hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, roasted for the goal and with any pace running at him. We can do better and should move on from Hanlon.
    No. Utter nonsense. You'll need to up your game here.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Naw. I don't.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    It must be quite complicated when, despite the good result last night (by anyone's standards), someone's trying to argue the toss and introduce negatives across a few different threads.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It must be quite complicated when, despite the good result last night (by anyone's standards), someone's trying to argue the toss and introduce negatives across a few different threads.
    Think you need to read threads properly before making your sly little digs.

Naw. I don't.
    We all have areas for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Yes, you have to admire their tenacity, their commitment, their indefatigability........However, there needs to be more subtlety and nuance, less obvious obviousness. Still, tbf, it’s all just a laugh innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    I'm not blaming anyone per say, but I do think Hanlon could have stood up and tried ushering him sideways or whatever, as I said it was a teenage left back he was facing not an experienced attacker.
    The best teams in the world can leave their defence exposed from time to time, an experienced defender will usually deal with it better than Paul did last night. I'm not as big a fan of him as you and some others, I think we can do better for the future is all I'm saying.

It was Hanlon's fault for their goal, he came across and committed himself far too quickly, it was simple for the guy to stick it through his legs and onto the goals, all he needed to do was stand up and usher him one way or another, it was his only real mistake though.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    If he was half the player you think he is he would be some player. His time at Hibs is coming to an end along with a few others.
    Unnatural bounce of the ball on that terrible pitch had an effect on their goal. Concerned that when the game opened up it was QOS who scored. That can be partially explained by subs and how we blitzed them for thirty minutes after the break.

Coaching Staff
    Not sure Mallan will be here next season - I really like the look of Regan Hendry at Raith and think he'd be available as an out of contract player. Tenacious, good on the ball, few goals and assists to his name this season. Good age for further development and has done a decent 'apprenticeship' in the Championship. Allan Campbell would be another but think he'll fancy a move down south and may be slightly out our reach.

Hanlon is the last person I would blame for that goal last night. He was the only player who was in his actual position.

Porteous is where you’d expect McGinn to be and McGinn further up. Keep in mind it’s a back 3 we play.

I also don’t see the big deal about it being a young player that done it? That probably puts him at an advantage.

If you’re running at a defender who is isolated and 30 yards out you know all you need to do is knock it past him and you’re through.

Wouldn’t be many defenders that would have stopped that 1 v 1 situation yesterday without a goal or red card.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Hanlon is the last person I would blame for that goal last night. He was the only player who was in his actual position.

Porteous is where you’d expect McGinn to be and McGinn further up. Keep in mind it’s a back 3 we play.

I also don’t see the big deal about it being a young player that done it? That probably puts him at an advantage.

If you’re running at a defender who is isolated and 30 yards out you know all you need to do is knock it past him and you’re through.

Wouldn’t be many defenders that would have stopped that 1 v 1 situation yesterday without a goal or red card.
    At 3-0 and time running out it wasn't worth Hanlon trying anything high tariff that might have resulted in a sending off.
    With 11 Hibs players still on the pitch it was nothing more than a consolation goal.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    It was Hanlon's fault for their goal, he came across and committed himself far too quickly, it was simple for the guy to stick it through his legs and onto the goals, all he needed to do was stand up and usher him one way or another, it was his only real mistake though.
    The guy was running onto a pass at speed. Hanlon was the only defender anywhere near him. He couldn't just stand up and usher him away, the boy took him on from a flying start. All he could do was try to make a tackle and he never managed it. it happens to the best of them

I would be wondering why the midfield opened up like the Red Sea in front of him?

SPFL Premiership
    Top 10 Most Interceptions
    As at 06/04

Hakeem Odoffin 106
    Jon Guthrie 81
    Andy Considine 66
    Jamie McCart 62
    Liam Gordon 58
    Paul Hanlon 56
    Ash Taylor 54
    Alex Gogic 52
    Conor McCarthy 51
    Joe Shaughnessy 51

Interesting stats.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    So Scott Allan is now cup-tied and already running the show for Inverness. Unbelievable.
    Playing well for Inverness and getting match-fit for next season or sitting on our bench doing nothing. Unbelievable that this is considered unbelievable.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Playing well for Inverness and getting match-fit for next season or sitting on our bench doing nothing. Unbelievable that this is considered unbelievable.
    Caley are playing tonight away at Morton

Agreed, roasted for the goal and with any pace running at him. We can do better and should move on from Hanlon.
    Just not true. Dunno where this rubbish comes from. If we get a better centre back he'd be alongside hanlon. It would take two better to replace him and its not gonna happen. Quality player at hibs level and captained us to 3rd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Finally someone with eyes. Spot on. It's like blaming their goalie for Doidges second.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

The failing was from our midfield allowing a single defender to be isolated. Gogic posted missing.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

The guy was running onto a pass at speed. Hanlon was the only defender anywhere near him. He couldn't just stand up and usher him away, the boy took him on from a flying start. All he could do was try to make a tackle and he never managed it. it happens to the best of them

I would be wondering why the midfield opened up like the Red Sea in front of him?
    There is that, I still think he sold himself too easily, we needed fresh legs in the middle and I also thought McGinn had another poor game, found himself too far forward down the right for a his position.

There is that, I still think he sold himself too easily, we needed fresh legs in the middle and I also thought McGinn had another poor game, found himself too far forward down the right for a his position.
    Yes, McGinn was way out of position for their goal.

Hanlon did well not to bring the guy down. A sending off would have been futile and damaging for the side. It was disappointing not to keep a clean sheet, but it did ensure I got two points rather than just the one for the HIbs.Net predictor league, so it wasn't all bad really

Yes, McGinn was way out of position for their goal.

Hanlon did well not to bring the guy down. A sending off would have been futile and damaging for the side. It was disappointing not to keep a clean sheet, but it did ensure I got two points rather than just the one for the HIbs.Net predictor league, so it wasn't all bad really
    It annoyed me as I had them down for a 3-0 win😡😁

Didn't McGinn win the ball for the 3rd?

It annoyed me as I had them down for a 3-0 win😡😁
    So did I.

After Boyle scored I wanted us to ease off, and after they scored I wanted one more so that I'd have the consolation of the correct goal difference.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.