hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Going back to Cmurdochs excellent post, it’s not helped by having 2 players on the bench that hardly get any game time. Gray and big Daz are maybe past their best but in order to keep some of the others from burning themselves out they need to be playing more. Mcginn looked affected the most on Saturday and Gray would’ve been a better option. If they’re only going to be brought on as a last resort we need to think about replacing them. Personally I think they’ve both got enough left to feature in games where we’re not going to be under as much pressure.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My son follows Tam so brought it to my notice to which my wife responded by asking if I had been winding people up again
    I should probably quit now although it's not a patch on Saul last season with Omeonga, the plane, the time and the position of the sun. That blew me away.
    That sounds incredibly close to what my mrs asks me every time she sees me on hibs.net on my phone - “is that you arguing with people on the internet again?”

First Team Breakthrough
    Al very good points to make and excuse the last two performances.... They are more excuses than reasons... we are in forth position and we ware there on points gained and not performances.... we have gained three points on a few occasions this season where our performance did not merit... we have had a few decent games and where we have deserved the points...
    .. I don’t know why we use the excuse at players are tired and burnt out, professionals should be able to play 90 mins at least twice a week...
    we have really struggled against apparently week teams... league cup games were mostly terrible against teams that are part time and have other jobs... tiredness for these guys is a real possibility

take ross county... they played the cup game end of November and the following 6 games had not scored a goal but come to Easter road bottom of the pile and they beat us so easy.... I don’t know how people can defend that loss to Ross county except saying our players are just not good enough on the day.....

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    Al very good points to make and excuse the last two performances.... They are more excuses than reasons... we are in forth position and we ware there on points gained and not performances.... we have gained three points on a few occasions this season where our performance did not merit... we have had a few decent games and where we have deserved the points...
    .. I don’t know why we use the excuse at players are tired and burnt out, professionals should be able to play 90 mins at least twice a week...
    we have really struggled against apparently week teams... league cup games were mostly terrible against teams that are part time and have other jobs... tiredness for these guys is a real possibility

take ross county... they played the cup game end of November and the following 6 games had not scored a goal but come to Easter road bottom of the pile and they beat us so easy.... I don’t know how people can defend that loss to Ross county except saying our players are just not good enough on the day.....
    I’m going to go with actual evidence that players are tired rather than you’d opinion if it’s all the same to you thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    My son follows Tam so brought it to my notice to which my wife responded by asking if I had been winding people up again
    I should probably quit now although it's not a patch on Saul last season with Omeonga, the plane, the time and the position of the sun. That blew me away.

Yeah, you're good mate, but you're not 'Saul Level' good.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    That sounds incredibly close to what my mrs asks me every time she sees me on hibs.net on my phone - “is that you arguing with people on the internet again?”

Having read some of your posts, Calumn, I think that's a reasonable question.

Last edited by Keith_M; 05-01-2021 at 06:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    From a form point of view I think many would say James Tavernier is one of the players of the Scottish football season. He was pretty much a goal or an assist every league game up until the Christmas period. Since then just under 5 games and no goals or assists in the league. He is the 4th most minutes played only missing 5 minutes of league football. Up until the Christmas games Tavernier had 20 involvements in The Rangers 47 goals. No involvements since Xmas games and they have scored 10 goals. If he has ran out of gas in a team playing very well then there is every chance that fatigue is playing a big part in our recent performances.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Having read some of your posts, Calumn, I think that's a reasonable question.

It is indeed. I don’t even pretend to her that’s not what I’m doing anymore

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    It is indeed. I don’t even pretend to her that’s not what I’m doing anymore
    Denial is futile. The kids even check my post numbers and give me knowing looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I’m going to go with actual evidence that players are tired rather than you’d opinion if it’s all the same to you thanks.
    Where is the evidence the players are tired ?

Can the original poster link where they are finding these stats about minutes please ? Would be keen to read it. Thanks

It was obvious Livi would be more fresh than Hibs - especially after Hibs losing to Ross County. If Hibs beat Ross County I’m sure they would have felt more fresh as psychologically winning you usually get a lift.

I don’t understand why Ross didn’t make subs in both games earlier ?

He doesn’t trust Gray / McGregor and obviously won’t give youth as much of a chance.

Surely he should have changed shape too..going 4-3-3 is usually a high press game and players are spread out more / meaning more recovery runs and wasting of limited energy!!

A 4-3-3 needs full backs to get forward too and if McGinn / Boyle tired then why this formation.

He could have easily played Doidge after Rangers game as he was fresh and rested Nisbet - play Gullan.

It’s a fair point about wasting all that effort for nothing against Rangers. 3 points out of 9 at least would have been better than 0 out of 9.

Players looked like they were hating football by the end of Livi game.

Another issue I have is the rushing back of Mallan / Rocky. Rocky was never going to be ready and it was a risk thinking he could get through it and recover during the break.

We have to be careful with these players coming back from injury theh aren’t rushed back as we need them playing regularly but not at detriment to their health long term.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post

It's not 2 games a week that's the problem. It's 10 games a month. Fatigue doesn't happen based on a week.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    https://twitter.com/The_Tman10/statu...996056577?s=19

High praise indeed

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Aye decent praise indeed

A weird angle from Tam referring to fellow hibs fans as “roasters” mind you when there’ll be many of us contributing towards his hibs tv wage.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Where is the evidence the players are tired ?

Can the original poster link where they are finding these stats about minutes please ? Would be keen to read it. Thanks

It was obvious Livi would be more fresh than Hibs - especially after Hibs losing to Ross County. If Hibs beat Ross County I’m sure they would have felt more fresh as psychologically winning you usually get a lift.

I don’t understand why Ross didn’t make subs in both games earlier ?

He doesn’t trust Gray / McGregor and obviously won’t give youth as much of a chance.

Surely he should have changed shape too..going 4-3-3 is usually a high press game and players are spread out more / meaning more recovery runs and wasting of limited energy!!

A 4-3-3 needs full backs to get forward too and if McGinn / Boyle tired then why this formation.

He could have easily played Doidge after Rangers game as he was fresh and rested Nisbet - play Gullan.

It’s a fair point about wasting all that effort for nothing against Rangers. 3 points out of 9 at least would have been better than 0 out of 9.

Players looked like they were hating football by the end of Livi game.

Another issue I have is the rushing back of Mallan / Rocky. Rocky was never going to be ready and it was a risk thinking he could get through it and recover during the break.

We have to be careful with these players coming back from injury theh aren’t rushed back as we need them playing regularly but not at detriment to their health long term.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scot...wettbewerb/SC1

It's all there to see.

I agree with your points about subs and shape, and it was obvious to me in both games that we should have gone with the same starting 11 as we did against Rangers. We could even have rotated the midfield between Hallberg, Mallan, Newell and KM. It would have been a good chance the give Donaldson a start too, especially with Stevenson behind him to talk him through the game. Boyle could have been used as an impact player instead of making another start, then Wright could have had a shot in his most favoured position wide right.

This is all well and good in hindsight, and I'm sure the coaches would have looked at all these options.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Aye decent praise indeed

A weird angle from Tam referring to fellow hibs fans as “roasters” mind you when there’ll be many of us contributing towards his hibs tv wage.
    Agree Stuart, strange one....maybe another ex pro who is of the opinion if you've not played the game professionally, or he doesn't agree with it, you qualify as a "roaster".
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Aye decent praise indeed

I thought the roasters comment was fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Agree Stuart, strange one....maybe another ex pro who is of the opinion if you've not played the game professionally, or he doesn't agree with it, you qualify as a "roaster".
    A lot of folk who use messageboards are ‘roasters’. There’s a fair amount of nonsense and abuse posted on here that nobody would say in the street, it’s not just messageboards but Social Media in general.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Going back to Cmurdochs excellent post, it’s not helped by having 2 players on the bench that hardly get any game time. Gray and big Daz are maybe past their best but in order to keep some of the others from burning themselves out they need to be playing more. Mcginn looked affected the most on Saturday and Gray would’ve been a better option. If they’re only going to be brought on as a last resort we need to think about replacing them. Personally I think they’ve both got enough left to feature in games where we’re not going to be under as much pressure.

In hindsight they should both have been in against Livi. Paul seemed to give the ball away with every pass and Ryan was all over the place.