hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Rangers at Ibrox under Calderwood.......3-0 to us......around 250 of us there.....great night though. Francis Dikoh, Liam Miller and cant remember who the other scorer was
    I was there as well, mental night. Valdas trakys played unreal as the lone target man up front.

Remember it seeming less than 250 at the time, that wee corner section seemed almost empty.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Following on from the thread about big Hibs away supports what are the games you were at when many decided to stay at home?

I remember a Monday night game away to Aberdeen in 2006. We lost 2-1 to a late Scott Severn goal. Game was on TV and the Hibs support was little more than a couple of hundred.

I was at the Ayr semi final at which the crowd limped into 5 figures and was at Hampden for the Dunfermilne replay in the SC as well (crowd 8536).

One that wasn't really a small crowd but it stands out because it was so cold was a rearranged game v Morton away in the 2016 season. We won 1-0 with Stokes scoring but anyone that stayed home made the righ decision. There was also an away game against Partick Thistle that was a 1-1 draw in 2004, must have been one of Bobby Williamsons last games in charge that wasn't going to break any attendance records.
    I remember once being the only Hibby in the terrace at Tannadice although there was a handful more in a stand. We were demolished about 5 0 when Utd agreed not to score more.

There’s dozens of games where we’ve had small supports for various reasons but as some are going down the ‘obscure’ route how about the friendly with Oldham Athletic on the Isle of Man in the late 80s?

Both teams had failed to qualify for the final of the 8 team tournament we were there for so they organised a friendly which was played at 10.30 on a Saturday morning on a pitch which had several tents pitched around it. Probably only about 20-30 Hibs fans there as some had returned home and the game only seemed to have become known about the day before. Goram was in goal for Oldham and Denis Irwin played too.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Turriff utd away.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Is that the game that was due to take place on, I think, Boxing Day but was postponed? Me and my mate went on one of the few supporter's buses and all I can remember is that it was absolutely freezing.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
    I can't remember. Though I do remember a home game against Thistle being cancelled due to floodlight failure in the mid 90s.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Turriff utd away.
    I was at a pre.season tourney at Turrif early 90s. Us, St Mirren, Turrif and someone else who I can't remember. Spent the weekend up there. Was a few dozen Hibbies up there but not too many

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I always get flashbacks to a midweek away game against Aberdeen when I was very young. Had family up there so my auld man, brother and me went to the football while they were all back at the house anytime we played up there. This could be completely fabricated but would be late 90’s/early 00’s and must’ve been a handful of us up there.
    I was at a New Year`s Day game at Pittodrie in about 1980 ( will have been a season when Hearts had been relegated ) and there weren`t many Hibbies . A year later we played in Berwick on New Year`s Day which I missed as no transport ( I was there on 31st of same month for another league game - crazy fixtures ) so suppose support will have been small .

QOS away in the league cup under stubbs, lucky if there was 200 of us there and we got beat 2 or 3-0.
    Think that was Fenlon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19340440

Turriff utd away.
    On telly there seemed to be quite a good Hibs support . Maybe 200 ?

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post

Was it that long ago!!! **** me man, my memory is going.

@hibs.net private member
    Turriff utd away.
    Fair few at that! Did one of the HSC coaches not have to change as driver filled his pants🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Rhoades View Post
    Fair few at that! Did one of the HSC coaches not have to change as driver filled his pants🤣

Thats may have been the Carlton branch that the driver took unwell.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    I always get flashbacks to a midweek away game against Aberdeen when I was very young. Had family up there so my auld man, brother and me went to the football while they were all back at the house anytime we played up there. This could be completely fabricated but would be late 90’s/early 00’s and must’ve been a handful of us up there.
    We were due to play Aberdeen in December 2000 but the game was postponed due to snow. I had a couple of pals up visiting me in Aberdeen for the weekend - I was a student there at the time - and we were gutted, because Hibs were absolutely flying that autumn / winter.

Rescheduled for a Tuesday night the following March on a freezing, rain lashed night when we weren’t doing so well and from memory I think I was one of about 40 Hibees in attendance. Aberdeen scored early doors and held on for a 1-0 win.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    For friendlies, there can’t have been more than about 30 Hibs fans in attendance in Telford in July 1998 when we were contemplating life in Division 1. A match most memorable for the square go that broke out in front of us - I’ll always remember the stunned look on Tony Rougier’s face as he looked into the enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Following on from the thread about big Hibs away supports what are the games you were at when many decided to stay at home?

I remember a Monday night game away to Aberdeen in 2006. We lost 2-1 to a late Scott Severn goal. Game was on TV and the Hibs support was little more than a couple of hundred.

I was at the Ayr semi final at which the crowd limped into 5 figures and was at Hampden for the Dunfermilne replay in the SC as well (crowd 8536).

One that wasn't really a small crowd but it stands out because it was so cold was a rearranged game v Morton away in the 2016 season. We won 1-0 with Stokes scoring but anyone that stayed home made the righ decision. There was also an away game against Partick Thistle that was a 1-1 draw in 2004, must have been one of Bobby Williamsons last games in charge that wasn't going to break any attendance records.
    Remember being at Ibrox in 1983 for a 0-0 draw (same day as Scotland's rugby team won the Triple Crown in Dublin on their way to the Grand Slam). Kevin McKee was pulled down in the box in the last minute, stonewaller; of course we didn't get it but we jumped up and shouted - honestly can't recall seeing any other Hibbies, but there must've been a few somewhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    We were due to play Aberdeen in December 2000 but the game was postponed due to snow. I had a couple of pals up visiting me in Aberdeen for the weekend - I was a student there at the time - and we were gutted, because Hibs were absolutely flying that autumn / winter.

Rescheduled for a Tuesday night the following March on a freezing, rain lashed night when we weren’t doing so well and from memory I think I was one of about 40 Hibees in attendance. Aberdeen scored early doors and held on for a 1-0 win.
    Probably that one. One of those things I’ve barely any recollection of it, other than it was freezing and there was barely any fans there, so couldn’t put my finger on whether I was just making it up or not!

Kilmarnock away Boxing Day 2007, Collins hadn't long packed it in. Might have been 200 of us there and we lost 2 1

Jan 1985 Rangers 1 2 Hibs Bomber Harris scores winner. Go to 24 minutes for Hibs winner and not many Hibs support celebrating the goal

Last edited by BS44; 10-01-2021 at 10:57 PM.

I remember a game at Parkhead and there was 200 of us at the very most.

It was near the end of the season under Yogi I think. We lost but remember Riordan scoring a great goal. I also remember the Celtic end being as empty as I’ve ever seen it, think they were about 20 points behind Rangers after Mowbray had left.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I remember a game at Parkhead and there was 200 of us at the very most.

It was near the end of the season under Yogi I think. We lost but remember Riordan scoring a great goal. I also remember the Celtic end being as empty as I’ve ever seen it, think they were about 20 points behind Rangers after Mowbray had left.

Aye he scored a great lob, terrible support that day, now folk greet we only get 1000 tickets. Where were they then?

Aye he scored a great lob, terrible support that day, now folk greet we only get 1000 tickets. Where were they then?
    The lob wasn’t that game. Lost 3-2 that day, went 2-1 up Deek scored a beauty left foot. Stokes got a penalty for high foot (almost identical to the one we gave away to them a couple of weeks before).

He lobbed Forster near the start of the following season in a 2-1 defeat.

Celtic away when Galbraith scored in stoppage time to win it 1-2. I reckon you'd be lucky if there was 200 of us there that night, maybe even less than that. Carnage at the goal like.

The lob wasn’t that game. Lost 3-2 that day, went 2-1 up Deek scored a beauty left foot. Stokes got a penalty for high foot (almost identical to the one we gave away to them a couple of weeks before).

He lobbed Forster near the start of the following season in a 2-1 defeat.

Was that a last minute winner for them? That Venegoor of Hessilink or something? Or Valharen?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    In terms of European nights, Runavik was pretty sparse all told and Vilnius and Dauguvpils weren’t huge.

IIRC 120 was the official number that travelled to Latvia. I really enjoyed that trip. Watching the world cup final in Riga during an electrical storm was something else.

Dauguvpils was a right 1 horse town, 1 hotel with a nightclub on the top floor and 1 pub is all I seen in the town itself. 4 hour bus journey to get there with no toilet on it.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    For friendlies, there can’t have been more than about 30 Hibs fans in attendance in Telford in July 1998 when we were contemplating life in Division 1. A match most memorable for the square go that broke out in front of us - I’ll always remember the stunned look on Tony Rougier’s face as he looked into the enclosure
    The Villa “boy” wouldn’t stay down, every time he went down he got up again, a bit like a weeble. 10 minutes later the CCS got the telephone call and left for their arranged meeting. I would say there were a few more than 30 of us, probably about 100

IIRC 120 was the official number that travelled to Latvia. I really enjoyed that trip. Watching the world cup final in Riga during an electrical storm was something else.
    We watched it in a brothel, interesting ht entertainment! 😲

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Celtic away when Galbraith scored in stoppage time to win it 1-2. I reckon you'd be lucky if there was 200 of us there that night, maybe even less than that. Carnage at the goal like.
    There was even less by the time the game finished. I got chucked out and went along to the pub, there was about 10 other hibbys there that had also been ejected. We were all standing outside waiting for our mates when the winner went in, the noise sounded like there was thousands in

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    There was slightly more than 200 I think! The selling out of Ibrox and Parkhead regularly came a lot later, but this was a decent enough midweek following and this video I took at end just makes you yearn to be back following Hibs

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    There was slightly more than 200 I think! The selling out of Ibrox and Parkhead regularly came a lot later, but this was a decent enough midweek following and this video I took at end just makes you yearn to be back following Hibs

Typical jobsworth Celtic supporting Parkhead Stewards

I remember them trying to stop Scott Brown and Ivan Sproule celebrating goals at Darkheid in front of us

Thanks for posting

Coaching Staff
    Friendly against York City circa 1970 at York in midweek

2 carloads of us from the Carlton branch after a drunken weekend returning from the Middlesbrough friendly.

Think we lost 1-0

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Typical jobsworth Celtic supporting Parkhead Stewards

I remember them trying to stop Scott Brown and Ivan Sproule celebrating goals at Darkheid in front of us

Thanks for posting
    Artur Boruc had angrily booted the ball at high velocity into the Hibs crowd as he stormed off, and the ball hit a guy on the head. Most people laughed as it actually looked quite funny, but obviously not for the guy who got hit! There is another video of that somewhere and it hurt his pride more than anything! That would be why there was remonstrations with the steward but I’m not sure they could actually do anything about it really.

A great night.