hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Pointless v The Chase

Which one are you? I’m a pointless man myself.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    If I actually think about which format I like better, it’s definitely Pointless. I also can’t be arsed with Bradley Walsh.

But...I rarely ever watch Pointless, but put The Chase on every day.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I actually think about which format I like better, it’s definitely Pointless. I also can’t be arsed with Bradley Walsh.

But...I rarely ever watch Pointless, but put The Chase on every day.
    I record pointless so I can watch it when I eat my dinner, it’s got to the stage where I can’t eat without it being on. I have to scour the iPlayer if I’ve not got a recording. God knows what it’s going to be like when restaurants open again.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    The Chase. There isn't much funnier on tv than Bradley losing it at a rude question or answer.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    No contest... Pointless every time. I even try to predict the numbers out of 100...drives my wife daft!

Watch Pointless and record the Chase which I'll watch later so i can fast forward the ads.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Pointless is just..... well, it’s no The Chase eh.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    I like both equally but probably watch the chase more. In an ideal world where I had unlimited time, I’d watch both. I do like Richard Osman.

I’ve started watching House of Games when I eat my tea

Left by mutual consent!
    Alexander Armstrong asking the finalists what they'll do with the miniscule jackpot is cringeworthy.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    The Chase wins it for me. Although Only Connect is the best quiz show. The satisfaction of getting a question right when 6 far more intelligent people than me can't is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Alexander Armstrong asking the finalists what they'll do with the miniscule jackpot is cringeworthy.
    The ridiculous answers are the best bit of the show.

'Well I've always wanted to go to Monte Carlo for the Grand Prix and my Grandaughter wants to go to Disneyland'.

It's £500 mate. You'll get a tank of fuel for the drive home and an M&S meal deal at the services.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    The Chase wins it for me. Although Only Connect is the best quiz show. The satisfaction of getting a question right when 6 far more intelligent people than me can't is great.
    I love Only Connect.

It's one of those shows in which if you know the answer then it's hard to comprehend how others don't see it but if you can't see the answer it's difficult to work out how someone's brain works in such a way that they do see it.

The range of questions and the varied knowledge and logic required to get the answers is genius.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I love Only Connect.

It's one of those shows in which if you know the answer then it's hard to comprehend how others don't see it but if you can't see the answer it's difficult to work out how someone's brain works in such a way that they do see it.

The range of questions and the varied knowledge and logic required to get the answers is genius.
    Yes one of my favourite ones, realising how obvious the connection is after you're told it is annoying, I think your brain tries to make it too complicated at times.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    The ridiculous answers are the best bit of the show.

'Well I've always wanted to go to Monte Carlo for the Grand Prix and my Grandaughter wants to go to Disneyland'.

It's £500 mate. You'll get a tank of fuel for the drive home and an M&S meal deal at the services.
    “Well I’ve always dreamed of having my own 30ft boat, so with this £500 I’m a quarter of a percent closer to it”

@hibs.net private member
    I really like Beat the chasers, some good money to be won, I also like Tenable

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Can’t say I like either, I will occasionally watch Only Connect but the only game show I’ll make an effort to watch, and more than a bit off topic, is “Would I lie to you” Especially if Bob Mortimer or Kevin Bridges are on.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    The chase. Pointless is fine but nothing worse than a boring category coming up and having to endure it for ages before they move on. They also have a nasty habbit of having multiple questions up that I'd like to keep reading but instead they show me the face of a contestant reading them.

I watch a lot of tipping point and catchphrase, they're probably my 2 most watched.
    Mon the Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I prefer the chase, i find pointless a bit pretentious sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    There’s a couple of other reasons Only Connect is worth watching. 😋

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    University Challenge for me, at least when you go 15 questions without having a clue of the answer you can take the piss out of the teams.

mastermind is still the greatest ever quiz show.

the simple fact it is for nothing except a *****y wee glass bowl and the ability to swagger round like the cock of the north means it is the pinnacle of quizzing.

I like only connect by VCM is an annoying boot.

chase is better than pointless but fixed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    mastermind is still the greatest ever quiz show.

the simple fact it is for nothing except a *****y wee glass bowl and the ability to swagger round like the cock of the north means it is the pinnacle of quizzing.

I like only connect by VCM is an annoying boot.

chase is better than pointless but fixed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Aye Mastermind is still the show that all other quizzes should be judged against. Simple format, simple prize. It does annoy me when people pass though knowing that is a potential tie breaker. Just say anything rather than pass.

I like the SAS show with Ant Middleton for similar reasons. No one wins anything or is going to get famous from it. You get beasted for a month and if you make it to the end you get a firm handshake and told well done.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Can’t say I like either, I will occasionally watch Only Connect but the only game show I’ll make an effort to watch, and more than a bit off topic, is “Would I lie to you” Especially if Bob Mortimer or Kevin Bridges are on.
    Would I lie to you is great. I'm a big fan of David Mitchell and Lee Mack anyway but them on opposing sides just works. It is more of a panel show than a game show though I'd say.

I like pointless but the chase is far better. More questions, faster, and more money at stake.

Also, the clips on you tube with Bradley's reaction to the question about Fanny Schmeller, or Keith Allen's reaction to the governess asking him about 'fat Les', crack me up every time.

Can’t stand either.
    If pointless is on in the background all I hear is AA thanking Richard all the time for some reason!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    There’s a couple of other reasons Only Connect is worth watching. 😋
    Indeed 😉

@hibs.net private member
    Richard Osman thinks up a lot of the game shows we watch on telly & makes a fortune from royalties from them.

One other favourite of mine is Taskmaster great format having celebs doing daft challenges with Alex Horn and Greg Davies brilliant hosts.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Richard Osman thinks up a lot of the game shows we watch on telly & makes a fortune from royalties from them.
    His brother is the bassist (I think) in suede.

I like both, the chase usually ends up on as the Mrs doesn't like pointless.

I recently discovered a few months ago a music quiz called the hitlist on BBC1. Crap presenters but as concept I liked a quiz based on just music, I think there could be more music based quizzes.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    One other favourite of mine is Taskmaster great format having celebs doing daft challenges with Alex Horn and Greg Davies brilliant hosts.
    Taskmaster is silly, good laugh though.

Have to say I enjoy both the chase and pointless whenever I get chance to watch them

Pointless lives up to its name.
    Countdown best on tv and Popmaster on the radio.