hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes of course Ron has put in money but he got a load of tangible assets in return.

That’s an investment, this is a donation. Given that the club can’t even be bothered to acknowledge this latest initiative, I don’t think it’s unreasonable for supporters to ask some questions.
    Not unreasonable at all. We should always be asking questions.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Yes of course Ron has put in money but he got a load of tangible assets in return.

That’s an investment, this is a donation. Given that the club can’t even be bothered to acknowledge this latest initiative, I don’t think it’s unreasonable for supporters to ask some questions.
    In fairness I think the characterisation that the club ‘can’t be bothered to acknowledge this latest initiative’ is untrue.

They were informed about it yesterday morning, on a matchday, and one member of staff is on annual leave and the other was running the matchday media operation.

There’s a limited staff base doing extra work at the club at the moment and they’ve been happy to help on almost every occasion since the summer.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Not unreasonable at all. We should always be asking questions.
    I asked one last night - does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Is the Hearts one the same as ours or Aberdeen’s?

Are we being ultra cautious (similar to when they wouldn’t let you buy direct shares without an IFA) or is it a legitimate concern?

I asked one last night - does anyone know?
    Hibernian Supporters in closer to the Foundation of Hearts than AberDNA. AberDNA is run by the club and offers discounts and goodies in return for an annual membership. It’s also subject to 20% VAT on all fan payments.

Foundation of Hearts is a donation scheme which has raised a pre agreed sum of funds to buy the club from Ann Budge and continues to raise additional funds for the club now they’ve raised enough to pay Budge.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 1875 View Post
    In fairness I think the characterisation that the club ‘can’t be bothered to acknowledge this latest initiative’ is untrue.

They were informed about it yesterday morning, on a matchday, and one member of staff is on annual leave and the other was running the matchday media operation.

There’s a limited staff base doing extra work at the club at the moment and they’ve been happy to help on almost every occasion since the summer.
    Arse licker.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva_Palmeiras View Post
    No they were acting in a different individual capacity and not as members of a collective Hibs Board. Subtle but important distinction just as they would be free to be non-exec directors of other organisations/institutions. No longer applies to Leeann of course even if she is still in directorship of HSL
    You've got me baffled

You'll need to explain the subtle distinction.

I'm reading the articles of association.

Parts 14.1 and 14.5

That should clear it up.

They were appointed by HFC.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanishJohn View Post
    You need to revisit your third paragraph.

The HSL board had two Hibernian football club appointed board members.
    I would call that being directly involved.
    Wouldn't you?
    They had 2 Mr S Dunn resigned from the HSL board and Ms L Dempster will also soon leave the HS board. HS is the second largest share holder in HFC and should have at least one director to look after its interests.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Are folk forgetting that we’re almost a year into a pandemic that has seen no fans attend games and a massive reduction in turnover for the club? Frankly, Ron keeping the club in existence, with the budget we currently have and having us compete for Europe and the latter stages in the cups tells me he is ‘ponying up’. I’m also pretty sure he will somehow find the funds to bring in 2 or 3 players in January to ensure we push on from what is actually a pretty strong position, despite the last few results.

Let’s not forget, we are not out the woods yet. If there’s still no fans in stadiums come the end of the season, how do we think season ticket sales will go? Financial forecasting will be a scary process.
    Superb post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Hibernian Supporters in closer to the Foundation of Hearts than AberDNA. AberDNA is run by the club and offers discounts and goodies in return for an annual membership. It’s also subject to 20% VAT on all fan payments.

Foundation of Hearts is a donation scheme which has raised a pre agreed sum of funds to buy the club from Ann Budge and continues to raise additional funds for the club now they’ve raised enough to pay Budge.
    Cheers. So that begs the question how come Hearts continually make reference to the foundation but we’re not allowed to?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Cheers. So that begs the question how come Hearts continually make reference to the foundation but we’re not allowed to?
    I think (this is my understanding of it, so happy to stand corrected) we’re both able to talk about it but promoting it is a different story.

A quick look at Hearts’ website and there’s no reference or links to FoH at all.

Hearts will reference it more because FoH bring in significantly more money, have been significantly more active (spurred on by being daft enough to think they were voted out the league) and are due to take ownership of the club.

I think Hibs could do a lot more to support HSL, but that thought isn’t held with any knowledge of what they can and can’t do.

I think that comes down to perception to be honest. There is still an unfinished business transaction between the current chair and the FoH which means they'll be seen to be working closer together. Budge wants her money back and needs to keep them onside until she gets it.

Out of interest though - and from my side of things in trying to promote HS in conjunction with the club - I've just been through the Hearts twitter account since the start of December and there's no mention of the Foundation of Hearts. There's no mention of FoH on the Hearts website from at least the start of October (as far as I scrolled back) and there's no FoH advert in their last home match programme against Ayr on Boxing Day.

I've no idea what they do for their season ticket holders via live stream but I'd be willing to bet there's not a 40 second advert shown right before kick off of every home game either.

We're doing our best to work with the club and as I've said they have largely been accommodating and helpful in what we're doing. I think a shift in perception of Hibernian Supporters would go a long way to change a few minds on the good work that's being done and the club's attitude towards it.
    Last edited by Daniel 1875; 03-01-2021 at 01:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I think that comes down to perception to be honest. There is still an unfinished business transaction between the current chair and the FoH which means they'll be seen to be working closer together. Budge wants her money back and needs to keep them onside until she gets it.

Out of interest though - and from my side of things in trying to promote HS in conjunction with the club - I've just been through the Hearts twitter account since the start of December and there's no mention of the Foundation of Hearts. There's no mention of FoH on the Hearts website from at least the start of October (as far as I scrolled back) and there's no FoH advert in their last home match programme against Ayr on Boxing Day.

I've no idea what they do for their season ticket holders via live stream but I'd be willing to bet there's not a 40 second advert shown right before kick off of every home game either.

We're doing our best to work with the club and as I've said they have largely been accommodating and helpful in what we're doing. I think a shift in perception of Hibernian Supporters would go a long way to change a few minds on the good work that's being done and the club's attitude towards it.
    Good post.

The TV ad is very good, but it shows how easily things can be overlooked that it’s taken until your post to highlight it.

That’s not to say ad has no impact, just that people don’t always make the connection between the two.

@hibs.net private member

That’s interesting. I definitely have a perception of them mentioning the foundation at every opportunity.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That’s interesting. I definitely have a perception of them mentioning the foundation at every opportunity.
    Same here, but i don’t pay enough attention to them to base that on anything. Could be that it’s independent parties that push it more (Evening News, Sportsound etc).

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I think it's actually the media that mentions the FOH at every opportunity. You hear it from Preston and English all the time

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Same here, but i don’t pay enough attention to them to base that on anything. Could be that it’s independent parties that push it more (Evening News, Sportsound etc).
    Just said the same, should have read to the end of the thread. They get free advertising all the time. BBC radiojambo are particularly bad for it

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Just said the same, should have read to the end of the thread. They get free advertising all the time. BBC radiojambo are particularly bad for it
    Even in the documentary about Hearts they had a fair few mentions and airtime.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Chris Cadden......looks like Ron is ponying up again.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not going to knock Ron Gordon and his financial contribution. Far from it.

However I think the club should be doing far more to promote HSL. It's essentially asking fans to make a financial donation to the club over and above their ST, strip, Happy Hibee ticket and various other things. The share option has been removed so there is nothing tangible in return. A better team on the park is not guaranteed and it's subjective.

I understand there are potential restrictions around what Hibs can do but from what I see on social media the likes of Hearts and Motherwell do far, far more to promote their respective schemes.
    Why are we as a club not getting the message over better, why do we seem reluctant to promote the arse out of it?

I can't fathom this at all, surely this is in everyones interest at the club?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    I was going to donate my £25 match fee to HSL, on top of my £30 per month subscription following their appeal, but I think i'll keep my hand in my pocket until Ron Gordon puts his hand in his and furnishes the squad with a couple of players.

Maybe that imposter Tanner will ask Mathie about the paucity of the squad at halftime, but I'll not hold my breath?
    So, are you asking Ron to buy you a Pony, before you contribute your cash?

Or are you asking Ron to travel on horse back (possibly on a Pony) somewhere?

Maybe Ron could arrive on a Pony and speak with Mathie and Tanner, before making arrangements with them to deliver a Pony (he would obviously need to know when they would be at home for delivery purposes)?! After that he could come and speak to you directly about a Pony.

I would be concerned about giving a Pony to an imposter though, as I rather like animals.

Thinking outside the box here, maybe a bonus scheme could be implemented and players could earn a Pony? Maybe that could replace actual cash as the mane motivator.

Then each player would be a 'Pony Up', which would align more specifically with the thrust of your proposal.

Breaking News:

Ron Gordon announces January Signings.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    So, are you asking Ron to buy you a Pony, before you contribute your cash?

Or are you asking Ron to travel on horse back (possibly on a Pony) somewhere?

Maybe Ron could arrive on a Pony and speak with Mathie and Tanner, before making arrangements with them to deliver a Pony (he would obviously need to know when they would be at home for delivery purposes)?! After that he could come and speak to you directly about a Pony.

I would be concerned about giving a Pony to an imposter though, as I rather like animals.

Thinking outside the box here, maybe a bonus scheme could be implemented and players could earn a Pony? Maybe that could replace actual cash as the mane motivator.

Then each player would be a 'Pony Up', which would align more specifically with the thrust of your proposal.
    Mr Gordon has and will contribute money to keep Hibs competitive. HS has been a very generous source of funds for Hibs . I think it is time for the club to look at a method of funds directly donating to the club. Mr Gordon has made it clear that he is the driving force behind Hibs as he is the major share holder. In the short term HS is providing useful money to our club at a time when the club’s income is greatly reduced. If the club is able to manage a method of fan donation that can have some benefits that allows the club to be free from punitive tax , I will probably support it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Mr Gordon has and will contribute money to keep Hibs competitive. HS has been a very generous source of funds for Hibs . I think it is time for the club to look at a method of funds directly donating to the club. Mr Gordon has made it clear that he is the driving force behind Hibs as he is the major share holder. In the short term HS is providing useful money to our club at a time when the club’s income is greatly reduced. If the club is able to manage a method of fan donation that can have some benefits that allows the club to be free from punitive tax , I will probably support it.
    HSL's money goes (AFAIK) tax free to the club. While it's not direct, it's as near as dammit to the point where it really doesn't make much of a difference.

If there's already a method of doing it, why create another?

First Team Breakthrough
    HSL's money goes (AFAIK) tax free to the club. While it's not direct, it's as near as dammit to the point where it really doesn't make much of a difference.

Bang on.

HSL has a legal obligation to use the money its receives from donations to buy shares. This is not possible at the moment and the donation of money to HFC as I understand it is a temporary one. For this situation to continue it requires a chage to the articles of HSL. The share holders of HSL I am sure will discuss this issue ASAP.

I would like to see HSL being able to assist HFC in a way that is beneficial to both companies. IMO I am happy to continue donating money to Hibs FC. as it is a good system of HFC geeting funds. I am also open to anyother system that may be better

So if, as being reported, we’ve turned down nearly £4.5m in transfer fees, does this put to bed any doubt over *‘Ron the Con’s’ motives?

*apologies for the Jamboesq reference to Mr Gordon.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I think it does reflect a sea change. Resisting a £3 million bid for one of our players we paid only a tenth of just a few months earlier. I think in the past we would have grabbed the cash, especially in the context of the current social climate who really could have blamed the Club? I think its a big well done to the Club and its management. The players will probably move on in the next window but I think a message of intent has been delivered.

Kev and Porto need to get their heads down now and work hard, they will get their moves, most likely in the summer but if they play their cards right their value will increase and better clubs than Birmingham City and Millwall will come knocking. A win win situation for both the players and Hibernian FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    I was going to donate my £25 match fee to HSL, on top of my £30 per month subscription following their appeal, but I think i'll keep my hand in my pocket until Ron Gordon puts his hand in his and furnishes the squad with a couple of players.

Maybe that imposter Tanner will ask Mathie about the paucity of the squad at halftime, but I'll not hold my breath?
    Thoughts on Ron ponying up now and the state of the squad?

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Ron is really fleecing us now. Invested more than any other club outside the OF in new players (and very good players at that), overhauling the club behind the scenes into a truly professional outfit inside and out, oh and getting one of the brightest prospects we’ve seen in a long time tied down on a 5 year deal. If we get third and guaranteed European Group Stage football until Christmas I might organise a protest.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Thoughts on Ron ponying up now and the state of the squad?
    Scotty only posts when we're losing, posts when we're losing......

The disappearing act makes me question these kind of posters HIbs credentials.