hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Macey

Matt Macey

Like what I've seen of him so far...pulled off decent saves with not a lot to do in last 2 Cup ties...I think we may have a ready made replacement for Rocky tbh...command's his box a bit better than Rocky does too

2. Log in to remove the advert

Played well today, 2 good saves considering he had nothing of note to do until then.

They tried to make a big deal of the cross he dropped but it was an awkward one and he had 2 men pressuring him. A bit of a scary moment but no big deal, it happens.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I’m not convinced by him at all. Not sure why but I’m just not.

He’s not done anything of note wrong I just think he doesn’t look the most mobile and there’s been one or two free lve thought his positioning at free kicks has been suspect.

Fine for a back up keeper but he’d be a downgrade on Marciano as first choice IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m not convinced by him at all. Not sure why but I’m just not.

He’s not done anything of note wrong I just think he doesn’t look the most mobile and there’s been one or two free lve thought his positioning at free kicks has been suspect.

Fine for a back up keeper but he’d be a downgrade on Marciano as first choice IMO.
    Strange opinion and hyper critical imo but guess we shall see...in the 4 games he's played he's done very little wrong

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Much too early to really make a judgement, but can’t fault him for his performances so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Strange opinion and hyper critical imo but guess we shall see...in the 4 games he's played he's done very little wrong
    Think he got his positioning wrong for the goal against Celtic at parkhead.

There was a goal in a league game shortly after I thought he could have done better with and same applies to the goal he lost at Queen of the south.

By no means obvious mistakes and you’re right, I’m maybe being over critical.

I just think in Marciano we have a really top notch match winner as a keeper, I don’t think Macey is in the same league as him.

I think it would be very difficult to get a keeper as good as Marciano on our budget.

So far Macey has looked decent, and the rumour is that he's been offered a deal for next season which would mean he's showing enough in training.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Wish he was playing in our LC Semi v Saints, he’d have been much more commanding in dealing with their crosses into our box I reckon.

Think he got his positioning wrong for the goal against Celtic at parkhead.

There was a goal in a league game shortly after I thought he could have done better with and same applies to the goal he lost at Queen of the south.

By no means obvious mistakes and you’re right, I’m maybe being over critical.

I just think in Marciano we have a really top notch match winner as a keeper, I don’t think Macey is in the same league as him.
    No there wasn't. Hes only lost 1 league goal, the Celtic one. You really blame the goalie for losing a goal 1 on 1?

You aren't being over critical, you are being ridiculous IMO. He's been good.

From what little we've seen of Macey I think he's worth offering at least a 12 month deal.

Obviously it wouldn't necessarily mean he'd be the number 1 as we'll be looking for a replacement for Rocky too. I'd be happy to see Bogdan come back.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Wish he was playing in our LC Semi v Saints, he’d have been much more commanding in dealing with their crosses into our box I reckon.
    Than Hanlon or Porteous? because they were the ones who lost headers, not Marciano.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    He did fine against Tier 2 and 4 clubs. Can't really conclude much on that.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No there wasn't. Hes only lost 1 league goal, the Celtic one. You really blame the goalie for losing a goal 1 on 1?

You aren't being over critical, you are being ridiculous IMO. He's been good.
    Ok, there was another mistake then. Was definitely something that happened that gave me the ****s about him.

Call it ridiculous if you want, I don’t really care. In a years time there’s no danger we’ll be talking about him in the same light we do about Marciano.

Ok, there was another mistake then. Was definitely something that happened that gave me the ****s about him.

Call it ridiculous if you want, I don’t really care. In a years time there’s no danger we’ll be talking about him in the same light we do about Marciano.
    What mistakes? He's lost 2 goals and you've mentioned both.

I'm not saying we will. You can think we need another keeper without making stuff up about Macey, though. I'd rather keep Rocky as well but Macey hasn't done anything wrong really, Ross might go with him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Can’t really agree, couple of excellent stops in both games. Doesn’t really make much of a difference if it came from the foot of a tier 4 or tier 1 player.

More than happy for him to be next years number 1 based on what I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    What mistakes? He's lost 2 goals and you've mentioned both.

I'm not saying we will. You can think we need another keeper without making stuff up about Macey, though. I'd rather keep Rocky as well but Macey hasn't done anything wrong really, Ross might go with him.
    Do mistakes only happen if they come to goals?

Tone of your posts are annoying me though. Don’t understand why there’s need to be a prick about it. You just disagree with me, that’s fine.

For me, I think there’s been glimpses of things I’ve been a bit concerned about with him. Not been obvious errors, I’m just not convinced by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    And celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    And celtic.
    He had a couple of very good saves against Celtic but I think his positioning for their goal was poor in that game.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Do mistakes only happen if they come to goals?

Tone of your posts are annoying me though. Don’t understand why there’s need to be a prick about it. You just disagree with me, that’s fine.

For me, I think there’s been glimpses of things I’ve been a bit concerned about with him. Not been obvious errors, I’m just not convinced by him.
    His kicking has been off a few times and I’d definitely blame him for the goal at Parkhead. Few very good saves in the games he’s played though, hopefully we get 3rd wrapped up early (it’s Hibs, we won’t) and he gets the chance to play a bit more.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Agree with Bingo re the lost goals but more than happy for him Macey to be handed the gloves for next season

Looks capable enough commanding and good with the ball at his feet

Would benefit from a run in the team
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 18-04-2021 at 03:46 PM.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Would like to think that we are talking to him about next season already. A cup winners medal in his pocket and the chance to play European Football would help.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He had a couple of very good saves against Celtic but I think his positioning for their goal was poor in that game.
    I think you might just be a bit nervous about change, Rocky has been the best we've had in a long time, and you obviously remember the traffic cones we had before.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think you might just be a bit nervous about change, Rocky has been the best we've had in a long time, and you obviously remember the traffic cones we had before.
    ****ing right.

Do you not? 😂

****ing right.

Do you not? 😂

Coaching Staff
    I like Macey, solid and makes important saves, good talker and his distribution is way better than Marciano. Definitely worth a deal and making him No. 1 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    FWIW I’d like is to sign the ex hearts ******* and current Rangers ******* Jon McLaughlin.

I know he’ll be on more than we can afford just now but I have a hunch he’ll want to be playing first team football. Macey as back up to him would be fine with me.

Too early to make judgement on him yet for me.

I agree that there have been a few moments which have left a little to be desired, positioning for Celtic go and I also think he probably should have saved the QoS goal. That being said you could argue that Marciano would have done similar had he been out for a long time and on getting minimal runs in the team.

Put it this way I'd be happy enough at this stage if we chose to go with Macey as #1 next season and give him a run in the side, although I think we'll struggle to fully replace Marciano

We will be signing another keeper regardless but I’ve not seen anything major that has red flags to be fair to him.

One hand save on his left was a beaut.

FWIW I’d like is to sign the ex hearts ******* and current Rangers ******* Jon McLaughlin.

I know he’ll be on more than we can afford just now but I have a hunch he’ll want to be playing first team football. Macey as back up to him would be fine with me.
    Good shout, he did look decent for them, and was it Sunderland too apparently?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    We will be signing another keeper regardless but I’ve not seen anything major that has red flags to be fair to him.

One hand save on his left was a beaut.
    He's made a few top saves when he's played Nicho, that save was good because like others he's made he has the intuition to palm them away from danger. I seriously think there's a top keeper in Macey if he gets the chance to be a No. 1