hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annual Accounts

Annual Accounts

The Annual Accounts must be about to be released as on the 19 February 2020 a Confirmation Statement was lodged with Company's House, which will be available within 10 days.
    So look forward to an announcement soon. Good news or bad news???

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JGS56 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Annual Accounts must be about to be released as on the 19 February 2020 a Confirmation Statement was lodged with Company's House, which will be available within 10 days.
    Likely to be bad reading and not looking forward to it to be honest. Next season will put us back on track if we qualify for Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Likely to be bad reading and not looking forward to it to be honest. Next season will put us back on track if we qualify for Europe.
    Wont be bad reading for these accounts, majority of the season was played and we only missed out on a couple of home games.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Wont be bad reading for these accounts, majority of the season was played and we only missed out on a couple of home games.
    ST income will be down a fair bit compared to previous years (the bulk of the money came in later IIRC).

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    ST income will be down a fair bit compared to previous years (the bulk of the money came in later IIRC).
    Did we not have record ST sales last year? They were healthy anyways I'm sure.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Did we not have record ST sales last year? They were healthy anyways I'm sure.
    ST sales for this season (20-21) will be in last year's accounts.

Just been checking the website again - I have got it wrong. It is not the Annual Accounts - just a confirmation of shares.
    Maybe more have been issued to put more money into the Club.

Need to watch for the release of this document.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I await with baited breath the forensic accountancy analysis from oneleagueback. Only after they have checked and double checked the figures using that counting super power of their additional finger on each hand will I know what to think.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I await with baited breath the forensic accountancy analysis from oneleagueback. Only after they have checked and double checked the figures using that counting super power of their additional finger on each hand will I know what to think.
    They'll be fine to count up to 24 1/2 if they take their shoes and y-fronts off.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    ST sales for this season (20-21) will be in last year's accounts.
    It won't show it that way. The cash for this season will be in them (with the other side showing as deferred income in the creditors) but the income would fall into the correct years.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Just been checking the website again - I have got it wrong. It is not the Annual Accounts - just a confirmation of shares.

doubt it. Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    It won't show it that way. The cash for this season will be in them (with the other side showing as deferred income in the creditors) but the income would fall into the correct years.
    Yes, but the cash balance is shown and can be a decent indicator of how well (or not) we're set up for the season to come.

Yes, but the cash balance is shown and can be a decent indicator of how well (or not) we're set up for the season to come.
    Whether our accounts are healthy or not isn’t based on the following years’ season ticket sales. We had record season ticket sales for last season and the league was cut short by only 3/4 home games. It wouldn’t have affected us too much. This season is a different story altogether.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wonder when the alleged insurance money was paid

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

It's the Confirmation Statement, which is submitted annually.

It's a declaration of the shareholders and office-bearers of the club. An allotment of shares would be shown on a different form.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 22-02-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Whether our accounts are healthy or not isn’t based on the following years’ season ticket sales. We had record season ticket sales for last season and the league was cut short by only 3/4 home games. It wouldn’t have affected us too much. This season is a different story altogether.
    Except you can't ignore the fact that a large part of the following season's ST sales are included in the accounts and have been for as long as I can remember.

I was a partner in my own business at 25 years old (and still am). Please don't try to give me a lesson about accounts.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Except you can't ignore the fact that a large part of the following season's ST sales are included in the accounts and have been for as long as I can remember.

I was a partner in my own business at 25 years old (and still am). Please don't try to give me a lesson about accounts.
    We sold around 9000 ST by 30th June
    What was the final figure

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    We sold around 9000 ST by 30th June
    What was the final figure
    I can't remember TBH. Was it not something like 11.5 - 12k?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Whilst I was on the Companies House site , I had a look at Developments with our neighbours .

I see director Eric Hogg ( Mrs Budge’s Bidey - in ) has left the Hearts board.

Movement preparing for take over by FoH or just fed up with the circus.

Has no impact on our P/L though which is all fans are interested in. If you look at a snapshot of our cash balance to determine how healthy our accounts are then fair play.

Not sure why your getting so defensive, no one is giving any lessons, just stating a fact that this years season ticket sales doesn’t impact last years top level accounts.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

Jesus Christ. Chill out. Came across as a bit of a dick with your last sentence there. Tad unnecessary.

Has no impact on our P/L though which is all fans are interested in. If you look at a snapshot of our cash balance to determine how healthy our accounts are then fair play.
    Did I mention profit & loss?

In years gone by the accounts were issued in time for an AG well before Christmas. With a very large part of our income being sales banked in advance, the size of the pile of cash to hand as we entered the season was a good pointer as to the nick we were in.

Balance sheets can be manipulated in any number of ways, but there's no arguing with cash in hand.

Cash is king and cash-flow is everything.

This isn't as interesting if the accounts are published toward the end of the season and obviously Covid & Ron mean that our finances are now far less predictable us outsiders.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 22-02-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Jesus Christ. Chill out. Come across as a bit of a dick with your last sentence there. Tad unnecessary.
    Some posters have taken to disagreeing with me whenever the opportunity presents. I can't be bothered with a pissing contest tonight.

If you think I'm a dick then that's up to you.

Not sure why your getting so defensive, no one is giving any lessons, just stating a fact that this years season ticket sales doesn’t impact last years top level accounts.
    I'd disagree on that.

If you follow the discussions about the accounts on here over the past few years, fans are arguably more interested in how much cash we have/had, in order to support or criticise the Club's spending.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 22-02-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Did I mention profit & loss?

In years gone by the accounts were issued in time for an AG well before Christmas. With a very large part of our income being sales banked in advance, the size of the pile of cash to hand as we entered the season was a good pointer as to the nick we were in.

Balance sheets can be manipulated in any number of ways, but there's no arguing with cash in hand.

Cash is king and cash-flow is everything.

This isn't as interesting if the accounts are published toward the end of the season and obviously Covid & Ron mean that our finances are far less predictable to the likes of us.
    The average punter has no idea what a healthy cash balance would look like. No one talks about how much cash a club has in the bank when the accounts come out. The first line someone will look at to determine accounts health will be P/L. Profit good, loss bad. 99% aren’t accountants therefore care very little around the inner details.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I'd disagree on that.

If you follow the discussions about the accounts on here over the past few years, fans are arguably more interested in how much cash we have/had, in order to support or criticise the Club's spending.
    But then state that we had £xm in the bank so we should be fine through Covid, even though said cash balance was actually 9 months before and is more than likely all gone by the time the accounts are produced. Celtic produced their half season accounts and all anyone talks about is the £6m loss, nothing about their cash in the bank balance.

The average punter has no idea what a healthy cash balance would look like. No one talks about how much cash a club has in the bank when the accounts come out. The first line someone will look at to determine accounts health will be P/L. Profit good, loss bad. 99% aren’t accountants therefore care very little around the inner details.
    Yes we do. We have the conversation every season. It's also often one of the bullet points in the press statement when the accounts are released, especially when cash in hand is good.

As for profit & loss.

We've already seen Hearts declare 7 figure profits and cash in hand of £2m going into the season, whereas Hibs have barely broken even but have £5m in the bank.

I know which I'd prefer to be.

But then state that we had £xm in the bank so we should be fine through Covid, even though said cash balance was actually 9 months before and is more than likely all gone by the time the accounts are produced. Celtic produced their half season accounts and all anyone talks about is the £6m loss, nothing about their cash in the bank balance.
    It's only recently that the accounts have been so "late".

In most years, the accounts are out well before the end of the calendar year, so that fans can discuss just how well the ST cash has been spent. If you look back at previous years' discussions on here, the chat is generally more sophisticated than looking at just one number. I'd wager that would go for Celtic boards as well.

Yes we do. We have the conversation every season. It's also often one of the bullet points in the press statement when the accounts are released, especially when cash in hand is good.

As for profit & loss.

We've already seen Hearts declare 7 figure profits and cash in hand of £2m going into the season, whereas Hibs have barely broken even but have £5m in the bank.

I know which I'd prefer to be.
    What is a healthy cash in hand balance? Also, how often do we sell more than 9000 season tickets by the end of June (cut off date for accounts so cut off date for cash in hand)? Again I don’t think this seasons ticket sales at that point has any impact on the health of last seasons accounts.