hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good result but duller than dishwater.
    Nisbet hardly touched the ball in 23 mins, next to no service with the ball spending most time along the back 4. McBurnie at least went looking to get involved.
    Must be the only player who can remanufacture his shorts so they are half the length. Bizarre stuff from the big man.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    That was better but we took the foot off the gas. Two strikers on the park looking for their first goal and we fanny about tippy tappy at the back. 😡

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i'm hoping we could take a point of them at Hampden, other than that i can't see where on earth they are going to drop any other points, if they do beat us both games they could win the group with full points, i'm assuming some country has done that in the past
    Scotland’s next game is away to Denmark, would be huge to get something there. With Austria and Israel playing Moldova and Faroe Islands it will probably see Scotland knocked down a few places.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Backwards sideways sideways backwards backwards backwards sideways some more bit more backwards. The players must be told to play that way, safe, low risk, low return football. 4-0 up at home and we must have played it along the back four 20 times in the last 10/15 minutes. Clarke's teams are painful to watch and to think folk criticise Jack Ross's style! Kevin would have been as well not coming on for the chance he had to get in the ball

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A fully fit Tierney is a better player than Robertson. We are lucky to have both but Tierney seems more able to reproduce something resembling his club form for Scotland.

Tierney is a better player than Robertson is, he can defend, he can attack and he can create better. I really believe Tierney could play for the best teams in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    For some reason Provan seems reluctant to give McGinn much credit. First goal was a great ball in by Tierney that McGinn just helped in. Second goal excellent work by Tierney which was a perfect height for McGinn. I’m maybe over picky but I utterly can’t stand Provan.
    You might be overly picky - but 3 games with Provan in one week has been enough for me too!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Agree about Tierney, superb player who could play for any team and probably in a number of positions. Great athlete with a tremendous turn of pace

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Tierney is a better player than Robertson is, he can defend, he can attack and he can create better. I really believe Tierney could play for the best teams in Europe.
    Now no question he’s the more important player for us. Hope he stays fully fit between now and June!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Scotland’s next game is away to Denmark, would be huge to get something there. With Austria and Israel playing Moldova and Faroe Islands it will probably see Scotland knocked down a few places.
    That’s true. A draw would even be great. Israel host Austria the game week following whilst we host Moldova. Would be great to finish that game in second place (going into Austria away).

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    That was better but we took the foot off the gas. Two strikers on the park looking for their first goal and we fanny about tippy tappy at the back. 😡
    Agree with that, i was shouting at the T.V. Give the guys a chance to show what they can do or at least try to pad our G.D. when we have the chance.

I quite enjoyed the 2nd half.

Got the job done then took our foot off the gas. I don't really have any issue with the way we played for the last 25 minutes. Knocked the ball about fairly well, kept possession, probed when there was an opportunity to do so and didn't do anything daft. You can argue we didn't have much to worry about so should have went for the jugular but I'm not really sure there was much merit in doing so.

We needed a win, we got a comfortable one and Austria dropping points means it is a decent night all round.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

back to fourth i predict

@hibs.net private member
    Does KN playing for Scotland effect the celtic clause 😂😂🤣🤣🤣

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Okay, it's 'only' the Faroe Islands (very underappreciated side ) but how often do we score four these day? Come on, we'll take that.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Yep we really need to almost break the group down into three chunks - Denmark will probably run away with things, Moldova and the Faroes will probably only take points from each other and then there's Scotland, Israel and Austria in a mini section all trying to finish second.

So far it's;

Scotland - 2 points from 2 games
    Austria - 1 point from 1 game
    Israel - 1 point from 1 game

Barring a shock win over Denmark and/or Israel or Austria dropping points to the bottom two, we really need to beat Israel at home (doable) and Austria away (unlikely) and draws between Israel and Austria would be good too.

I really think those first two draws have killed us but we'll see.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Does KN playing for Scotland effect the celtic clause 😂😂🤣🤣🤣
    Not sure but I am guessing that we will have to pay an add on for his first cap.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Yep we really need to almost break the group down into three chunks - Denmark will probably run away with things, Moldova and the Faroes will probably only take points from each other and then there's Scotland, Israel and Austria in a mini section all trying to finish second.

So far it's;

Scotland - 2 points from 2 games
    Austria - 1 point from 1 game
    Israel - 1 point from 1 game

Barring a shock win over Denmark and/or Israel or Austria dropping points to the bottom two, we really need to beat Israel at home (doable) and Austria away (unlikely) and draws between Israel and Austria would be good too.

I really think those first two draws have killed us but we'll see.
    How did Denmark become so good?

Looking at their team tonight they’ve got lots of good players but not many superstars.

Ericsson at club level isn’t the same player he was a few years ago. Braithwaite gets slated for Barca and flopped at Boro.

Other than them, they’ve got the boy at the back that plays for Milan but they’re not the side they once were.

They’re clearly a very very good side, they don’t seem to be ‘that’ good on paper though.

I don’t watch much champions league though so there’s every chance they’re full of superstars, I just don’t know them.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Looking at their team tonight they’ve got lots of good players but not many superstars.

Ericsson at club level isn’t the same player he was a few years ago. Braithwaite gets slated for Barca and flopped at Boro.

Other than them, they’ve got the boy at the back that plays for Milan but they’re not the side they once were.

They’re clearly a very very good side, they don’t seem to be ‘that’ good on paper though.

I don’t watch much champions league though so there’s every chance they’re full of superstars, I just don’t know them.
    No superstars as such but they do have a squad littered with players who play at a very high level;

Schmeichel - Leicester
    Maehle - Atalanta
    Christensen - Chelsea
    Kjaer - AC Milan
    Wass - Valencia
    Delaney - Borussia Dortmund
    Hojbjerg - Tottenham
    Poulsen - Leipzig
    Eriksen - Inter Milan
    Braithwaite - Barcelona

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I agree I have been surprised at how good they are so had a deeper look at their squad. Their starting 11 tonight play for Leicester, Valencia, AC Milan, Chelsea, Atalanta, Dortmund, Spurs, Leipzig, Inter, Barca and Copenhagen.

Meanwhile we have more players form non top division clubs than we do champions league teams. Gonna be a big ask to take any points from them.

@hibs.net private member
    No superstars as such but they do have a squad littered with players who play at a very high level;

Schmeichel - Leicester
    Maehle - Atalanta
    Christensen - Chelsea
    Kjaer - AC Milan
    Wass - Valencia
    Hojbjerg - Tottenham
    Poulsen - Leipzig
    Eriksen - Inter Milan
    Braithwaite - Barcelona
    Beat me to it

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Tierney will be captain of Arsenal pretty soon I would think.

I agree he could fit in any team in Europe now.

Truly world class.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Since June 2019, the only European midfielder to score more international goals than McGinn (10) is Georginio Wijnaldum for the Netherlands (11).

Quote Originally Posted by plhibs View Post
    Agree with that, i was shouting at the T.V. Give the guys a chance to show what they can do or at least try to pad our G.D. when we have the chance.

Me too ,really ,really, annoying and frustrating.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Since June 2019, the only European midfielder to score more international goals than McGinn (10) is Georginio Wijnaldum for the Netherlands (11).

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    You might be overly picky - but 3 games with Provan in one week has been enough for me too!

Provan's a great commentator

At one point in the game v Austria it was 1-1 and he came out with " this game could go either way "

I would never have thought that one out 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Provan's a great commentator

At one point in the game v Austria it was 1-1 and he came out with " this game could go either way "

I would never have thought that one out 🙄
    I can only aspire to reach his intellectual level. It'll never happen though, the wife is far too gentle a soul to strike me repeatedly on the head with a large rock......

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Schmeichel - Leicester
    Maehle - Atalanta
    Christensen - Chelsea
    Kjaer - AC Milan
    Wass - Valencia
    Hojbjerg - Tottenham
    Poulsen - Leipzig
    Eriksen - Inter Milan
    Braithwaite - Barcelona
    Yep very strong physically and technically. Watched against Israel and real determination and desire about them. Impressive without being amazing and a strong team unit. Eriiksen provides that bit of quality.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I quite enjoyed the 2nd half.

Got the job done then took our foot off the gas. I don't really have any issue with the way we played for the last 25 minutes. Knocked the ball about fairly well, kept possession, probed when there was an opportunity to do so and didn't do anything daft. You can argue we didn't have much to worry about so should have went for the jugular but I'm not really sure there was much merit in doing so.

We needed a win, we got a comfortable one and Austria dropping points means it is a decent night all round.
    Agree with this a good result and you also need to take into account thtree games in 6 days plus long travel to Israel in between. 4 0 is more than I thought we would win by. Disappointing game for me was the Israel one as the late subs weakened us when we should imo been powering on for three points. In saying that Austria will also struggle in Israel who will rightly think they also have a shot at 2nd.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

Schmeichel - Leicester
    Maehle - Atalanta
    Christensen - Chelsea
    Kjaer - AC Milan
    Wass - Valencia
    Hojbjerg - Tottenham
    Poulsen - Leipzig
    Eriksen - Inter Milan
    Braithwaite - Barcelona

Delaney is a very good player and Hojbjerg has been really good for Spurs this year. Poulsen has looked decent when I’ve seen him play in the Champions League and their defence is probably better than any team outwith the proper big nations.

Player for player I’d say their almost out on their own in an area between the likes of Holland/Portugal/England at the bottom of pot one but ahead of most other pot two teams.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 01-04-2021 at 07:11 AM.

Solid performance by Scotland and did exactly what was required and 4 well crafted and taken goals in international football is to be commended.

Scotland's team picks itself bar 2/3 players and smart management by Clarke to give a few fringe players a start.

The group is shaping up nicely but a big result is going to be required somewhere along the line but that's how it should be.