Longbangers Episode 79: Junkie Station Acrobat

Longbangers Episode 79: Junkie Station Acrobat

✅Ross Co. and Livi defeats
    ✅Why so bad?
    ✅What does this mean for Ross?
    ✅Transfer window news
    ✅Your talking points
    ✅£100k HSL plea
    AND MORE - all you need to hear in a @HibernianFC podcast!

Apple:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...s/id1474463560

Spotify:
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/77p...QbeA_H6p83ztzA

Anchor:
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers/episod...Acrobat-eoi95b

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Shameless bump. Worth listening so you can tell me I'm wrong.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by LongJohnBanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shameless bump. Worth listening so you can tell me I'm wrong.
    Great listen to boys! Keep up the good work!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KDY Hibs View Post
    Great listen to boys! Keep up the good work!
    Cheers!

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Thanks guys, a truly epic listen. I nearly missed my tea.

While it was by no means one of the most important matters discussed, Matty’s comments about how Hibs fans maybe take reaching semis and finals for granted a bit now rang true with me. I’m the same age, 43, and it really did seem a very few and far between thing when I was a kid. I think that was especially true for going to Hampden as a lot of semis, even in the Scottish Cup, were played at other grounds. My feeling is this changed around the Aberdeen semi in 2000, which I think was probably the first time we’d been to Hampden since the Skol Cup final in 1991. After that we started getting further in cups more regularly, even if results were sometimes catastrophic, and the rebuilt Hampden tended to be used more adding to the ‘big day out’ becoming more commonplace over the last 20 years. If I get bored enough at work this afternoon I might have a look into this to see if the facts fit my memories – not necessarily always the case.

Essentially, it was ***** growing up as a Hibs fan in the 80s and those of us who did deserve medals.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    Thanks guys, a truly epic listen. I nearly missed my tea.

While it was by no means one of the most important matters discussed, Matty’s comments about how Hibs fans maybe take reaching semis and finals for granted a bit now rang true with me. I’m the same age, 43, and it really did seem a very few and far between thing when I was a kid. I think that was especially true for going to Hampden as a lot of semis, even in the Scottish Cup, were played at other grounds. My feeling is this changed around the Aberdeen semi in 2000, which I think was probably the first time we’d been to Hampden since the Skol Cup final in 1991. After that we started getting further in cups more regularly, even if results were sometimes catastrophic, and the rebuilt Hampden tended to be used more adding to the ‘big day out’ becoming more commonplace over the last 20 years. If I get bored enough at work this afternoon I might have a look into this to see if the facts fit my memories – not necessarily always the case.

Essentially, it was ***** growing up as a Hibs fan in the 80s and those of us who did deserve medals.

I think my first semi-final in Glasgow (not even sure if it was Hampden, off the top of my head but I presume so) was a 3-1 defeat to Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi-final.
    Recollection is vague but I think it might have been 1988? Sure someone can put me right there.

After that would have been the Skol Cup final in 91 (I didn't get to go to the semi).

I remember us playing a semi at Tiny (think it was against Aberdeen, but potentially Dundee United) in the Alex Miller era as well.

But semi finals and finals were sparse, certainly my son at 17 has been to Hampden many times more than I had by his age.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

I think my first semi-final in Glasgow (not even sure if it was Hampden, off the top of my head but I presume so) was a 3-1 defeat to Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi-final.
    Recollection is vague but I think it might have been 1988? Sure someone can put me right there.

After that would have been the Skol Cup final in 91 (I didn't get to go to the semi).

I remember us playing a semi at Tiny (think it was against Aberdeen, but potentially Dundee United) in the Alex Miller era as well.

But semi finals and finals were sparse, certainly my son at 17 has been to Hampden many times more than I had by his age.
    Semi against Celtic was 1989. They were 3 up at half-time, a real anti-climax. Lost 1-0 to Aberdeen at Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup semi in 1993 (in my mind it was on the same day that the Grand National was cancelled because of false starts, but I might be getting mixed up), then beat Dundee United in the League Cup semi a few months later by the same score, also at Tynecastle. There was also a semi and replay against Celtic at Ibrox in 1995 while Hampden was being redeveloped.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Semi against Celtic was 1989. They were 3 up at half-time, a real anti-climax. Lost 1-0 to Aberdeen at Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup semi in 1993 (in my mind it was on the same day that the Grand National was cancelled because of false starts, but I might be getting mixed up), then beat Dundee United in the League Cup semi a few months later by the same score, also at Tynecastle. There was also a semi and replay against Celtic at Ibrox in 1995 while Hampden was being redeveloped.
    Yep, the 89 was a real let down.

I remember all the other matches. Darren Jackson's winner against Utd. I also remember Peter Grant punching Darren Jackson in the face right in front of the ref at Ibrox. The ref did nothing - big surprise. I quite enjoyed watching these matches from the Govan stand at Ibrox. It was miles ahead of any other ground at the time.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Yep, the 89 was a real let down.

I remember all the other matches. Darren Jackson's winner against Utd. I also remember Peter Grant punching Darren Jackson in the face right in front of the ref at Ibrox. The ref did nothing - big surprise. I quite enjoyed watching these matches from the Govan stand at Ibrox. It was miles ahead of any other ground at the time.
    I was at that one with my cousin. Hated Peter Grant ever since then.

Nineteen ninety shree! Is that the Grand National with the false start and then the tape getting wrapped round the horse (not necessarily in that order)?

I'm getting old.

No as old as Matty, but old.

@hibs.net private member
    Good stuff again guys.

I’ve been meaning to ask - do you lot at Longbangers HQ have a bit of a feud going on with HibsTalk? I’ve noticed one of their regulars (Liam) having a pop at you on Twitter a few times for some reason.

I’ve only ever heard LB positively mention HibsTalk (and DTS for that matter) but this guy/HibsTalk really seem to have the hump with you.

Cmon tell us the truth - what did yous do to them?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Good stuff again guys.

I’ve been meaning to ask - do you lot at Longbangers HQ have a bit of a feud going on with HibsTalk? I’ve noticed one of their regulars (Liam) having a pop at you on Twitter a few times for some reason.

I’ve only ever heard LB positively mention HibsTalk (and DTS for that matter) but this guy/HibsTalk really seem to have the hump with you.

Not from our end, mate - we’re very supportive of Hibs Talk, and Down the Slope, as far as I’m concerned they’re both great podcasts and the more Hibs content there is, the better.

I’m not sure who Liam is, there was a Liam who has slated Longbangers (quite offensively, to be honest) on Twitter so i ended up blocking him last week, this was after he didn’t understand one of our tweets and tried to rip into us for making excuses for the team being tired after the Livi defeat - we hadn’t done that, we had just replied to a tweet asking how many games Livi had played compared to us.

Would have been very surprised/disappointed to hear that he was associated with Hibs Talk though as there’s certainly no prior animosity there, quite the opposite really - like I said, we go out of our way to promote them.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Good stuff again guys.

I’ve got no problem with any of the other Hibs podcasts out there. The more the merrier as far as I’m concerned and it’s great that we can promote each other.

But I’m aware of that wee laddie on Twitter having a pop at Longbangers. Not sure what his problem is; could be his haircut, might be the fact his wee band have got 46 monthly listeners on Spotify which is a number Longbangers manages within 10 minutes of releasing each new episode. Might be down to his wee band having less than 20% of the followers that Longbangers has on Twitter despite their page being on the go for three years more than Longbangers. Could just be down to the fact Longbangers gets more listeners than his Hibs podcast. Or he’s maybe just embarrassed that he’s achieved the unachievable and released a cover version of the Vengabus which is somehow worse than the original.

Whatever the reason, he needs to wind it in and focus his attentions on growing his fanbase and not let the jealousy eat him up. And if he dares to refer to me or any of the other Longbangers members as nonces again on Twitter I’ll do the ears of humanity a favour and snap the strings on his guitar.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I’ve got no problem with any of the other Hibs podcasts out there. The more the merrier as far as I’m concerned and it’s great that we can promote each other.

But I’m aware of that wee laddie on Twitter having a pop at Longbangers. Not sure what his problem is; could be his haircut, might be the fact his wee band have got 46 monthly listeners on Spotify which is a number Longbangers manages within 10 minutes of releasing each new episode. Might be down to his wee band having less than 20% of the followers that Longbangers has on Twitter despite their page being on the go for three years more than Longbangers. Could just be down to the fact Longbangers gets more listeners than his Hibs podcast. Or he’s maybe just embarrassed that he’s achieved the unachievable and released a cover version of the Vengabus which is somehow worse than the original.

Whatever the reason, he needs to wind it in and focus his attentions on growing his fanbase and not let the jealousy eat him up. And if he dares to refer to me or any of the other Longbangers members as nonces again on Twitter I’ll do the ears of humanity a favour and snap the strings on his guitar.
    I’m not sure where the nonce chat came from, I had no idea that he had any association with Hibs Talk. I’m sure they wouldn’t be aware of this, wouldn’t think there was any need for them to be going after longbangers.

Plenty room for all the podcasts. It’s not a competition.

@hibs.net private member
    Not from our end, mate - we’re very supportive of Hibs Talk, and Down the Slope, as far as I’m concerned they’re both great podcasts and the more Hibs content there is, the better.

I’m not sure who Liam is, there was a Liam who has slated Longbangers (quite offensively, to be honest) on Twitter so i ended up blocking him last week, this was after he didn’t understand one of our tweets and tried to rip into us for making excuses for the team being tired after the Livi defeat - we hadn’t done that, we had just replied to a tweet asking how many games Livi had played compared to us.

Would have been very surprised/disappointed to hear that he was associated with Hibs Talk though as there’s certainly no prior animosity there, quite the opposite really - like I said, we go out of our way to promote them.
    I’m not sure I agree - I do listen to all 3 but find myself increasingly putting off getting round to listening to hibstalk just due to the negativity and moaning that goes unchecked. Quite nice to have a bit of a debate like DTS did - I mentioned it on their thread - but constant moaning (and now sniping) isn’t my cup of tea.

@hibs.net private member
    Guys, how do I access these, Im technophobe and just recently off dial up, my Grand Daughter might keep me right

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Guys, how do I access these, Im technophobe and just recently off dial up, my Grand Daughter might keep me right
    You can get them on your phone or pc if you click the links at the top of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post

Very ***** behavior from the radge on Twitter, but this is an excellent response. 🤣

Latest Shortbangers is accompanying my breakfast this morning, great stuff once again guys!

Although I've maybe made a mistake, given how many tadger references there have been in the intro alone...
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 10-01-2021 at 05:29 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    You can get them on your phone or pc if you click the links at the top of the thread.
    Thanks will try and give it a listen

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Very ***** behavior from the radge on Twitter, but this is an excellent response. 🤣

Latest Shortbangers is accompanying my breakfast this morning, great stuff once again guys!

Although I've maybe made a mistake, given how many tadger references there have been in the intro alone...
    I those were Danish Kids TV references.

I those were Danish Kids TV references.
    I'm not sure that's the defence you think it is

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by LongJohnBanger View Post
    I'm not sure that's the defence you think it is
    can i retract my previous comment?

Good stuff again guys.

Gav here, and nothing but love for Longbangers from us. Yes Liam has been on the pod, tries to play the wind up merchant at times. I don't get his patter, he's younger, i'll put it down to that.

Really proud that our club has 3 excellent, and I mean that, excellent shows dedicated to our club. Down The Slope and Longbangers are on my automic downloads on my podcast players for my commute to work.

Matty put it best, not a competition. Just passionate fans talking about their club. Sorry for Liam's ***** patter :)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by HibsTalk View Post
    Gav here, and nothing but love for Longbangers from us. Yes Liam has been on the pod, tries to play the wind up merchant at times. I don't get his patter, he's younger, i'll put it down to that.

Really proud that our club has 3 excellent, and I mean that, excellent shows dedicated to our club. Down The Slope and Longbangers are on my automic downloads on my podcast players for my commute to work.

Matty put it best, not a competition. Just passionate fans talking about their club. Sorry for Liam's ***** patter :)
    Nice one Gav

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsTalk View Post

👍🏼 You can’t be held responsible for someone else’s actions mate - although it’s a pity his poor patter reflected on your podcast.

First Team Breakthrough
    All the mentioned podcasts are decent. My flag however is firmly in the longbangers camp!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by KDY Hibs View Post
    All the mentioned podcasts are decent. My flag however is firmly in the longbangers camp!
    Thanks!