hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs Game Every Day

Hi All,

This post is a shameless plug for an Instagram account I’ve set up today.

For those of you that are interested or use Instagram feel free to give it a follow, I spent a lot of time during lockdown #1 going through the seasons and making note of every Hibs game, the result, the scorers and a few anecdotes on a huge excel spreadsheet like the huge geek that I am.

I am finding myself incredibly bored this lockdown so I’ve decided I’ll set this up as a bit of a hobby to share something every day and a bit of a trip down memory lane really from the good old days when it was all exciting and we could go every week.

I’ve started at the beginning of the 2004/05 season and I’ll see where I go from it, I’ll be sharing a summary of each game and a few anecdotes depending on the game.

Feel free to follow the account, ignore this post or do whatever you like, just thought I would share for anyone interested.

The account is here: https://www.instagram.com/hibsgameeveryday/

Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi All,

For those of you that are interested or use Instagram feel free to give it a follow, I spent a lot of time during lockdown #1 going through the seasons and making note of every Hibs game, the result, the scorers and a few anecdotes on a huge excel spreadsheet like the huge geek that I am.

I am finding myself incredibly bored this lockdown so I’ve decided I’ll set this up as a bit of a hobby to share something every day and a bit of a trip down memory lane really from the good old days when it was all exciting and we could go every week.

I’ve started at the beginning of the 2004/05 season and I’ll see where I go from it, I’ll be sharing a summary of each game and a few anecdotes depending on the game.

Feel free to follow the account, ignore this post or do whatever you like, just thought I would share for anyone interested.

Cheers
    Following and looking forward to more content.
    Love good hibs content.
    I'll give it a shameless plug on twitter 😁

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Sounds great but i've not progressed to Instagram yet :
    Get it on Twitter and here.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Sounds great but i've not progressed to Instagram yet :
    Get it on Twitter and here.
    Me neither. Gram? Is that something to do with drugs?

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Me neither. Gram? Is that something to do with drugs?
    Teenfs and half q's when I was a boy.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Hi All,

Cheers
    Good idea. Have you got a note of the assists? It would be interesting to see how many each player's got.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Good idea. Have you got a note of the assists? It would be interesting to see how many each player's got.
    Not got the assists, nope, stats for a few of the things are pretty ropey, I’ll try to include as much detail about each goal as I go though!

Hi All,

Cheers
    I remember that season fondly as it was the first season I had a season ticket. Row D Famous 5 lower

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Given you a follow and look forward to a daily reminisce

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Hi All,

Cheers
    Just followed you bud, looking forward to the content

I've also followed the link - though I don't really 'get' Instagram. To me it just seems like a modern day equivalent of looking at someone else's holiday snaps...... And by someone else I mean people you don't know,
    have never met and never will meet!

Edit: in bygone days you only had to suffer friends tedious snaps once a year. On Instagram it's every single day 😲
    Last edited by brianmc; 18-02-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Thought it was an interesting idea, at least. Clicked on the link to see what was posted and you’ve knocked it out the park with your first post, great detail and was really interesting to read. Just followed and looking forward to more posts.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Thought it was an interesting idea, at least. Clicked on the link to see what was posted and you’ve knocked it out the park with your first post, great detail and was really interesting to read. Just followed and looking forward to more posts.
    Appreciated mate 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    E
    Hi All,

Cheers
    Maybe worth checking out the ‘On This Day In History’ thread if you are struggling for material

I have to say that I found www.fitbastats.com to be the best website as a reliable source of invaluable data and information for all things HIBS

My biggest bugbear is that there now seems to be less HIBS VT available than say one year ago

Good luck!

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Hi All,

Cheers
    Enjoyed the first post, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Teenfs and half q's when I was a boy.
    Half q's? Crikey, that's an odd one - was 'eighths' in my day!

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    E

Maybe worth checking out the ‘On This Day In History’ thread if you are struggling for material

I have to say that I found www.fitbastats.com to be the best website as a reliable source of invaluable data and information for all things HIBS

My biggest bugbear is that there now seems to be less HIBS VT available than say one year ago

Good luck!
    Cheers for the info!

I have a spreadsheet with 843 games on it to get through so I’ll see how I get on but I’ll definitely have a look,

Thanks mate

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Cheers for the info!

I have a spreadsheet with 843 games on it to get through so I’ll see how I get on but I’ll definitely have a look,

Thanks mate

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Hi mate, this is a fantastic idea. I don’t suppose there’s any chance you could do a copy/paste to here for those of us that don’t have Instagram?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Hi mate, this is a fantastic idea. I don’t suppose there’s any chance you could do a copy/paste to here for those of us that don’t have Instagram?
    Cheers mate!

I’ll probably stick to Instagram for now because I’m able to do a couple of nice things with clips on there, I’m doing for a couple of the games I’ve got ready to post, I’ll see how I go with it and whether I stick to posting etc and will consider doing something like that in the future.

I think I’m right in saying you don’t need Instagram to view the posts so you’re welcome to chuck it in your bookmarks and have a look every so often.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Hi All,

Cheers
    You should get together with John from Longbangers Podcast, he loves a wee spreadsheet too

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Its a nice idea, but are you sure you are allowed to use the pictures you are using? Since they are watermarked, could they fall under copyright infringement?

I'm no instagram expert, so it might all be fine, but wouldn't want you to put lots of work in only for it to be taken down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Monts View Post
    Its a nice idea, but are you sure you are allowed to use the pictures you are using? Since they are watermarked, could they fall under copyright infringement?

I'm no instagram expert, so it might all be fine, but wouldn't want you to put lots of work in only for it to be taken down again.
    These things were taken from online and they’re in the public domain so it should be fine, I’m obviously not profiting from this so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    You should get together with John from Longbangers Podcast, he loves a wee spreadsheet too
    Always happy to blether about it to whoever, feel free to drop me a message on here or insta