross sacked months ago, when Heckingbottom 6 was given excuse after excuse.🤣🤣🤣

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    And he was getting backed to the hilt by one person who wanted Ross sacked months ago, when Heckingbottom 6 was given excuse after excuse.🤣🤣🤣
    The obsession rolls on a thread I’ve not posted on for 2 days and what do you want to discuss? Football? Of course not. Me? Of course.

I would say I’m surprised the admins allow the constant trolling/bullying/personal attacks but I’m not at all with how long/frequently it’s went on. It’s who you know and all that.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 28-05-2021 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    You've changed your tune...

Sensible post.
    It's allowed. I've simmered down, although it all still hurts. I'm not getting any younger and I'm so desperate to see more success at Hibs. Still far from convinced by Ross, but he's earned the right to see if he can take Hibs further. Time will tell.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    It's allowed. I've simmered down, although it all still hurts. I'm not getting any younger and I'm so desperate to see more success at Hibs. Still far from convinced by Ross, but he's earned the right to see if he can take Hibs further. Time will tell.

Good man. (Or woman)!

Left by mutual consent!
    👍 👍 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

I would say I’m surprised the admins allow the constant trolling/bullying/personal attacks but I’m not at all with how long/frequently it’s went on. It’s who you know and all that.
    100%

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HNA12 View Post
    Can we do this without the petty bickering, calling each other trolls etc. We don’t want to be spending our time deleting stuff because grown adults can’t discuss things respectfully.
    Thanks.
    Obviously not. Another car crash thread closed due to petty bickering