hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Scott Allan Question

Did anyone watch the Ross County v ICT cup tie last night ? Note that Scott Allan got 72 minutes.How did he play ?

This probably will not happen,but if we had to recall him before end of season is he now cup tied.

Noted earlier in season there was a question whether Eamonn Brophy was League Cup tied after playing for Kilmarnock in cup before going to St Mirren.Turned out there were different rules this season and he was eligible to play for St Mirren.Anyone know.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone watch the Ross County v ICT cup tie last night ? Note that Scott Allan got 72 minutes.How did he play ?

This probably will not happen,but if we had to recall him before end of season is he now cup tied.

Noted earlier in season there was a question whether Eamonn Brophy was League Cup tied after playing for Kilmarnock in cup before going to St Mirren.Turned out there were different rules this season and he was eligible to play for St Mirren.Anyone know.
    Yes he's cup tied but I don't believe we can recall him anyway.
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 03-04-2021 at 09:19 AM.

Outside side of transfer window, cannot be registered for us or anyone other than Inverness now.

First Team Breakthrough
    I'd personally like SA in the Hibs first team but seeing as he is away 'til end if season, can Jack Ross please pick 'his' best 11 every week. Chopping and changing the team lends itself to inconsistency and by 'n large poor results.

Thought Scott was alright last night. Battled away well. Will have done him good. Confirmed to me he isn't ready for top 6 Premiership football yet though. Fingers crossed it isn't long before he's getting 90 mins.
    Last edited by Since452; 03-04-2021 at 09:46 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t think Scott ever played in an Old Firm match, don’t know how to check, but if he had, he’d surely be the only player to have played in the Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Highland derbies??

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    I don’t think Scott ever played in an Old Firm match, don’t know how to check, but if he had, he’d surely be the only player to have played in the Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Highland derbies??
    Loan to Raith Rovers next season to complete the set

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    No he never played for Celtic against Rangers. The only season he played for Celtic, Rangers were in the Championship and whilst they did play each other in the Scottish Cup that season Allan wasn't involved.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    I'd personally like SA in the Hibs first team but seeing as he is away 'til end if season, can Jack Ross please pick 'his' best 11 every week. Chopping and changing the team lends itself to inconsistency and by 'n large poor results.
    Do you think Jack Ross doesn’t? Different games require different players and at this time of the season niggling injuries and fatigue comes into play so the “best” eleven changes game to game.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    We are 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    We are 3rd
    Amazing what these by and large poor results have done for Hibs eh🤣genuinely despair in what some fans look for.!!