hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christopher Columbus Syndrome

Is it just me who feels that our support is cursed with a high number of fans desperate to be the first to notice that a player/manager is "*****"? You don't win any prizes for calling something before the rest of us despite your desperate attempts to be ahead of the curve.

Where are we ever going to go as a club if every run of three defeats on the spin sees people calling for the manager's head or writing off every player as not good enough? We're Hibs. It's going to happen sometimes.. Deal with it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

What I hate more is when people on here believe hibs fans are any different to any other football fans

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I hate more is when people on here believe hibs fans are any different to any other football fans
    Aye it's absolutely bizarre. If there had been fans in today I bet some numpty would be blaming them for making the players nervous or some pish like that.

Gerrard's been given more time and goodwill by a support full of cretins whose stakes couldn't be higher this season (stopping ten in a row). We are bang on target for where we'd have wanted us to be (4th place) and there are a large number of fans who want the manager's head? That's the same right enough.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Gerrard's been given more time and goodwill by a support full of cretins whose stakes couldn't be higher this season (stopping ten in a row). We are bang on target for where we'd have wanted us to be (4th place) and there are a large number of fans who want the manager's head? That's the same right enough.
    Rangers progression was quote clear in terms of style of play and performances as a whole . The problem we have is we seem to have few good performances & don't seem to have much of a style of play under Ross

We are in a reasonable but expected position . The concern is more the lack of progress in style and failure to rectify obvious problem positions in the team rather than league position , althpugh after last 2 abysmal home results that could quickly become a concern too .

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeDaz6270 View Post
    We are in a reasonable but expected position . The concern is more the lack of progress in style and failure to rectify obvious problem positions in the team rather than league position , althpugh after last 2 abysmal home results that could quickly become a concern too .
    Sums it up quite succinctly.

You’re acting like rangers fans weren’t calling for Gerrard, tavernier and morelos’ head this time last year 🤣🤣🤣 tavernier was the clubs worst ever captain 12 months ago and Gerrard was a bottler and not good enough for a club that size

Sometimes Hibs fans on here are Hearts fans.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Is it just me who feels that our support is cursed with a high number of fans desperate to be the first to notice that a player/manager is "*****"? You don't win any prizes for calling something before the rest of us despite your desperate attempts to be ahead of the curve.

Where are we ever going to go as a club if every run of three defeats on the spin sees people calling for the manager's head or writing off every player as not good enough? We're Hibs. It's going to happen sometimes.. Deal with it.
    Has it ever occurred to you that a lot of Hibs fans have been here before, THIS IS NOT SIMPLY ABOUT THE LAST TWO GAMES, Hibs have rarely played well under this manager in fact some of the football has been utter s hit e.

Don’t try to take any high ground as some super supporter because you are not of the same mind, it might just be that you don’t know when a manager is not up to the job. I don’t think fans are trying to get ahead of any curve as you put it, they are simply fed up with the p is h being served up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Why can we not start 21 with a better cental defence? One that doesn't contain Ryan Porteous or Paul Hanlon? Both of whom are disaster defenders.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    That's what is called " Hibs Class"🙄

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you that a lot of Hibs fans have been here before, THIS IS NOT SIMPLY ABOUT THE LAST TWO GAMES, Hibs have rarely played well under this manager in fact some of the football has been utter s hit e.

Don’t try to take any high ground as some super supporter because you are not of the same mind, it might just be that you don’t know when a manager is not up to the job. I don’t think fans are trying to get ahead of any curve as you put it, they are simply fed up with the p is h being served up.
    You are the one trying to take some kind of moral superiority it seems? People are allowed to have views, considerations and ideas different to your own.

We can't change our manager every 18 months or we will end up in an endless cycle of change and never build on anything.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't know about any syndrome but we do possess a fair quantity of very vocal drama queens - is that just like any club? I don't know - but I like to think it's cos we're the more "Bohemian" club in the town

What's more annoying than people going OTT after a defeat is the attention seeking "look at how cool, calm and collected I am after another humping at home" posts.

Hibs fans are different - I doubt there is another club whos fans demand the manager gets sacked and half the team get sold after losing two games.

I don't know what people expect - do they really think that the Board take any notice of what is said on an internet forum?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    What's more annoying than people going OTT after a defeat is the attention seeking "look at how cool, calm and collected I am after another humping at home" posts.
    Eh no.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I’ll add another dimension and be the guy that says hey, we are in a global pandemic guys and everyone has been spending too much time looking at the internet rather than engaging in more normal rational discourse, so things tend to escalate quickly and small problems quickly seem like big ones. Think we’re just going to have to take the rough with the smooth with this manager whilst he keeps learning as I don’t think we will attract a better manager that we can afford. Peace out and take a day off thinking about Hibs. They’ll still be here when you come back.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    You are funny 😂

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    You do realise that rangers fans wanted Gerrard and a lot of their squad binned last season?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    You do realise that rangers fans wanted Gerrard and a lot of their squad binned last season?
    Exactly. Hibs fans live in a bubble

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Exactly. Hibs fans live in a bubble
    https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/i-think-this-is-beginning-of-the-end-for-gerrard.111343/

I have no inclination to read through this whole thread on the cesspit that is follow follow but one of the first few posts reads:

He needs to say to the Board you accept my resignation or you replace Morelos, Tav, Goldson, Jack and Kent and get me players with a spine.

At the time that was quite a widely held view by rangers fans. Gerrard was also a serial failure/bottlejob.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 03-01-2021 at 09:05 AM.

I'm still not convinced there is any great desire to have Jack Ross removed. There are a few throwaway comments said in the heat of the moment and 1 or 2 more persistent voices but nothing like the sustained pressure that previous managers have had to deal with. At this moment in time there most certainly shouldn't be that kind of 'campaign' either. We are still on course for a good season.

I think it has to be accepted though that managers rarely lose a fanbase on the back of a singular result. People might point to the 6-1 at Ibrox as the point of no return for Heckingbottom but it was the culmination of a growing discontent that took in a poor run at the end of the previous season, a poor display at the start of the new season, an insipid display against Celtic in the Scottish Cup etc etc that did for him. Suddenly a draw at home to St Johnstone went from disappointing to disastrous. At our level a managers time inevitably ends one of 2 way. They are a roaring success and move on to bigger things or they suffer a prolonged run of poor results that sees them mutually consented. If that should be the fate of Ross then it won't be a single 3-0 defeat that does for him. It will be that Derby performance, that semi final result, that away game against Aberdeen, those 2 results against Livi and Ross County...... I said yesterday post match that I don't believe Ross has any case to answer right now but weeks like the one just past are how momentum starts to build around these things.

I'll be totally honest and say I don't really like Ross. I don't actively dislike him, I'm just somewhere around neutral. I find him a bit dull and I feel very aware he is here because it's his job. Of course that's the case for most managers but some are better at disguising that than others. I think if people are equally honest most of us will accept that we have similar feelings about managers. There are a select few who back every manager to the bitter end and that's commendable. Equally there are those who are very vocal about people having a go at the managers they like and pointing out the damage that does whilst being quite happy to lead the charge against those they don't.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    The end for Ross will come soon, the players don’t look like they are prepared to give their all and even the ones who have waited for a chance don’t look interested. We’ve see it loads of times, he’ll get give time, at least till the semifinal but if he looses that there is no way back for him. If he wins the semi then maybe till the end of the season but unfortunately it just a repeat of many that have gone before him. If it was exciting football then maybe he’ll be cut some slack but his style is boring unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    The end for Ross will come soon, the players don’t look like they are prepared to give their all and even the ones who have waited for a chance don’t look interested. We’ve see it loads of times, he’ll get give time, at least till the semifinal but if he looses that there is no way back for him. If he wins the semi then maybe till the end of the season but unfortunately it just a repeat of many that have gone before him. If it was exciting football then maybe he’ll be cut some slack but his style is boring unfortunately.
    If this forum was around during the days of Alex Miller then people would be saying the same thing. He lasted 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    You are the one trying to take some kind of moral superiority it seems? People are allowed to have views, considerations and ideas different to your own.

We can't change our manager every 18 months or we will end up in an endless cycle of change and never build on anything.

You are the bright lad that sees everything, I think you might find a lot of Hibs fans out there unhappy with our performances, even when winning and JR is not a popular manager which only ends one way.

You have your opinion I have mine.

Left by mutual consent!

So are you confident Jack Ross can deliver the League Cup from the position we are in? If so, what is that confidence based on?

You are the bright lad that sees everything, I think you might find a lot of Hibs fans out there unhappy with our performances, even when winning and JR is not a popular manager which only ends one way.

You have your opinion I have mine.
    Didn't say I was happy with performances, they haven't been good enough. But people are allowed to put their opinion across without you trying to call them out as false as they differ from you overtly negative take on it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Didn't say I was happy with performances, they haven't been good enough. But people are allowed o put their opinion across without you trying to call them out as false as they differ from you overtly negative take on it all.
    Difficult to be positive just now and my response was to the OP who was slagging off Hibs fans, however as usual there are plenty Happy Clappers waiting in the wings to put things right.

My view was/is not overtly negative you seem rather out of touch do you talk to many of our supporters on a regular basis?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Difficult to be positive just now and my response was to the OP who was slagging off Hibs fans, however as usual there are plenty Happy Clappers waiting in the wings to put things right.

My view was/is not overtly negative you seem rather out of touch do you talk to many of our supporters on a regular basis?
    Slagging off happy clappers is fime though, just not the other way?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I had to Google Christopher Columbus Syndrome, every days a school day.