hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Personally thought the communication from the club has been piss poor in the last couple or so years and nothing compared to the period around Stubbs' time in charge.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We all know football is a ruthless industry and I’m all for Ron and his team striving to make us better but the guys working in the background at clubs like Hibs aren’t on footballers salaries. They’re just normal guys trying to earn a living. Ron’s clear out of the office staff since he’s came in means these guys are out of a job during a time it’s not that easy to find a new one. I hope they all find something to move onto.

I would say there has been a definite improvement in Hibs commercial department since RG arrived and he is much more concerned with the quality of the team than Petrie. If he feels we need changes then he has my backing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heckys Wheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all know football is a ruthless industry and I’m all for Ron and his team striving to make us better but the guys working in the background at clubs like Hibs aren’t on footballers salaries. They’re just normal guys trying to earn a living. Ron’s clear out of the office staff since he’s came in means these guys are out of a job during a time it’s not that easy to find a new one. I hope they all find something to move onto.
    It reads to me that they have both moved on to other jobs.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    TBH I was expecting the club's PR output to be far more dynamic with someone like Kenny Millar in place. I'm probably being unfair because I don't know what his job entails from day to day - plus there's been the small issue of Covid to work through. However PR that's been coming from ER strikes me as being the minimum, though there may well be reasons behind this.

@hibs.net private member
    Although back room and support staff are not something that normally concerns us it is really important things are right behind the scenes. That part of the club was a mess before Leeann arrived. Though her appointment recognised the shortcomings.
    Just take a look at Celtic this season. They had been getting things wrong off the park and it transferred into the playing staff.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I’d say the amount of turnover of non playing personnel in our club of late is at least worth noting. These are not redundancies, these are active roles that people are choosing to move on from. Higher turnover than in recent years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I wonder if the time taken to replace LD is the issue here. Lack of day to day leadership leading to people getting hacked off and leaving.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    TBH I was expecting the club's PR output to be far more dynamic with someone like Kenny Millar in place. I'm probably being unfair because I don't know what his job entails from day to day - plus there's been the small issue of Covid to work through. However PR that's been coming from ER strikes me as being the minimum, though there may well be reasons behind this.
    I made comments to the same effect earlier in the year. I felt the club could’ve been more proactive in getting more content out to fans as the team returned for the season, given there was months without any news, and we’d all shelled out for season tickets full in the knowledge we wouldn’t be seeing any live action.

KM private messages me through Hibs.net, explaining pretty much the whole department was on furlough and they had limited access given the Covid regulations.

Good luck to them all, we’ve had some great outreach on Twitter throughout the last few years, I know they had built a studio at East Mains which they probably haven’t had any use out of due to Covid.

I really like what Motherwell do with their output, it’s almost ‘fly on the wall’ coverage. The raw passion really comes through. I watched a 10 minute round table discussion between their black players the other day and it’s the most powerful piece of content I’ve seen from any club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    The best connection I felt with the club due to comms etc was without doubt the Stubbs era with Tom Zinelli doing stuff like outside the box and Fontaine of knowledge.

It's been far too clinical feeling of late, there's a place for that but I think there should also be a place for more laid back and creative stuff to come from the club which engages fans with the players.
    I agree. The player/fan interaction then was brilliant.

I think it helped having guys like Bartley, Fontaine, McGinn and Cummings around who all embraced it and were willing to really throw themselves into it. It's arguably a bit more professional now but also more clinical and less fun.

In saying that I can't speak highly enough of Kenny Millar. He took the time to PM me a couple of times on here when I asked questions on the forum, he doesn't have to do that. He's also helped out on another couple of things.

I'll be interested to see where we go next with the comms side of things. I definitely think there is scope to have the players more visible.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I wonder if the time taken to replace LD is the issue here. Lack of day to day leadership leading to people getting hacked off and leaving.
    It may be a factor but marketing and comms jobs tend not to be roles in which people hang about for years and years. It's a competitive world and one in which people are always keen to climb the ladder.

Kenny done 18 months at the SFA and just over 2 years at Hibs. I don't think that's particularly unusual in the field.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post

I really like what Motherwell do with their output, it’s almost ‘fly on the wall’ coverage. The raw passion really comes through. I watched a 10 minute round table discussion between their black players the other day and it’s the most powerful piece of content I’ve seen from any club.
    Consistently good social media, done with (iirc) a very small team and good utilisation of technology.

In fact I think a lot of what Motherwell do in the "back office" is good............and, again, with a significantly smaller team than us.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It may be a factor but marketing and comms jobs tend not to be roles in which people hang about for years and years. It's a competitive world and one in which people are always keen to climb the ladder.

Kenny done 18 months at the SFA and just over 2 years at Hibs. I don't think that's particularly unusual in the field.
    I would back this up. I work for a Sports Governing Body and our Marketing staff seem to leave every 18-24 months, once their time with us has added to their CV. At that point I normally get roped into covering for them for 3 months while we recruit. It happened again during Covid and this time I've actually applied for the job since I seem to end up doing it so often anyway !

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Maybe Drey Wright has been lined up to take on the role after successful presenter duties recently 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I would back this up. I work for a Sports Governing Body and our Marketing staff seem to leave every 18-24 months, once their time with us has added to their CV. At that point I normally get roped into covering for them for 3 months while we recruit. It happened again during Covid and this time I've actually applied for the job since I seem to end up doing it so often anyway !
    Hope you are successful with your application 👍

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Hope you are successful with your application 👍
    Cheers Franck

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    I made comments to the same effect earlier in the year. I felt the club could’ve been more proactive in getting more content out to fans as the team returned for the season, given there was months without any news, and we’d all shelled out for season tickets full in the knowledge we wouldn’t be seeing any live action.

KM private messages me through Hibs.net, explaining pretty much the whole department was on furlough and they had limited access given the Covid regulations.

Good luck to them all, we’ve had some great outreach on Twitter throughout the last few years, I know they had built a studio at East Mains which they probably haven’t had any use out of due to Covid.

I don't watch anything other clubs do, but I have read Motherwell mentioned a few times on here. I might have a look over the weekend if I find the time.

Our club's content is really bad though. The pandemic has had an impact, but even the written interviews online just feel hastily put together as Q&As and are generally poor. Even Hibs TV a few years ago had things being highlighted that were on it but harder to find. I enjoyed watching highlights of us beating Bayern Munich and it had a write up on the website. Everything in the past year or so has been the bare minimum, which is a real shame.

I repeat my best wishes to them for the future, but nothing has improved and I feel distanced from my club as a result.

Big fan of Kenny, met him a couple of times on a personal level.

Hope he returns one day in a coaching role

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Is it Hibs TV we’re talking about here or social media stuff like Twitter or Facebook too?

I see match highlights and interviews on Hibs TV without subscribing but I don’t follow Hibs anywhere else online.

Is it worth following them on all the different platforms?

I've no idea what people think is missing when it comes to comms from Hibs. They cover all the socials with updates every day.... thats it. What else do people want?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    I've no idea what people think is missing when it comes to comms from Hibs. They cover all the socials with updates every day.... thats it. What else do people want?
    I think the biggest problem is that Tom Zinelli (often sponsored by Marathon Bet) spoiled us.

People generally expect something more attention grabbing than standard updates. It doesn't have to be big budget either.

As I said before, I'm not looking to criticise Kenny Millar (who I rate), who must have been working in weird circumstances over the past year.