hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    re Under a rights issue Ron's share holding would not be diluted if he took up his rights when he arrived he said he wanted to grow the business and it may be that he along with others may have to put more money into shares to acheive that aim.
    When he could put it in as a loan and guarantee himself a return on that? He’s a business owner not a fan. He’s sailing us through this pandemic well enough that I trust that he’ll sail us through the rest of it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sam I am not advocating cutting our cloth what I am suggesting is a means to raising working capital for the business without additional interest costs which should free up more funds for improving the playing staff
    I would imagine a loan from Ron would be interest free given his 66% ownership.A rights issue would be difficult to arrange.There are 125million shares of which Ron or his company hold about84million.So an issue at say 1p per share means he would have to put in £840K and the other shareholders £410K probably not worth doing but if the issue was priced to raise a considerably higher amount Ron would have to put in even more and a lot of small shareholders couldn’t afford it. I’m sure you know all this but it seems much simpler to me that the owner pony’s up and gets the money back when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    3rd is critical for a number of reasons, European football and creating a feel good factor for renewal of season tickets.

The accounts this time next year are likely to be worse. There is a good chance Nisbet and Porteous are sold. Should the club have tried to get Marciano under a contract last summer with a view to getting a transfer fee? We need a main shirt sponsor after two years of not having one. I also wonder the value of having so many ageing players under contract. Gray and Stevenson in particular.
    I could be remembering wrongly but was Rocky's deal not a 50% sell on clause for Ashod? I think that was the chat on here and it was the only way we were able to get him. Several thought it didn't really matter because we've hardly ever sold a keeper for any substantial amount. All academic now anyway as he's leaving when his contract is up.

First Team Breakthrough

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I would imagine a loan from Ron would be interest free given his 66% ownership.A rights issue would be difficult to arrange.There are 125million shares of which Ron or his company hold about84million.So an issue at say 1p per share means he would have to put in £840K and the other shareholders £410K probably not worth doing but if the issue was priced to raise a considerably higher amount Ron would have to put in even more and a lot of small shareholders couldn’t afford it. I’m sure you know all this but it seems much simpler to me that the owner pony’s up and gets the money back when possible.
    To be honest I was thinking about 4p per share which is what HSL was buying them for when they could. I am quite confident that when Ron decides it is time to get out he will make sure he gets his money. Whatever the board decides they will have my support

Coaching Staff
    To be honest I was thinking about 4p per share which is what HSL was buying them for when they could. I am quite confident that when Ron decides it is time to get out he will make sure he gets his money. Whatever the board decides they will have my support
    Share option is a non starter. Shares were available for a long time with very little real interest.

Ron has invested, he won’t now dilute and we now need to increase our own income. I’m sure Ron will invest when necessary but a share issue is about the last thing we would consider doing in the current set up.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Share option is a non starter. Shares were available for a long time with very little real interest.

Ron has invested, he won’t now dilute and we now need to increase our own income. I’m sure Ron will invest when necessary but a share issue is about the last thing we would consider doing in the current set up.
    it would more than likely mean the supporters stake being diluted, and for that reason I’d be very much against it.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    The accounts have now arrived, so a few thoughts:-

No issues with Going Concern in the Auditor's Report, which is a relief. Some clubs might have a problem.

Our net current assets (working capital) have halved since the previous year. This is to be expected, but it doesn't look good.

Cash reserves much the same as the py.

The club has done a lot of modelling, based on different scenarios. The worst-case is that the commencement of 21/22 season is played with no fans. In that scenario, the club has sufficient resources to last until 30 June 2022.

In arriving at the above, it "forecasts significant cash from the Company's business interruption proceeds from its insurance holder".

"Plausible downside scenarios" (eg no ST income for 20/21, SPFL payments cancelled) would result in £500-750k additional cash being needed.

"Whilst the company has in the past received capital injections from shareholders, there is no certainty that funding would be available in the future. As at 26 February 2021, no commitments have been made, but the Board are confident that it would be able to access funding if required, including from the majority shareholder".

Audit fee jumped from £16.5k to £21.5k

Staff numbers much the same as the py. Presumably, any redundancies happened after June.

Ron takes no salary.

No amounts due to Bydand at 30 June.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Killie post their financial results

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/fina...ding-may-2020/
    they’re still in profit. Incredible.

Why no glossy brochure for the accounts?
    Crappy production not even on headed paper.

Cost cutting on a micro scale

Well done Ron😎 look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    All down to the one European home game against Connah's Quay. A wee lesson in there? 😀

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    All down to the one European home game against Connah's Quay. A wee lesson in there? 😀
    And £400k cash from two investors........

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    It had been rumoured in the past that Ron personally paid for Nisbet (or maybe it was McGennis?). Do these accounts show if that was the case or will that be next years?

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    And £400k cash from two investors........
    That wouldn't affect profit, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    It had been rumoured in the past that Ron personally paid for Nisbet (or maybe it was McGennis?). Do these accounts show if that was the case or will that be next years?
    There's nothing in the accounts to suggest that Ron has ponied up at all, either in that year or since.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    He signed in this financial year I believe, 10th July

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/celt...porteous-deal/

🙄 same old story since 1888. Nothing changes.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

They really are a vomit enducing bunch.

There's more wrong than right with that article. They've learned to spell "Celtic" though.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    They really are a vomit enducing bunch.

There's more wrong than right with that article. They've learned to spell "Celtic" though.
    god how I hate them. Their natural sense of entitlement.

they’re useful for one thing and one thing only, and that’s stopping hearts from winning cup finals.

Claiming we need to sell. 😂 We'd have taken the £3M for Nesbit if that was the case.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Fact they’ve been concentrating so much on balancing the books may explain their woeful season they’ve had.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Fact they’ve been concentrating so much on balancing the books may explain their woeful season they’ve had.
    The accounts are for last season.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Might’ve been covered but note Shareholders need to register with the club by email to join the virtual AGM next Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Might’ve been covered but note Shareholders need to register with the club by email to join the virtual AGM next Wednesday.
    Thanks - I hadn't seen that info yet.

Did you see if there was a deadline for doing so?
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Thanks - I hadn't seen that info yet.

Did you see if there was a deadline for doing so?
    Nothing on the stuff that came from the club, just says in order to sign up for the agm email full name and email address

Quote Originally Posted by Lovethehibs View Post
    Nothing on the stuff that came from the club, just says in order to sign up for the agm email full name and email address
    Thanks.
    Mon the Hibs.

I've not received a copy of the accounts or invites to the AGMs for the last few years as I moved address. Does anyone have the email address I can contact to update my address?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I've not received a copy of the accounts or invites to the AGMs for the last few years as I moved address. Does anyone have the email address I can contact to update my address?
    commercial@hibernianfc.co.uk is the email given to confirm attendance at the AGM so reckon they’ll be able to get your address updated.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

“Hibs need to sell”

“Hibs turn down combined £3.5million in transfer fees in the hope the they might get the chance to flog them to Celtic”.

Patronising *****.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If Celtic think these 3 Hibs players can help them win back the title next season then we must be doing something right.

Make 8 decent signings and we’ll be contenders ourselves