hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't call you names and if saying you talk tripe or pish is insulting, you need to get out more or start developing a thicker skin.
    Of course it is insulting, you wouldn't say so if not.

Did Tracy need a thicker skin when abuse from supporters forced her out of her job? Absolute neaderthal opinion that is. How about you just don't say those things and respond to my football related points?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Can’t understand why people will be annoyed at this, experienced cover and somebody who is clearly well liked at Hibs.

Just John to come home next...

I just find it funny that when we sign a player like Stephen McGinn and one poster posts anything slightly negative everyone is on his back making out it will be a great piece of business and even if it’s not here’s x, y and z about why he’s good to have about the place. It’s like we try to convince ourselves it’s brilliant.

He’s 32 this year, just back from an injury that required an operation and was on his way out at St Mirren from what I’ve seen their fans saying. He’s also been training with us since we returned but we only just signed him now? Even though Ross will know exactly what he’s capable of having managed him before and the club will know all about him from his time at St Mirren and Dundee.

If Aberdeen signed him how would we react?

I actually thought we would sign him in January before I heard of his injury at Ross talked very highly about him during his time at St Mirren and how important he was to the attacking style they played, but he never.

Im not saying he will be terrible, far from it. But it does seem a bit of an odd/easy option.

We could go and sign another brilliant centre mid tomorrow or before the window and then all of a sudden we look at our options and think we have a good variety should injures happen etc.

But I’m firmly in the camp if we need a strong squad, but make it stronger by signing starting 11 quality players not ones that are clearly coming in as cover.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Time will tell if it’s a good deal for us I suppose (I’m not saying it won’t be).

What I find interesting is the whole ‘coaching’ aspect. We have Gray and McGregor with their long term contracts with that type of thing apparently included. Does it maybe tell us Ross wants his own guy and doesn’t see them getting in to that?
    He's been used as an extra pair of eyes in the stand, you get a better perspective there, Ross obviously trusts him.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Muckle surprise that the usual suspects question every single decision hibs make without an ounce of rational thought.
    No one actually does that. Everyone has been delighted with our business so far, me included.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Of course it is insulting, you wouldn't say so if not.

Did Tracy need a thicker skin when abuse from supporters forced her out of her job? Absolute neaderthal opinion that is. How about you just don't say those things and respond to my football related points?
    You never responded to my football question
    Do you trust Jack Ross and his signings so far

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Delighted to complete the holy trinity with the last available Mcginn. Welcome aboard the good ship Hibernian .

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You never responded to my football question
    Do you trust Jack Ross and his signings so far
    Trust Ross? Maybe. Against the poorer sides, yeah. Against the bigger, better ones, not yet.

His signings, generally been good. Too early to really tell, though. This isn't anything like the other signings he has made.

No one actually does that. Everyone has been delighted with our business so far, me included.
    Except this one though.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I just find it funny that when we sign a player like Stephen McGinn and one poster posts anything slightly negative everyone is on his back making out it will be a great piece of business and even if it’s not here’s x, y and z about why he’s good to have about the place. It’s like we try to convince ourselves it’s brilliant.

He’s 32 this year, just back from an injury that required an operation and was on his way out at St Mirren from what I’ve seen their fans saying. He’s also been training with us since we returned but we only just signed him now? Even though Ross will know exactly what he’s capable of having managed him before and the club will know all about him from his time at St Mirren and Dundee.

If Aberdeen signed him how would we react?

I actually thought we would sign him in January before I heard of his injury at Ross talked very highly about him during his time at St Mirren and how important he was to the attacking style they played, but he never.

Im not saying he will be terrible, far from it. But it does seem a bit of an odd/easy option.

We could go and sign another brilliant centre mid tomorrow or before the window and then all of a sudden we look at our options and think we have a good variety should injures happen etc.

But I’m firmly in the camp if we need a strong squad, but make it stronger by signing starting 11 quality players not ones that are clearly coming in as cover.
    Is he not 31?

Except this one though.
    Yes, something I am perfectly entitled to do. There are plenty of reasons to doubt this signing. If it was the no brainer folk are pretending it is, it would have been done months ago.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I’m cracking up at us signing another McGinn and also killing myself laughing at everyone here who’s seething with rage at this signing.

Someone else said it, there’s a pandemic on, this isn’t a marquee signing, it’s cover for gogic and it’s probably not costing a lot.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Mourinho will be sacked by xmas IMO

Coaching Staff
    Except this one though.
    When you see the clubs he's played for especially down south they are all of a good level, the guy is no mug, I just don't get the level of derision been thrown at him.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I’m cracking up at us signing another McGinn and also killing myself laughing at everyone here who’s seething with rage at this signing.

Someone else said it, there’s a pandemic on, this isn’t a marquee signing, it’s cover for gogic and it’s probably not costing a lot.
    Absolutely no one is seething. Folk are questioning it, which is perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Is he not 31?
    Yes but he’s 32 before the end of the year.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    😂

Trust Ross? Maybe. Against the poorer sides, yeah. Against the bigger, better ones, not yet.

His signings, generally been good. Too early to really tell, though. This isn't anything like the other signings he has made.
    Fine, thanks for your opinion

A decent signing in the sort of mould that can come on from the bench and add to our our new found solidity to see out games.

Welcome to Hibs - just don’t read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    It’s not old in football terms nowadays though

@hibs.net private member
    A bit sceptical about this one but I felt the same about Paul and he's been excellent.

Just hope we are still looking at another one to come in.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    But for accuracy he is 31 just now!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post

Yas! Back on track.

Yes, something I am perfectly entitled to do. There are plenty of reasons to doubt this signing. If it was the no brainer folk are pretending it is, it would have been done months ago.
    When you come out with this sh... you deserve all the so called 'abuse' that comes your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    When you come out with this sh... you deserve all the so called 'abuse' that comes your way.
    Great, thanks mate

But for accuracy he is 31 just now!
    Yea but he's 32 next

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post

Too many wannabe managers on here, all think it should be them in the dig out.

Two of the most tiresome cliches in modern football: it’s all about opinions and fans are entitled to have them.

Firstly, I’ve never seen an opinion win a game of football, and two, I’m not sure. Why are we ‘entitled’ to have an opinion about Stephen McGinn? Not one of us has seen him in training this summer.

Jack Ross thinks he was worth a contract and Jack Ross knows more about managing this Hibs team than I do, so that will do for me. Not a particularly exciting signing I grant you, but frankly some of the people on here saying they ‘don’t understand’ this signing are just embarrassing.

Did they expect Jack to phone them and explain his reasoning first??

I long for the days we were taking random punts on guys like Miquel Nelom as back up not guys who the manager has been watching in training every day for a couple of months. Petrie out!

Where's the money coming from for all these signings?

We're not likely to have any matchday income for a long time, unless Hibs know something that I don't.

Is he not 31?
    Problem its the wrong McGinn we have signed! We are waiting for Super John to re-sign!