hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dempster Goes To Queens Park

I know they are ambitious and this is great signing for them. But it indicates that she perhaps wasn’t comfortable or not seen as a long term part of the Gordon regime.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    A good opportunity for her to be part of a potentially meteoric rise. They've built a great squad for the league they're in and will rise through the leagues if they keep doing what they're doing. A shrewd appointment from them.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

I suppose we won't know whether that's the case or not unless it's addressed by either party, but I don't think it's a safe assumption. QP are closer to home for Leeann, that seems to be an important factor for her just now.

Either way, I will her well!

Heard her on the radio tonight she spoke about shelf life for people in her role and how she done 7 years at Motherwell then around 7 years at hibs and it just felt to her like it was a good new challenge and the chance for her to work in Glasgow again

To be honest I tend to agree , a fresh pair of eyes is good , you only need to look at Celtic boardroom for an example of keeping the same people in there and it becoming stale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I’d have been surprised if RG kept her permanently. And yes like others have said these positions should really have a shelf life before bringing new blood in to freshen things up.

Great appointment for Queens Park.

Left by mutual consent!
    Nothing but good luck to her. Do a cracking job LD 💚

Anyone you think she/they will try and get on loan for when and if the season starts back up for them?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone you think she/they will try and get on loan for when and if the season starts back up for them?
    Bradley maybe give him some game time

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Would that happen now, given that QP are in direct competition with Stenhousemuir who Hibs have recently come to some kind of arrangement with? You'd think any loans out to League 2, should they start playing again, would go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I know they are ambitious and this is great signing for them. But it indicates that she perhaps wasn’t comfortable or not seen as a long term part of the Gordon regime.
    It could be as simple as she doesn't want to relocate and is sick of the M8 commute?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    A good opportunity for her to be part of a potentially meteoric rise. They've built a great squad for the league they're in and will rise through the leagues if they keep doing what they're doing. A shrewd appointment from them.
    i thought it was a shame when they finally gave up their cherished amateur status in 2019.

But they very likely had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    Heard her on the radio tonight she spoke about shelf life for people in her role and how she done 7 years at Motherwell then around 7 years at hibs and it just felt to her like it was a good new challenge and the chance for her to work in Glasgow again

To be honest I tend to agree , a fresh pair of eyes is good , you only need to look at Celtic boardroom for an example of keeping the same people in there and it becoming stale

Yeah agree with that. I thinks it's probably worked out well for all parties. Give Ron a chance to shape things his way.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    potentially meteoric rise
    They'll need some fans first!!! Without fans it's not sustainable. I'll certainly be watching with interest though, after Partick Thistle's moan-fest over the Summer maybe QP will become many people's 'second favourite' team...

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McSwanky View Post
    They'll need some fans first!!! Without fans it's not sustainable. I'll certainly be watching with interest though, after Partick Thistle's moan-fest over the Summer maybe QP will become many people's 'second favourite' team...
    I think on the basis of the dickhead Celtic fan Willie Haughey thats bankrolling Queens Park some may feel less inclined.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I think on the basis of the dickhead Celtic fan Willie Haughey thats bankrolling Queens Park some may feel less inclined.
    I didn't realise he was involved.

I don't get that, a Celtic fan pumps money into a club that could be in the same league in a few years time.

I could never pump money into another team, it would be Hibs or nobody.

@hibs.net private member
    Good luck to her. She is certainly adventurous going from a top flight club to a second division one.
    Last edited by pollution; 13-01-2021 at 11:41 AM.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    At least she won’t have a loyalty points decision to make for the man and his dog that make up the Queens Park support 😀

After overseeing the amazing turnaround in our club over the past 6 years I am very surprised she has not ended up at a Premiership club in England or one of the ugly sisters. Thought she would have been a shoe-in for the Mordor Job. A more than capable business leader and I fully expect Queens park to progress through the Leagues to the SPL with her guidance. All the best Leanne.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    At least she won’t have a loyalty points decision to make for the man and his dog that make up the Queens Park support 😀
    She's certainly sorted out the tickets for Hampden problem

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Would they end up using Hampden again if they ended up in the premiership? That tiny wee stadium they’re building won’t be big enough.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Thankyou and good luck to Leanne - I cannot recall any CEO or similar having anything like the positive influence she has had at Hibs in all my years. Her successor will have some big shoes to fill but will also take over a football club in an infinitely better position than when she came in. Of course she can't claim all the credit for everything - but has played a massive and significant part in the improvements at Hibs and no question about it.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Would they end up using Hampden again if they ended up in the premiership? That tiny wee stadium they’re building won’t be big enough.
    They'd have to either rent it from or buy it back off the SFA if they wanted to play there. Not sure what their long term plans are if they go up the leagues. The current plan for Lesser Hampden is to build two stands with a total capacity of around 1700.

QP is a great project which she can make a real difference to and she will get a big chunk of her life back with the removal of her M8 commute. It all makes sense to me. With Ron coming in to Hibs the project as she started it was over. She was no longer running the show so don't think she fancied it any more. Ron is a businessman and Hibs is his business and building his investment his main priority.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 13-01-2021 at 02:13 PM.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post

That all sounds reasonable to me. Hibs going in a different direction and she probably has less autonomy than she enjoyed with the previous owner.

Not saying that’s a good or a bad thing, just that it’s entirely natural that both her and Hibs might want a fresh start.

Good luck to her, obviously. She achieved great things with us.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    QP is a great project which she can make a real difference to and she will get a big chunk of her life back with the removal of her M8 commute. It all makes sense to me. With Ron coming in to Hibs the project as she started it was over. She was no longer running the show so don't think she fancied it any more. Ron is a businessman and Hibs is his business and building his investment his main priority.
    It's not a traditional career path for management, from what I've seen - most people tend to move to larger companies or markets.

And I'd be surprised if any of our top players followed her.

Not that it's anyones business but hers. :-)

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Making out the M8 commute is some kind of hardship!

It’s an hour tops, less than that these days with lockdown, and I doubt she switched clubs just to avoid a wee bit time in the car.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    They'd have to either rent it from or buy it back off the SFA if they wanted to play there. Not sure what their long term plans are if they go up the leagues. The current plan for Lesser Hampden is to build two stands with a total capacity of around 1700.
    question for the .net historians... is this Lesser Hampden site the same place that Scottish Cup Finals were played in the 1800s (including our first final in 1887)?

actually... ignore this. It isn’t
    Last edited by Pagan Hibernia; 13-01-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I didn't realise he was involved.

I don't get that, a Celtic fan pumps money into a club that could be in the same league in a few years time.

I could never pump money into another team, it would be Hibs or nobody.
    He threw money at the "SFA staying at Hampden" project because he couldn't stand the thought of the national stadium being anywhere but Glasgow. Despite the Murrayfield presentation and plan being better than the QP one, it remained in Glasgow.......I suspect that QP going professional with lots of his dosh was part of the deal, although I am sure that won't be the official reason.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    He threw money at the "SFA staying at Hampden" project because he couldn't stand the thought of the national stadium being anywhere but Glasgow. Despite the Murrayfield presentation and plan being better than the QP one, it remained in Glasgow.......I suspect that QP going professional with lots of his dosh was part of the deal, although I am sure that won't be the official reason.
    I just can’t see where the support base is coming from unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I just can’t see where the support base is coming from unfortunately
    I agree. It's either an ego trip for WH (and, as scoopy said, why? He's a Celtic fan) or was part of the Hampden deal.

Woukd much rather Dundee and Dunfermline got themselves up a division.