hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Target for September should be to get all our season tickets into the 4 stands.
    No away supporters.
    Agree. It’s likely to be season ticket holders only initially

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sorry if people don’t agree and take offence, but the fact that we are talking about ‘could’ and ‘maybe’ 18 months down the line shows what an absolute ****show this government have presided over. Leitch himself said we are going to have to live with the virus at some stage, yet here we are, still sitting in our houses with no prospect of normality, while the government throw all sorts of threats our way and little by little remove all aspects of our freedom.

@hibs.net private member
    We changed our season ticket seats for this season, might be able to change it again before ever having the chance of getting to watch a game in it!🤔😂

@hibs.net private member
    We are seeing more and more on here along the lines of I can’t renew as I don’t want to watch this style of play etc etc. Maybe after all that has happened in the world it time to let those fans go and rebuild the club from a smaller fan base.

We watched the game yesterday as a family of 4 for the first time, I currently have a season ticket with my oldest, my wife was talking about her and the youngest getting a ST as well and we could incorporate the games into a weekend away (we live in a Ayr), or out for lunch before the game.

The point I’m making is fan bases can be rebuilt over time, if we do lose a high proportion due to the pandemic and the supposed utterly horrendous football on show, we will rebuild the fan base over time.

@hibs.net private member
    My youngest daughter has started to really get into Hibs by watching the games with me, her older sister less so!😂 I’ll definitely be getting at least 1 additional season ticket for next year for her, hopefully there’s been more kids, wife’s.....husbands! that have been converted whilst watching at home and want to experience the ‘real thing’!.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    My youngest daughter has started to really get into Hibs by watching the games with me, her older sister less so!😂 I’ll definitely be getting at least 1 additional season ticket for next year for her, hopefully there’s been more kids, wife’s.....husbands! that have been converted whilst watching at home and want to experience the ‘real thing’!.
    Basically identical to us. My pal who used to sit next to us but moved to the west stand from the FFL two years ago is also returning to the FFL next year to take her niece who has expressed an interest in hibs.

You never know, the FFL might actually have a resurgence with families.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    *****, amateur stuff on my part

I know, you need to think things through before you post.

Not that I ever do, but there you go...

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’m really pretty devastated that we’re talking about September before some people are possibly back.

Went for a walk round Easter road the other day and realised how much I miss it. I’m quite lucky in that mental health problems aren’t something that’s really ever effected me but I almost found myself getting a bit emotional about it.

I’d really thought once the vaccine started to get rolled out, the most vulnerable people would stop dying and things would start to return to normal again. Maybe I was being naive but I thought we’d definitely be back by the summer, to hear we’ve probably got the best part of another year of this is really depressing.

I walk past Hampden every day on my lunch break, and I almost wish they'd let me in to drink my coffee in the North Stand seats and stare wistfully at the pitch.

Not that I'm that sad but...

Just wondering what would make you buy a season ticket / membership for next season ?

I know many peoples circumstances have changed due to the last 12 months and everything that’s been going on but curious to see what would seriously make you consider renewing.

I’m not sure the exact number sold this season but maybe some creative thinking could help the club match the similar number / income.

Some people will renew whatever the circumstances but there is probably a large number unsure due to the nature of whether or not we will see games at the stadium from August / September.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Just wondering what would make you buy a season ticket / membership for next season ?

I know many peoples circumstances have changed due to the last 12 months and everything that’s been going on but curious to see what would seriously make you consider renewing.

I’m not sure the exact number sold this season but maybe some creative thinking could help the club match the similar number / income.

Some people will renew whatever the circumstances but there is probably a large number unsure due to the nature of whether or not we will see games at the stadium from August / September.
    I'm in a very fortunate situation in that I've been able to keep working and stay in a job, I know that everyone's not been as lucky as I've been. Because I'm in that situation I'm going to buy a season ticket whatever the situation with being able to get in to games or not. It might seem a bit daft, and I know its very unlikely to the point of impossible that we'll get into games at least in the early part of the season, but I see it as a way of supporting the club and I want Hibs to still be there in as decent shape as possible when we can get back to games. There's bound to be a massive drop off in ST sales this year with the uncertainty and that'll have an effect on preparations for next season, whatever form that takes. As I can, I'll do what I can do help.

Again, I know not everyone is in a position to be able to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    I'm in a very fortunate situation in that I've been able to keep working and stay in a job, I know that everyone's not been as lucky as I've been. Because I'm in that situation I'm going to buy a season ticket whatever the situation with being able to get in to games or not. It might seem a bit daft, and I know its very unlikely to the point of impossible that we'll get into games at least in the early part of the season, but I see it as a way of supporting the club and I want Hibs to still be there in as decent shape as possible when we can get back to games. There's bound to be a massive drop off in ST sales this year with the uncertainty and that'll have an effect on preparations for next season, whatever form that takes. As I can, I'll do what I can do help.

Likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

It would be very easy to say "loyalty" or "habit" but the simple fact of the matter is that, like the two other replies, I'm in the fortunate position of having the disposable income to buy a season ticket despite knowing that there's a fair chance I won't get the full benefit. I'll still wait until the end of the early bird window though to buy.

Anyone with kids, out of work etc has a big decision to make and, regardless of whether they buy or not, their decision will be the right one for their circumstances.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post

Same as me

Worked through this horrendous period every single day so i can afford to renew for me and my boy.

We need to be back in stadiums by 2022

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Ive not been a season ticket holder for a couple of seasons now as due to personal circumstance the number of matches I can actually attend is dwindling. Even at the height of attending I was only getting to 12/13 matches a season (I do live in Lancashire and work in Herts and Cambs btw). Have been giving serious consideration to buying for next season although in all likeliness I would be lucky to see 5 games, but its about doing your bit for the club. Its virtually a donation I guess. I've given thought to perhaps letting someone else use when i cant. Mrs isnt happy she thinks I'm a lunatic and Ive been made fully aware that the money could go towards a holiday and had the exchange rate to bottles of gin or prosecco quoted to me numerous times.

Is following football club actually an illness?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Ive not been a season ticket holder for a couple of seasons now as due to personal circumstance the number of matches I can actually attend is dwindling. Even at the height of attending I was only getting to 12/13 matches a season (I do live in Lancashire and work in Herts and Cambs btw). Have been giving serious consideration to buying for next season although in all likeliness I would be lucky to see 5 games, but its about doing your bit for the club. Its virtually a donation I guess. I've given thought to perhaps letting someone else use when i cant. Mrs isnt happy she thinks I'm a lunatic and Ive been made fully aware that the money could go towards a holiday and had the exchange rate to bottles of gin or prosecco quoted to me numerous times.

Its hibs , Its in our blood

It's a brutal addiction until death do you part!
    I was up for my daily look down at Easter Road from Arthur's Seat this afternoon.
    So close yet so far.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wonder if we’ll market these in March as Hibs usually do

Lucky enough to be in a position to renew but find it understandable why others are not.Been mentioned a few times about being unable to attend/not enjoying the football on show but personally as long as im able to i will buy my season ticket as we wont be locked out of holy ground for ever and style of football is always changing.

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Sorry if people don’t agree and take offence, but the fact that we are talking about ‘could’ and ‘maybe’ 18 months down the line shows what an absolute ****show this government have presided over. Leitch himself said we are going to have to live with the virus at some stage, yet here we are, still sitting in our houses with no prospect of normality, while the government throw all sorts of threats our way and little by little remove all aspects of our freedom.
    Totally agree. Leitch’s 15 minutes of fame is well and truly past it’s sell by date.

Leitch, Blackford and Sturgeon make a great recreation of Three Stooges or the three wise monkeys

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    Totally agree. Leitch’s 15 minutes of fame is well and truly past it’s sell by date.

Leitch, Blackford and Sturgeon make a great recreation of Three Stooges or the three wise monkeys
    And the people want them to lead us into Independence 🤔

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Hindsight is a great thing.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    https://www.scotsman.com/health/coro...adiums-3127382 - “some time yet” before fans will be back in grounds...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    They want Leitch to lead us into independence?

Rhetorical question anyway, this is the football discussion forum. Politics on the Holy Ground, please.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

More a love affair.

There was an article I saw the other day suggests outdoor and large music venues would be up and running again fir the next two years in Scotland ffs Am assuming they mean maybe not at full capacity Anyone else see this looked for article agsin and can’t find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    There was an article I saw the other day suggests outdoor and large music venues would be up and running again fir the next two years in Scotland ffs Am assuming they mean maybe not at full capacity Anyone else see this looked for article agsin and can’t find it

They don't appear to have been told they can't hold them at all, it's more that they see holding them with reduced numbers as unviable.

https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/ar...-chief-3126402

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    They don't appear to have been told they can't hold them at all, it's more that they see holding them with reduced numbers as unviable.

https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/ar...-chief-3126402
    Cheers

I bought a ST for this season knowing there would be little to no chance of attending games. Fortunate to be able to and so will renew continuously as long as I am working.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    https://www.scotsman.com/health/coro...adiums-3127382 - “some time yet” before fans will be back in grounds...
    The truth is that none of us know when we will be back in grounds. That includes medical experts like Leitch. Everyone is just guessing including him but folk keep asking him and others the same questions. It's akin to your kids in the back of the car constantly asking if we are there yet!Both pointless and annoying.
    The mists will clear as the vaccination programme progresses and the numbers drop over the weeks that follow.
    If folk can wait for another 5 weeks before asking the guy the same question we might get a more considered and useful answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post

Current position is unsustainable. As soon as the majority of adults are vaccinated in the Uk, and hospitalisations & death rates drop, the population will simply stop listening. Covid is likely to be around us for years to come and we'll all just have to live with it. If that means many of us getting mildly sick from time to time, then so be it.

Moving between countries and holidaying abroad may be a different matter..