hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyndon Dykes

Testimonial Due
    I think Scotland are seeing the difference of a non Old Firm Manager.
    Picking players for what they can do, not who they play for!
    Tho' the panelists last night saying about Scotland picking players from all the big clubs?
    Hope Clarke continues with his strategy, and not fall foul of the Old Firm media calls!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tho' the panelists last night saying about Scotland picking players from all the big clubs?
    Hope Clarke continues with his strategy, and not fall foul of the Old Firm media calls!!!
    The irony being that same approach, giving players in form a chance regardless of who they play for, has been heavily criticised on here by quite a few. Tough gig being a Scotland manager as you can’t win with some whatever you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Not everyone will know what the issue with LG was overnight, I certainly didn't until about 10 minutes ago, don't believe for one minute he knew what Lafferty has been through recently, I certainly didn't
    It's maybe just me but this doesn't make sense. What do you mean LG's issue overnight?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Are you still pissed.
    Yes.

****ing come onnnnnnnnnnnn.

Lyndon Dykes was excellent last night and was very unlucky to be taken off.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It's maybe just me but this doesn't make sense. What do you mean LG's issue overnight?
    He’s removed himself from Twitter again after slagging off Lafferty. He just needs to remove himself from all social.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Not everyone will know what the issue with LG was overnight, I certainly didn't until about 10 minutes ago, don't believe for one minute he knew what Lafferty has been through recently, I certainly didn't
    What’s he been through? Lafferty is an utter prick regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    What’s he been through? Lafferty is an utter prick regardless.
    From a quick Twitter search it seems his sister passed away recently. I'd be pretty surprised if LG knew that but it obviously looks bad.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Dykes has been a revelation for Scotland. He might not have been born here, but he's clearly a passionate man and giving everything for the cause.

I was so impressed by how he played against very good quality defenders. Although they were bigger than him, he still won lots of balls in the air and was strong enough to hold them off with the ball at his feet. The tide was turning before he came off, but McBurnie just couldn't get on the ball and that made it so much easier for the Serbs during the last part of the game.

It's been a masterstroke getting the laddie on board. He'll be a top flight player down south soon enough, one way or another.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    He’s removed himself from Twitter again after slagging off Lafferty. He just needs to remove himself from all social.
    No he doesn't, it's a shame that the internet is full of idiots who'll try to apportion the absolute worst meanings to peoples comments, but LG did nothing wrong.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    From a quick Twitter search it seems his sister passed away recently. I'd be pretty surprised if LG knew that but it obviously looks bad.
    Does it though?

It can only look bad if you believe he was laughing at Laffertys sister dying, which he quite obviously wasn't.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    He's the striker we've needed for years. Hopefully he goes on to have a good season for QPR.

Griffiths is doing his very best never to get picked for any football team again. Someone just needs to stop him ever having social media. He’s too stupid to be allowed on the internet.
    You post some amount of utter ***** on here. And changing your username wont change that.

Gamer IDs

Dykes was brilliant, and the difference it made to our play when we took him off for McBurnie was massive. I never thought he was that good when he was at Livi.

I'm still one of those who doesn't think we should have players in the team who qualify to play for us like he does, but I'll support whoever is playing, and if he continues playing like that I'll be delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    You post some amount of utter ***** on here. And changing your username wont change that.
    Pop me on ignore then. Will save you getting personal on a message board.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I agree with brightside. Leigh needs to stop using social media. Regardless of whether he meant offense about Laffertys sister, (and it’s highly likely he was totally ignorant of the situation) all the kerfuffle can’t be doing his mental health any good.

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    I was thinking this last night. Personally it’s easier for me to warm to this team because there’s less OF content in the first eleven than there’s ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Lyndon Dykes was excellent last night and was very unlucky to be taken off.
    I think given his style of play, it's difficult for him to last 90 minutes at that tempo.

But he was fantastic. No coincedince we couldn't get out when he went off.

Hard to believe how many hold up and knock on headers Dykes wins. What amazes me is that he very rarely gives away a free kick when he jumps. Lots of you will remember guys like Duncan Ferguson, Joe Jordan etc playing up front for Scotland and giving away free kick after free kick in the same situations.

He has effortlessly made the transition from Livingston to International Football.
    He totally disrupted quality Serbian defenders last night.
    Even non playing things like having a smile for the referee last night played in his favour.
    Remarkable cool customer.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Hope Livvi have a decent sell on fee, because some of the EPL sides will be looking at him soon
    Could set them up for years if he was to go for big money

Thought he was class last night, won everything in the air. As a few other have said, a fully fit Griffiths buzzing off his flick ons could be a deadly combination

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Skilful and strong. Plays with a smile on his face and has a great attitude it seems. Whatever Scotland did to persuade him he needed to play for Scotland was a masterstroke.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Skilful and strong. Plays with a smile on his face and has a great attitude it seems. Whatever Scotland did to persuade him he needed to play for Scotland was a masterstroke.
    Think James McFadden played a bit part in getting him to play for Scotland, seemingly were teammates at QOS
    Think speaking to Clarke would have been the clincher

Coaching Staff
    An example of the undiscovered football talent in Australia.

He never played any higher than local state competition before trying his luck in his parent’s home town.

Another reason why Hibs should make a connection with an Australian club.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    The irony being that same approach, giving players in form a chance regardless of who they play for, has been heavily criticised on here by quite a few. Tough gig being a Scotland manager as you can’t win with some whatever you do.

Yup, plenty of people were giving Clarke abuse. All credit to him, he had a plan, kept working at it and didn’t let the criticism affect him.

Interesting point made on 5 live before the match: Steve Clarke lives in Surrey, so gets the chance to escape all the criticism and his family is kept away from it. Something in that I think.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Hard to believe how many hold up and knock on headers Dykes wins. What amazes me is that he very rarely gives away a free kick when he jumps. Lots of you will remember guys like Duncan Ferguson, Joe Jordan etc playing up front for Scotland and giving away free kick after free kick in the same situations.

He has effortlessly made the transition from Livingston to International Football.
    He totally disrupted quality Serbian defenders last night.
    Even non playing things like having a smile for the referee last night played in his favour.
    Remarkable cool customer.
    Great point if you watch him (I have to be honest and admit this is based almost totally on his last two international performances only) he seems to jump AWAY from the defender when trying to win a header, avoiding claims of a push or an elbow, almost like he makes good judgement about where the aerial ball is going to land so has an advantage over the defender more times than not. Seems to be as simple as great natural timing.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think James McFadden played a bit part in getting him to play for Scotland, seemingly were teammates at QOS
    Think speaking to Clarke would have been the clincher
    Maybe. Good on him as it wouldn’t have been much of a laugh but it’s worked out well.