hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

F.A. Cup final, Arsenal v Chelsea, 17:30 KO

Arsenal are a decent price to win in 90 minutes - I got 3/1 yesterday. Both teams have their deficiencies, particularly at the back, so there is a good chance of goals. It's a tough one to call, but perhaps Aubamayang will prove the difference, after a poor league season. Arsenal's recent FA Cup record is superb; I'm going 3-1 to them.

If you're thinking a wee flutter, Paddy Power offering money back as cash if Chelsea win in 90 minutes, maximum £10.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 01-08-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Would prefer to see Chelsea win over Arsenal, simply because I have been impressed with Lampard and Chelsea and how he dealt with the transfer ban and developed the younger players into his squad. At the start of the season Mount and Abraham in particular were on fire but I didn’t think Chelsea could keep the pace with the squad they had, yet they and Lampard have done really well.

As a Tottenham fan, I would prefer Arsenal to win.

Chelsea are a right shower of ****s!

Very close game, as both league matches have been. Chelsea in shambles with the goalkeeper situation. Arsenal always unconvicing at the back.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    dislike chelsea but my cash is on them today

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Giroud with the winner?

I hope chelsea win as like someone else said dispite some inconsistency throughout the season I think Lampard has done an amazing job giving what he had to work with.

Poor old Frank Lampard
    having to work under tight restrictions at a club thats spent a billion over budget the last 15 yrs

COME ON YOU GUNNERS

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Sleeves View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor old Frank Lampard
    having to work under tight restrictions at a club thats spent a billion over budget the last 15 yrs

COME ON YOU GUNNERS
    Nice username, I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Nice username, I get it.
    72 cup finals black and white tv

1-0 chelsea after 5 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I hope chelsea win as like someone else said dispite some inconsistency throughout the season I think Lampard has done an amazing job giving what he had to work with.
    Hear hear! Come on Chels!!

penalty arsenal 1-1. ****

28 mins

cashed in on a chelsea win, hope arsenal leather them now
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 01-08-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Arsenal are a decent price to win in 90 minutes - I got 3/1 yesterday. Both teams have their deficiencies, particularly at the back, so there is a good chance of goals. It's a tough one to call, but perhaps Aubamayang will prove the difference, after a poor league season. Arsenal's recent FA Cup record is superb; I'm going 3-1 to them.

If you're thinking a wee flutter, Paddy Power offering money back as cash if Chelsea win in 90 minutes, maximum £10.
    Looks that way. Class player.

The reffing in this game has been a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    The reffing in this game has been a disgrace.
    Yes, he's been terrible. That red card ruined the game.

I'm happy. £20 Arsenal to win in 90 minutes, 3/1. I just wish I'd added Aubameyang to score any time.

And it's always nice to those West London loyalists lose a big game.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 01-08-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Spurs best period in years, arsenal's worst. Arsenal up 4-0 in trophies. Ouch.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Deserved win for Arsenal without a doubt. I get the concern about keeping Aubameyang but he is not young and they need to be thinking to the future. I think Martinelli is a huge prospect and hopefully he recovers from his injury successfully. Nketiah and Saka look real talents as well, in forward roles.

Chelsea were a bit too physical today, as the injury count and yellow cards demonstrated. I thought Arsenal rode the ropes for some of the first half but were clearly stronger. Ceballos is a talent and hopefully they can retain him. Tierney is still learning his trade but since he joined Arsenal it has been clear to see his capabilities.

Shifting Ozil off the wage bill is the priority. That opens the door to bringing in two very decent players or one world-class player. The priority is probably central defence. If they continue with three at the back I can see Tierney as the left-sided component but I don’t have as much confidence in the rest. Rob Holding probably has a season to show whether he is up for it. Sokratis and Mustafi have probably shot their bolt. Luiz is a roll of the dice from one game to another. Saliba, returning from loan, might be an answer but it is a gamble -it usually takes a season for players to adapt to English Premiership football.

Martinez has probably established himself as first-choice keeper. Pépé now has some experience of English football. Arsenal are not far away from challenging for the title IMO, especially if Lucas Torreira comes back well from his injury. All in all, it is a very young squad with huge potential but needing some gaps plugged.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Deserved win for Arsenal without a doubt. I get the concern about keeping Aubameyang but he is not young and they need to be thinking to the future. I think Martinelli is a huge prospect and hopefully he recovers from his injury successfully. Nketiah and Saka look real talents as well, in forward roles.

Chelsea were a bit too physical today, as the injury count and yellow cards demonstrated. I thought Arsenal rode the ropes for some of the first half but were clearly stronger. Ceballos is a talent and hopefully they can retain him. Tierney is still learning his trade but since he joined Arsenal it has been clear to see his capabilities.

Shifting Ozil off the wage bill is the priority. That opens the door to bringing in two very decent players or one world-class player. The priority is probably central defence. If they continue with three at the back I can see Tierney as the left-sided component but I don’t have as much confidence in the rest. Rob Holding probably has a season to show whether he is up for it. Sokratis and Mustafi have probably shot their bolt. Luiz is a roll of the dice from one game to another. Saliba, returning from loan, might be an answer but it is a gamble -it usually takes a season for players to adapt to English Premiership football.

Martinez has probably established himself as first-choice keeper. Pépé now has some experience of English football. Arsenal are not far away from challenging for the title IMO, especially if Lucas Torreira comes back well from his injury. All in all, it is a very young squad with huge potential but needing some gaps plugged.
    Manchester United have the youngest squad in the EPL. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

I enjoyed that until I read the last paragraph. Arsenal are a million miles off city and Liverpool, and will be the same distance away from united and Chelsea when you look at who their signing.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    I enjoyed that until I read the last paragraph. Arsenal are a million miles off city and Liverpool, and will be the same distance away from united and Chelsea when you look at who their signing.
    Yeah, City and Liverpool are miles ahead. I can only see United, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea fighting it out for top four again next season. It's going to take time to close the gap. I think the chasing pack will all improve, but so will City and Liverpool.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Sleeves View Post
    72 cup finals black and white tv
    Happily this one ended better than 72 and hopefully so will our one