hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on who the sponsor would be and how the name is presented.

The "7 Up Easter Road" is far more appealing than the "BP Arena".
    What about if it was the BP Arena Easter Road? SRU got £50m to call Murrayfield BT Murrayfield. Everyone just calls it Murrayfield except commentators and even then not all the time

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    What about if it was the BP Arena Easter Road? SRU got £50m to call Murrayfield BT Murrayfield. Everyone just calls it Murrayfield except commentators and even then not all the time
    The greenest club in Scotland would need a cleaner sponsor than BP, so "BT Easter Road" would work without the arena. Otherwise you end up with one of the convoluted American names like "Empower Field at Mile High".
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Hibernian View Post
    Not sure where you are getting your information from but even taking into half-season ticket sales, Everton are way behind Liverpool. Liverpool supporters, whom Iknow l, take much delight in stating they don't do half-season ticket sales.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...icket-18086765

Just googling gets me various reports on season ticket numbers down south, this is just one example that compares Aston Villa with Liverpool, Everton ect but there are numerous others that position EFC above LFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post

Just googling gets me various reports on season ticket numbers down south, this is just one example that compares Aston Villa with Liverpool, Everton ect but there are numerous others that position EFC above LFC.
    At the end of the day whatever the story is with STs the crowds Everton get are remarkable, they have shared a city with a club who over the last half century have won titles, cups and European trophies way way in excess of their meagre return and yet still they support Everton in numbers, that's something any club could be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    At the end of the day whatever the story is with STs the crowds Everton get are remarkable, they have shared a city with a club who over the last half century have won titles, cups and European trophies way way in excess of their meagre return and yet still they support Everton in numbers, that's something any club could be proud of.
    I agree with this, we only had a poor derby record to contend with. I can't imagine what it would have been like if our neighbours were a 10th as successful as Liverpool have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post

In addition to that, Liverpool, Man Utd and the three main 'Big Six' London clubs could sell more seasons than they do but instead choose to exploit the foreign tourist market and the once a season day tripper from Devon who would also spend a fortune on merchandise ect.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    They have to get changed in main stadium then walk across to the ground !

Everything looks temporary and the poles are ridiculous - not quite sure what they were thinking.
    I thought Boris said all the poles would disappear after Brexit...? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Depends on where you were living or coming from.
    Can’t think of any of those criteria or circumstances that would have made any move a good idea.
    Location, stadium and transport links were all tick tick tick I think even then.

For me, Straiton was just too far away from town, plus there's no rail links and very limited bus routes.

I think it would have been a nightmare on both the bypass and Burdiehouse Road every match day, as almost everybody would have had to go by car.

If the proposal had been to move to Leith Docks, or even the site next to Asda at The Jewel (which was very briefly under discussion), then it wouldn't have been quite so bad.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    For me, Straiton was just too far away from town, plus there's no rail links and very limited bus routes.

I think it would have been a nightmare on both the bypass and Burdiehouse Road every match day, as almost everybody would have had to go by car.

If the proposal had been to move to Leith Docks, or even the site next to Asda at The Jewel (which was very briefly under discussion), then it wouldn't have been quite so bad.
    I meant Easter Road ticked all the boxes, not ****ing Straiton!

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    I agree with this, we only had a poor derby record to contend with. I can't imagine what it would have been like if our neighbours were a 10th as successful as Liverpool have been.
    the amusing thing is how hearts fans talk as if they are on a par with Liverpool

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    the amusing thing is how hearts fans talk as if they are on a par with Liverpool
    Liverpool can keep their European Cups and League Championships. They have never won a World War.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    How would you feel if we changed the name of the stadium? If it was to increase revenue.
    im resigned to the fact it’s probably going to happen (nothing sacred in football and an American chairman will surely be looking at options like that). Wouldn’t say I’m overly pleased about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I meant Easter Road ticked all the boxes, not ****ing Straiton!

OK, calm doon auld yin