hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A manager that cant or doesnt know how to change tactics AND cant get a team up for ANY big games needs tae go. Our record against St.J, hertz,sellik, huns Dons is criminal, if we had even won against the OF it may have been a sign of improving, weve scraped third all season due to a very very poor league.Im chuffed were in Europe but under Ross we will last 2 games and thats it. Two embarrasing semis and a shocking final is the last straw.
    7 points is not scraping 3rd. We were comfortably 3rd. Last 2 games against Aberdeen 2 wins?

Seriously, there has been very little wrong with the league season, dunno why people cant seperate the cups from the league. I'd take 7 points clear in 3rd every time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Great opening post. Agree with everything apart from the European paragraph.
    I couldn't give a monkeys about Europe. We will fall at the first hurdle anyway. Would much rather pump hearts or the old firm.
    Finishing 3rd was nice but what difference does it really make if we came 4th? Not much!
    The cup was ther for the taking, twice! And we blew it. So disappointed 😞.
    Might do more damage than good if we bin Ross at the moment.
    I have no answers, the only thing I know is that these defeats wont be forgotten easily.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    7 points is not scraping 3rd. We were comfortably 3rd. Last 2 games against Aberdeen 2 wins?

Seriously, there has been very little wrong with the league season, dunno why people cant seperate the cups from the league. I'd take 7 points clear in 3rd every time.
    I can’t quite get my head round it - we skooshed 3rd - wasn’t the points achieved consistent with what normally achieves 3rd?

Even his record against Hearts getting thrown about - consistent dismissal of the win at tiny (he’s only had 3 games vs them). Consistently dismissing our 100% record v Aberdeen in 2021 (we can all move the stats about).

St Johnstone scraped into the top 6 in this “poor league” and then only manage to tie with Livi for last place in the top 6.

The players chucked it , 1-0 down to st Johnstone and they could muster **** all in the last 15 minutes , nothing.
    If we'd been 1-0 going into the last 15 up St J would have thrown the kitchen sink at us , if that didn't work they'd have come back with the bathtub for injury time .
    The whole lot of them can bolt . They put more effort into the end of season bevvy session than the cup final .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    The players chucked it , 1-0 down to st Johnstone and they could muster **** all in the last 15 minutes , nothing.
    If we'd been 1-0 going into the last 15 up St J would have thrown the kitchen sink at us , if that didn't work they'd have come back with the bathtub for injury time .
    The whole lot of them can bolt . They put more effort into the end of season bevvy session than the cup final .
    said this to my mates/wife/anyone would listen yesterday. Went down with a whimper - no chances, didn’t even chuck it “into the mixer”.

If it had been the other way round they’d have battered our goal with crosses and long balls - we didn’t even try.

This is what I'm still not getting my head around, my worry when we went behind is that we would be battering them but wouldn't get through....we didn't try though....so meek, every 50:50 lost....worse than that if it was a 60:40 it was them who battled to win the ball. So many back passes, no running at them, every free ball picked up by a blue shirt. From the first minute, nothing!

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    That game will live with me till my dying days , The last 15 minutes we should have chucked absolutely everything at them but we went out without a whimper

Really saddens me that performance , It was quite simply a pathetic performance

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Jack Ross got the team selection wrong.
    No need for DM against a team that play a system like St Johnstone. We needed mobility in midfield not Gogic and Irvine. Daz should have played instead of Ryan

Jack Ross needs to have a plan b and c.
    Lots to look forward to I think it will be a very busy summer for the recruitment team.
    Agreed.

McGregor should have started over Porto and Hallberg over Gogic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    A manager that cant or doesnt know how to change tactics AND cant get a team up for ANY big games needs tae go. Our record against St.J, hertz,sellik, huns Dons is criminal, if we had even won against the OF it may have been a sign of improving, weve scraped third all season due to a very very poor league.Im chuffed were in Europe but under Ross we will last 2 games and thats it. Two embarrasing semis and a shocking final is the last straw.
    Sammy 7 0, theres a rebuild coming but Ross should not be the one doing it. His flaws have been there for all to see all season. Not good enough for Hibs.
    Professional pride has to come into it. If you need a manager to get you up for a cup final then there's something seriously wrong. Ultimately the manage carries the can but sometimes the players need to take a bit of responsibility. My guess (and I hope I'm right) is that Ross and Potter will have seen that some players don't have that big game mentality and are replaced with ones that do.
    Last edited by Since452; 24-05-2021 at 11:15 AM.